Going back to school in your 30's.... - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going back to school in your 30's.... Going back to school in your 30's....

Unread 12-22-2004, 05:14 PM
Going back to school in your 30's....

I got an A in English 1302. I had to do my first major research paper and got an A on it. I was so proud. I had a great teacher also. He really helped alot and his comments were useful, not critical like the teacher I had for English 1301.

Ladies, I am officially done! I applied for graduation last week! Didn't quite make highest honors, but will graduate with high honors. I am so happy to finally achieve my goal. My smile is going to light up the auditorium when I walk across that stage in my cap and gown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2004, 07:12 PM

Kim,

I am so proud to know you! You have had a long journey and faced so many challenges along the way. Congratulations!
Unread 12-22-2004, 07:15 PM

Thanks Denise
It truly has been a challenge. It took everything I had in me to finish.

To all my sisters, you CAN do this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2004, 09:38 PM

Hi Ladies,
Kim, congratulations!! Way to go, getting honors. You must be just tickled pink! Please take a picture and post it on here!!

I too am going back to school. I went back at 27, took 3 years to do my 1st year. Started in a BA in Psych, switched that to a BA in Child and Youth Care Counselling. Decided I could not be impartial with a child and decided after my surgery to take Social Work. So in May, I will officially once again be a student. My DS is old enough now to do homework with me at the table.

DH is 51 and is going to school, university level for the first time ever, and is taking Addictions Counselling. He got his first assignment back and was absolutely beaming at his B+....

Hugs and good luck to you all
Kat
Unread 12-22-2004, 10:56 PM

Congratulations Kim!!!! I am really looking forward to graduation day.........it's a long way away though.

I have a question for you ladies.....Can you ever "lose" your credits? My husband went to college 15 years ago and never quite finished. He thought that after a certain amount of time you couldn't use those credits anymore. Is that true. I thought you could. In fact I know a man that is going into the nursing program that took microbiology 30 years ago and does not have to take it now because he took it then. I am really encouraging my husband to go back and finish getting his degree in Physical Education so he can start doing what he truly loves to do.
Unread 12-22-2004, 11:21 PM

Pasdechat,

It depends on the college and depends on the credits. Some biology classes may have to be retaken. If he's going to a different school, there's a lot of time involved in the school evaluating how they will transfer the credits. He should really make an appointment with an admissions counselor or advisor at the school he wants to go to, and bring a copy of his transcript, just to see what he can get.

Some schools (particularly in Texas) offer you the OPTION of discarding grades more than a certain number of years old. This is called academic amnesty and is used if your old grades were really bad and you want to start fresh. It is OPTIONAL.
Unread 04-15-2005, 02:00 PM
BIG exam tomorrow!

Tomorrow I'm taking the MCAT, the admissions exam for med school. I've studied hard for the last ten weeks, and this week I relaxed hard! I'm excited, and I'm ready, and I can't wait until I'm finished!

Please ladies, tell me how you're doing out there as the semester reaches its peak for many of us. I'd love to hear from you all.
Unread 04-15-2005, 02:56 PM

Denise,
Good luck! I know you'll do great!

My graduation ceremony is in 3 weeks. I have purchased my cap and gown and have already received the diploma. I bought a special frame for it and am looking for that special place to hang it. I still can't believe that I am really finished!
Unread 04-15-2005, 03:11 PM

Kim, I hope you'll post a graduation picture somewhere! I want to see you in your robes!
Unread 04-15-2005, 03:57 PM

Hi all, well I am 2 wks away from graduation with my BSN, and this past week I got my acceptance letter to MSN school, took me 16 years to get to grad school, but May 9th I begin my classes for Nurse Practitioner.

Kim, congrats on the honors!! Denise, good luck on the MCAT!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register