10 day update on me... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 day update on me... 10 day update on me...

Unread 12-30-2002, 08:15 AM
10 day update on me...

Hi Ladies, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We as usual were very busy, but I was a good princess and let everyone else do most of the work for me.
I am 10 days post op today, I feel pretty good, my little incisions don't really hurt anymore, I am still a little tender in the tummy area, but I expect that to last a little longer. I do have one problem starting to rear it's ugly head, I am having tremendous pain right before and during a bowel movement, the kind that brings tears to your eyes. I am hoping it is just things settling down in there and that it will go away soon, I go for my follow up on the 9th and hope it is gone by then, if not then I will be telling the doc about it. Other than that I really don't feel too bad, it is really too soon for me to tell if the barrier has made any kind of difference in the adhesions or not, and I don't know yet from the doctor if he was able to ge to them all, he told my mom on the waiting room that he wasn't sure that this would work for me without opening me up and taking them out that way cause they were so bad. So that is about it for me, as always, you ladies take care of yourselves and s to you all.
Carmel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2002, 10:34 AM
10 day update on me...

Hi there Carmel and thanks for the update

Sounds like your recovery is going good and I'm happy that your incisions already feel a lot better. Sorry about the new pains during BM's, though

Sweetie, if the pain continues, please be sure to mention them to your doctor. I'd hate to see you suffer until the 9th when relief might be as easy as a phone call. Be sure to drink plenty of water (preferably at room temperature) and to walk a little, in order to keep "things moving".

Sending lots of gentle s your way.
Unread 12-30-2002, 11:42 AM
10 day update on me...

Hi Carmel..we're twins..I had my laparotomy for BSO & adhesiolysis the same day you did. Is the pain you are having like the labor kind of pain you might feel when you are kind of constipated? I am having that kind of pain, but only when I have not taken my stool softners like I should and drinking plenty of water. I am trying to take them religiously now after a few bouts with that kind of pain. However, I have had no pain after having a bowel movement, so maybe yours is something different.

I am feeling wonderful! OMG! I can't believe it. It is like I have a new life or something. Today I walked out to the mail box...it's 60 in MO today (unusual)...kind of breezy and balmy so I came back in the house, put on some jeans (they fit!), a t-shirt and jacket, went back out and walked up my street and back down again! I haven't felt this good since my hyst one year and 4 monthes ago. Really feels like I am going to have my life back. It's great not to be in pain.

Seems to me I am healing quickly and very nicely. As of yesterday I haven't really had to take anything too much for pain. All my bruising is gone.

I agree with Dany...call your doctor if the pain continues after trying the water, walking and stool softners! Take good care of yourself!

Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2002, 12:43 PM
10 day update on me...

Thanks for the replies Ladies, Sherry, I am so happy to hear that you are feeling so good, I haven't taken any pain pills since the 24th, the pain I am having doesn't seem to be from constipation as I am having regular bowel movements, they just seem to happen right before and during then kinda go away till next time. I am still very bruised at my lower incision, it looks like I have been beat on my lower tummy, very black and purple still. I took softners for the first few days but then things started moving along on there own so I haven't taken any more since then. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and hope it passes soon. I have started having the lower back pain again, (hate to admit that) but am hoping it is just from being fairly inactive and will also go away on it's own.
Dany, I am drinking a lot of water and doing a lot of walking around, I have even been shopping. I don't think it is constipation or even gas, hoping it is just some settling going on. I'll keep you all posted as things progress.
Sending s
Carmel
Unread 12-30-2002, 04:33 PM
10 day update on me...

((( Carmel ))), I think you are using wisdom in taking the wait and see approach...and I think you're right when you say things may be settling...I know it takes a while and every day something changes at this early stage of recovery. Hang in there! I'll be praying for you that everything heals right in there this time. I have really been saying prayers for myself too!

