Am I forever changed? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I forever changed? Am I forever changed?

Unread 12-28-2002, 05:12 PM
Am I forever changed?

I had a lavh/Bso on 8/10/01. I have been different every since does it ever get better? I am always groughy. Eveything seems to be a big deal to me. I blow every thing out of porporation. No matter how hard I try not to . I am on Prozac, but no hormones. Dr. did finally put me own primerin but it just made me cramp all the time. He says I do not need any estrogen because I do not have to worry aboiut uterus cancer but am I wrong but don't I need it for other things like sanity? I am 27. I am sure I need it for something. O Yea the kicker I gained 50lbs. Which really ***** Can any one tell me some good news Or what I should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2002, 05:38 PM
Am I forever changed?

Hello my Arkansas Sister, I am so sorry you are feeling bad, I have been wondering around in the jungle for 3 years. I am sensitive to hormones, so it makes for a poor quality of life. I have tryed many antidepressants but seem to react to them. I feel like life is over for me but I keeping praying and trying to see the bright side of each day. Maybe someone will come along with some advice but just wanted to let you know your not alone. Oh and before I forget I too am from Arkansas. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Unread 12-28-2002, 05:42 PM
Am I forever changed?

First off, at your age, you do need something for bone health.
That is a long time to go without anything.
There are a couple of things that will work to protect your bones like evista that contain no hormones. I would get a second opinion on the fact that you need no estrogen for the rest of your life. It seems awfully young to go hormone. But if you feel good, and your moods are stable, and no hot flashes maybe you can get by on just something for bone health.
There are lots of other estrogens besides premarin, and maybe one of those would not make you cramp up like it did.
It is very synthetic and not like our bodies make. Still some women do very well on it.
Weird that it could make you cramp, since there is no uterus or cervix in there. But I don't doubt you for a second, our bodies are strange and complex.

Shazz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Twere me, I would be picking another doc's brain

Giving you a trial on Premarin, not getting symptom control and then not trying one of the other excellent HRT drugs out there? And telling you you don't need estrogen (or did you mean progesterone?) because you don't have uterine cancer risk? Lot of other parts of your body need hormones to function well. Someone needs to be trying harder to help you is my initial reaction here. :burning: And there are more with-it docs out there chose from. Women who have undergone surgical hysterectomy need medical follow-up and you need a doc who is going to provide that for you, going to the limits if he or she has to.

Now having stated my humble opinion of your past medical treatment, I have an idea for you so you are prepared for when you find a doc who is going to take hormonal issues seriously. First, I want you to do some research here on this site and learn about surgical menopause, HRT, symptoms of estrogen, progesterone and other hormone imbalances. Then list your symptoms, including the ones that might also fall under emotional or psychological, and see where you stand.

While you are doing your research, check on how HRT benefits surgically menopausal women. For example, HRT can prevent osteoporosis. Add those factors to your list for your next consult.

The biggest player in finding hormonal balance is the surgical menopausal woman herself. You are the historian here. You have the info that is going to guide your health care team in some of their treatment decisions. You have a voice, a powerful voice. Now, go get 'em!

Unread 12-29-2002, 09:39 AM
Thank you'll

thanks for all the advice I will do some research. I am going to make a dr. app. Monday I will let you'll know.. O yea NO balance at all in in area .. lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register