fistula surgery - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

fistula surgery fistula surgery

Unread 01-15-2003, 06:21 PM
from Laura

My mom has come out of the surgery and is in recovery. Unfortunately, they could not do the procedure that they wanted to do, and had to go through her abdomen. She was in surgery for over four hours. I am still unable to talk to her, and I am only getting information from my dad, who isn't always as talkative as I would like him to be. I will write more as soon as I know anything. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I will also be visiting her tomorrow afternoon, and I will write more then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2003, 06:32 PM
fistula surgery

Dear Laura, thank you so much for providing the update. I'm sorry that they couldn't do the planned procedure and had to do an abdominal incision.

Please let your Mom know that we're all ing and thinking of her.
Unread 01-15-2003, 08:46 PM
fistula surgery

Thanks for the update (((Laura))),
Please give your mom lots of gentle s from all of us.

-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2003, 12:54 PM
fistula surgery

Dear Laura,

Please tell your Mom she's in my thought's and prayers. To bad the surgery had to be done through the tummy. But at least it's over with and now the feeling better can begin. Just make sure she takes it easy and rests alot. Keep us posted as to how she's doing.

Kim
Unread 01-17-2003, 12:58 PM
fistula surgery

Dear Laura,

Thanks for posting about your mom. I hope pray that things are better by today. Please tell her that we are all thinking about her and please post an update on her if you get a chance.

Hope the rest of ya'll are staying warm and DRY!!!

MaryJulia
Unread 01-17-2003, 05:13 PM
How is Louise?

Does anyone know how Louise is doing? I have been searching the sites but no luck. She said her dd would post on this thread. I know that she will not feel like posting herself for at least a few more days. I am praying for her. I received a call from my uro yesterday. I was supposed to have the cathater removed next Thursday but he wants me to wait until the 28th. The 27th he wants a cystogram and IVP done again. That makes 7 weeks altogether for the cath. I don't know who was more upset, me or my dh. Please let me know about Louise?
Terry
Unread 01-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Dah, Disregard previous!

Oh my,
Now I see the post about Louise. I don't know how I missed it! My brain is mush these days. So sorry about the abdomen. Hang in there Louise it does get better, eventually!
In my prayers,
Terry
Unread 01-17-2003, 07:02 PM
fistula surgery

Louise,

Sorry to hear about the surgery. You are in my prayers, should have fiqured that the smaller the Fistula the harder to repair.
You are going to be sore for a few days as you know and then you will be on the road to recovery for good. Keep us posted on your progress.

Barbara
Unread 01-18-2003, 11:36 AM
another from Laura

My mom had a rough night on Thursday in the hospital, she was having problems breathing and could not stay awake. Her blood oxygen level was low, and they put her on oxygen after running some tests (all of which came back okay). She was supposed to come home yesterday, but they decided to keep her another day, so hopefully, she will be home later this afternoon. She was doing a lot better yesterday. I'll post more when I know more, or she will narrate to me soon! Thank you for all of your thoughts and concerns! Laura
Unread 01-18-2003, 11:59 AM
fistula surgery

Thank you Laura for keeping us posted on your mother. I am glad she is feeling better and hopefully will be home soon. Take it from experience this is much harder to bounce back from then the hyster itself. Just when you think you will never recover you get a spurt and will feel better. Some days you feel worse then before. Don't let your mother overdo it when she gets home because she will regret it the next day. My dr said it would take 3 months and I believe him now. It sounds like you are a good dd and will be a lot of help. Give my best to your mother and let her know she is always in my thoughts.
Terry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register