Going back to school in your 30's.... - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going back to school in your 30's.... Going back to school in your 30's....

Unread 12-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Going back to school in your 30's....

WOOHOO! You go, Kim!

So far I have a solid A in biology and probably a solid A in chemistry as well. I just finished my last Chemistry exam, and I'll get that back tomorrow. Finals are this Saturday and next Monday. Then I'm free for a while. Then, let the napping begin!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2003, 08:57 PM

Hi! you can do it!! i am 48, married 25 years, have two grown children, and 6 grandchildren. I am 1/2 way through my RN training, I work 4 nights a week at the hospital, and go to school 4 days a week. I also have a 3.8 gpa. Those "youngsters" ain't got nothin on us older gals!!! We know what we want and go for it. Do it. Cindy
Unread 12-09-2003, 10:35 PM

Well, here's an update on me.....

First of all, I was just thinking about this thread today. It was a year ago that I started this thread and here I am finishing up my second term of school. I was going to wait until I finished my chemistry final and got my grades before I updated you all, but here's an update for now and then I'll give you a final update once grades are posted.

I had my speech final on Monday and grades will be posted tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I will have an A.......but you never know!!!!

My chemistry final is on Thursday. Last week, I had a 94.48% in chemistry and it should only be higher by now because I just got back 2 assignments that were 96% and 96.5%.....BUT, I also got back a test that was only 85%. We have an extra credit assignment to turn in by Thursday also. So, it looks like I should have an A in chemistry. We'll see after the final though!!!! At this point, I would be soooooo disappointed with a B because I made it this far with an A!!!! Wish me luck for my upcoming final. I will be so incredibly proud of myself if I end up with an A in chemistry!

Good job to all of you who are working so hard in school and doing so well! Keep up the great work everyone!!!

I'll talk to you on Friday when both my grades should be posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2003, 04:25 PM

I think we all deserve a for persevering and continuing our studies!

Pasdechat, I do know how you feel about your grades. While I feel disappointed with anything less than an A, I have learned thru the years that a B will not kill ya'! I even remember my first C, which was college algebra. I almost quit school totally over it. I do feel with a better teacher I could've made a B, who knows maybe even an A, but one grade isn't going to change my life.

Big s and for all my college sisters!

Yes Denise, a good is in order! Will probably have to wait until after I get the xmas shopping done though. LOL
Unread 12-17-2003, 05:12 PM

Well, ladies......I had an A in chemistry and an A in speech all the way up until the day of finals and I ended up with a B+ in both classes:burning: I know that a B+ is good, but to come so far with an A in BOTH classes and drop that much from the final......

I know I didn't study as much as I should have for the finals, but I was so busy and I guess I felt safe with my A's and didn't think I would drop below an A. I got an 80% on my chemistry final and I'm assuming my speech final was somewhere around there also.

I could have turned in extra credit for speech, but never got it done.....guess I should have done it.

I wouldn't be upset about it at all if it wasn't for the fact that I had A's in both classes the WHOLE ENTIRE term!!!!!!

Unread 12-17-2003, 05:17 PM

((((pasdechat))))
Perhaps you could contact the teacher and ask what dropped your grade? I remember way back when I made a B in intermediate algebra, I had to do pretty poorly on the final to get a B in the class but never questioned it. I wish that I had though.

Remember a B is not the end of the world my friend. I know it's hard to accept sometimes, but a B is still pretty darn good!
Unread 12-31-2003, 01:52 PM

Well, it was 1 year ago today that I started this thread.

What's everyone going to take this next term? I'm going to take Human Biology.....that's it! I am going to show up to chemistry on the first day and see if I can get in....it was full when I registered for winter term. If I get in then I will drop biology. I don't have to take this biology class anyway......it's just highly recommended before taking A&P.

Good luck on this next term
Unread 12-31-2003, 02:24 PM
hey brainy!

Wish I had discovered this thread earlier, but kinda logged off when recovered and stopped visiting. Of course, soon as trouble strikes, back I come!

I too went backto school but through correspondence so I could continue working as a teacher aide. I am doing my primary teaching degree. It takes 5 years this way, 3 if I went full time.

I'm loving it but it took a while to get my brain back in gear! I seem to be mistake blind to errors on monitor, I have to print out in black ink or paper before I can 'see' my mistakes that need fixing. Oh yes, I hate APA referencing!

I was 41 when I enrolled so should just make full registration (takes 2 years) before I hit 50!

Am putting an update on this thread so I don't miss out! Wishing you another successful academic year and whilst you may feel a bit disappointed with a B, just remember some are grateful to pass with a C! Happy New Year, Linda
Unread 12-31-2003, 03:10 PM

Friends,
I am taking English 1301. It's mostly a composition class. I am just taking the one class. Than I will have one left, which is English 1302. I will probably skip the summer semester and take it next fall and than this time next year I will be graduating. Yippee! Sooooo.....a 2 year degree will have officially taken me 10 years!
Unread 12-31-2003, 03:20 PM

Kim,

Graduating is graduating. The longer the journey, the bigger the prize--at least in pride. Look at how many opportunities you've had over the last ten years to give up! And you passed them all by.

I've hung onto my As in Organic Chemistry and Biology--in Chemistry I got exactly the number of points I needed to keep a 95 average--and then he curved! SO I had some room to spare. Next semester I take the second semester of both classes, along with TWO mornings of chemistry lab. If I don't explode, this will be my hardest semester before getting into (knock wood) med school. Happy holidays to all!

Denise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register