I am feeling a little stiff and sore after walking up the street today...hope I didn't do too much, but I didn't even walk a block and it was all falt and I went slow. I've been taking it easy all afternoon except going to the video store to get some movies for New Year's Eve (DH drove since doc said no driving for 4 weeks). My doctor warned me about feeling really good and doing too much and then paying for it. Believe me, I'm not doing any housecleaning or anything like that.

Maybe you just need to rest for a while...put your feet up and lay down. My evening is going to be very decadent. You did have the laparoscopy only didn't you? You are probably still gassy as well after having the belly blown up.

Anyway you are in my ray:ers!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Sherry
Unread 12-30-2002, 04:49 PM
10 day update on me...

Carmel,
It's good to hear from you sweetie. I had alot of pain after my last lap and one of the sister's suggested to me that maybe it was gas. I didn't think so, as I wasn't constipated or belching or anything, but I was hurting so bad I figured what the heck and got some gasx and it did help.

I was very bruised after this last lap also. It took a good 6 weeks for the bruising to totally clear.

I will that this is just healing pains for you Carmel. If it continues or is particularly troublesome please do give the doc a call.

Unread 12-30-2002, 09:25 PM
CARMEL!!

JUST WANTED TO GIVE A LITTLE INPUT.. I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM ADHESIONS FOR 8 YEARS. AND WOULD LIKE TO TELL ALL OF YOU LADIES THAT HAVE EVER HAD THEM THAT AFTER YOUR LAPS. WHEN THEY TAKE THE ADHESIONS OFF OR AWAY HOWEVER YOU WANT TO SAY IT. IT IS ALMOST LIKE BRUISING AND YOU WILL HURT IN ALL THE SPOTS THEY TOOK THE ADHESIONS FROM AND ALSO WHERE THEY WERE STICKING.... I JUST HAD TWO SURGERIES WITHIN 6WKS OF ONE ANOTHER. ONE WAS A LAP. AND THE OTHER WAS THE TAH/BSO/APPENDECTOMY.

I DONT KNOW IF THIS HELPS OR MAKES YOU FEEL AT EASE SOME BUT JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW..NICKY
Unread 12-31-2002, 02:57 AM
10 day update on me...

Hi Carmel,
I'm 2 weeks behind you but am getting pretty much the pain you describe, very strong just before and during the bm as if as it moves it presses on something very sore.
Only last night I said to DH that if this lasts much longer I'll have a mouthful of broken teeth from gritting them so hard! I have also been known to bite on a towel. Soon as I'm through it's gone like magic. I don't feel constipated, but am still windy, every time I lay off the gas-x I regret it.
Dr said it's just the healing/settling down going on. Hope this helps, but do ask Dr about it-and if you come up with a solution, let me know!!!!!!

Vicky
SAH/BSO 12/6/02
Unread 12-31-2002, 05:29 AM
Carmel

I just want to give a little input here! First of all big 's to you! Second of all you just had surgery so your body needs some time each surgery wears a body down. When I had my adhesions removed through a lap I remember being extremely bruised for quite sometime afterwards! The Bm thingy I had that too after my lap and after my last surgery in April24,2002! I tried stool softners and they did'nt help at all finally I broke dow and took some Milk of magnesia and that helped things move along and with a little less pain! But I did end up back in the dr.'s office and on some Elavil antidepressant which helps things relax in there I only took it at night! However I'm off it now due to the fact its affecting my heart! So please if it continues call your doctor, its not like your bothering him you pay him for this ! Please don't over do it take it easy I know you feel better, but remember not to hit that wall!
Love Colette
Unread 12-31-2002, 06:42 AM
10 day update on me...

Once again you Ladies have come through for me. It's nice to know that others have had the same thing happen and that it is just normal healing and settling going on. I did get some gas x and have started taking it, so far it hasn't made much of a difference. I was actually woken up last night with the pains but not needing to have a bm or pass gas, they lasted for a few minutes then passed, hoping this ends soon, it is getting rather annoying..
s to you all and a very happy new year!!!
Carmel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register