5 weeks post op still not myself /1st time post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post op  still not myself /1st time post 5 weeks post op still not myself /1st time post

Unread 12-28-2002, 06:51 AM
5 weeks post op still not myself /1st time post

I had the last part of my hysterectomy 5 weeks ago with the first part being 1 1/2 years ago. I figured that with feeling so bad and in pain for so long that I would have some sort of relief by now.
I still have to use a pillow when I get up from a laying or sitting position, forget about sneezing, that still scares me. I can't even remember when the last night I had a good sleep can't seem to get comfortable.
Also when I try to urinate it feels as though there are boulders in my belly around the incission.

This is my first time to any sight.

Thanks
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2002, 07:10 AM
Linda, healing can be so arbitrary

I know how you feel in a way. Here I sit at nearly nine weeks post op and gee, I should have been all better at six weeks. Having a huge problem with hormonal balance for one thing. Vaginal healing is slow too. Fatigue, ennui, brain fog, hate it!

I am concerned that you are in such significant pain and having urinary problems. I think an exam is in order soon for you. When is your next post-op check? Twere me, I would call and ask to be seen soon. And I would also be asking for some medication for pain, perhaps one that helps with inflammation.

The sleep thing is a common topic around this board. My whole sleep cycle has turned upside down and I am not the only hystersister facing insomnia. Lots of things disrupt the sleep cycle for us. Detoxing the anesthesia, hormones all wonky, napping behavior, pain. Some find relief doing home remedies, some with over the counter sleep aids, some need sedatives and anti-depressants. What will work for you is something you need to consult your doc about.

I hope you get some help and can start resting better soon.
Unread 12-28-2002, 09:09 AM
It takes alot longer than you think

It took me forever to feel ok after my surgery. I'm four months post now and I am still having trouble. I felt pain and spasms when I peed for at least two and a half months! I still have trouble now and then with having to bear down when I pee! It gats better, but be patient, it takes a long time!

Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register