Sooooo Sad | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-29-2002, 10:39 PM
Sooooo Sad

I don't know where to begin, I am post op from an LAVH from Oct 8, 2002. I don't know if this is normal but I do not feel happy at all! All I want to do is sleep and stay home. I have a full time job that I have returned to but I don't want to go in, I have taken way too much time out these last three weeks to go home to sleep. I have tried to talk to my hubby but he does'nt "get it". I do not see any light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. I just feel sad all the time. Does anybody know if this is "normal"? I would love to hear from anybody, I can't help feeling like I want to run away from everything as well as feeling alone all the time. I'm sorry I'm carrying on but I don't know what else to do. Please help! I just want to feel ok again!

Thank you for this site!!!
Sandi

PS - I am not always this depressing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2002, 10:55 PM
Sooooo Sad

Hi Sandi sweetie s

You are only a few months post-op honey..I felt this way till my 1 year post-op...Rest as much as you can your body has been through so much.....I was also so so sad and my dr. but me on prozac and I feel so so much better....I don;t take HRT so I need all the balance I can get other ways...........Are you on vit/min supplements and a good daily calicum????????

Let your dr know how you are feeling.........Lots os sisters fell and felt this way........

Keep us posted and please call the dr... Here for you and you will be fine

s
sis
Unread 12-31-2002, 01:38 AM
Sooooo Sad

Hi Sandi I'm so sorry you're feeling sad all the time. Have you had your hormone levels checked yet? You are probably far enough post op that you could get some meaningful results that might help figure out what's going on with you.

Are you on HRT? If so, what kind? Your hormones can play a really huge role in your sense of well being. I hope you have a DR you can work with to figure this out. Many ladies here have decided at about a month or two (or six) post op that the DR who did their surgery isn't really the best partner to work with on hormone issues. I started seeing a new internist at six months post op and have felt much better based on her recommendations.

Have you seen the lists of symptoms of too much/too little estrogen/progesterone and testosterone? In case you haven't, here are the estrogen/progesterone ones:

http://www.hormonejungle.com/toomuch.php

and here is the list for testosterone:

ABUNDANCE OF TESTOSTERONE

oily skin
acne
facial hair
deepening voice
feelings of anger and aggression
male pattern baldness
clitoral enlargement

DEFICIENCY IN TESTOSTERONE

vaginal dryness
urinary incontinence
dry skin
brittle hair
decreased sexual desire
reduced energy and sense of well-being
insensitivity to clitoral stimulation
insensitivity to nipple stimulation
decreased arousability overall
lower capacity for orgasm
thinning of pubic hair (for some women)

Hopefully these will help you have a good discussion with your DR about how you're feeling. Also as (((Sis))) mentioned, it's important to take adequate vitamins and supplements, especially calcium and magnesium.

Sweetie, it's OK to feel sad and tired, but you deserve to feel better and better. I hope the support of your sisters here will give you the energy to find out what's causing this lack of energy and get your old "self" back. We're here for you any time you need us!
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2002, 06:41 AM
Sooooo Sad

Good morning,
Thank you for replying, it is so reassuring to know that other women experienced some of the same issues that I am having. That might mean that I am not going crazy after all!!! I have contacted my Dr. and he put me on Effecor to get me over this "hump". I am hopefull that this will help. I also want to mention that this site is great! Just reading some of the messages on the message board has helped a lot! Thank you for being there!!!

Sandi
Unread 01-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Sooooo Sad

Sandi sweetie s

Let us know how your feeling OK????......We are here for you and understand soooo much how you feel becouse we all are going through the same or close to the same feelings....Health issues....etc.....

I am so gratetful to have all you sisters,..........And after reading the great info ((linda)) gave...I think I am big time deficiency in testosterone....I think I am going to talk to my dr and see what she thinks...........

Sandi I go through so many ups and downs sometimes I just want to run and hide...........

I find a quiet place for myself and pray...I lite a candle and just try to relax my body............I find I don't handle things the way I use to..........I get very worked up over small things.............So sister what I am saying to you is ....Vent all you want we are here and sooooo understand.............We are in this together......

s

sis

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register