What cha gonna do with your TED sox? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What cha gonna do with your TED sox? What cha gonna do with your TED sox?

Unread 12-31-2002, 02:13 PM
What cha gonna do with your TED sox?

OK, I've about two more weeks to go with these blasted TED stockings. Anybody have any silly stories on what you did with yours, once you were able to take them off for good? Anybody have anything that you *wish* you'd have done with them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2002, 02:42 PM

what are TED stockings? are they the ones you wear to prevent clotting? if so, they let me quit wearing them in the hospital once I was up and walking more.
Unread 12-31-2002, 02:55 PM

I'm jealous! Yes, they are the one in the same. The nurses seemed to act as though my doc was being ultra-conservative in saying six weeks, but maybe it is because I have a couple of varicose veins? Not sure, but I'll see what he says on Friday. Maybe I'll get off for good behavior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2002, 04:14 PM

I never even had to wear them. Are they for special circumstances only??
Unread 12-31-2002, 04:30 PM

I got TED socks (long, thigh high, heavy denier) pre-surgery. The nurse said something like: these are for your circulation, and they cost $96! Must admit, I really like them a lot. When surgeon's nurse called the day after I got home to see how I was doing, I asked if I could keep wearing them. She enthusiastically said YES!

My plans for TED socks.... I am going to wear them when I travel by air. Occasionaly I am on very long flights and circulation is a problem. In fact, I was thinking of asking my doc for another pair in black for when i go back to work. LOL. They are like tights (with a small hole in toes), and wouldn't be uncomfortable on swelly-belly like tights. I stand a lot when I am working, and I think they would feel good.
Unread 12-31-2002, 07:43 PM

I only wore them in the Hospital too but had one idea:
how about tying them together and making one of those huge
water-baloon launchers?
Unread 12-31-2002, 08:09 PM

Here's an idea for ya!
For those TED sox you got in the hospital,( which I was lucky enough to receive a pair.)
Stuff'em with those big drawers we all bought for after surgery and use it as a draft blocker for the front and back doors. Hey it could work.
Unread 01-01-2003, 06:21 AM

Thanks for the chuckles, girls....and those who love theirs or didn't have to wear any==I gotta give you the boot! (just kidding)
Actually, it isn't that they feel bad or anything, mine are only knee highs, but ONE pair? Did they figure that we wouldn't want to take them off for washing? I did cheat on Christmas day so that I could wear nylons with dress shoes. Black ones--of course! Someone with fashion sense needs to be designing these ;-). Navy ones, brown, red....
Unread 01-01-2003, 04:33 PM

I had some cool ones. They pump up full of air, in stages until both your legs are compressed, then the air lets up. I LOVED mine. BUT, once I started walking, they unhooked them. I had them on during surgery, and until I got to walk around.

They were like little massages, all night long on my legs. Wish I could of kept those.

Take care!!
Unread 01-01-2003, 05:47 PM

I had the TED sox and the massage thingies. I walked the next morning so they took the massage thingies off. Too bad. They were cool. I'd love to have them for the leg aches I've had a few times since coming home. The Dr let me take the sox off the following afternoon, but the nurse said I could take them home and wear them for two weeks to prevent clottiing. I said no thanks, I didn't like them. Left them on the window seal in the castle! I can't think of anything creative for you to do with them. Personally, I'd burn them. Don't want any extra reminders from the week from hell. Beth

TAH/BSO 11/25 extreme endo & fibroid

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register