fistula surgery - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

fistula surgery fistula surgery

Unread 01-19-2003, 10:26 AM
fistula surgery

Laura - please tell your Mom that she is in my thoughts and prayers. I hate it that they had to do the abdominal surgery, but it's over now and the future will only get better.

Things are O.K. on my front...just trying to stay warm!

Love, Jocelyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2003, 03:53 PM
fistula surgery

Laura, thanks for the update on your mom

((((Louise))))) Hopefully, you're home and resting, sweetie. Can't wait to hear from you. Take care: your Hyster Sisters are thinking about you.
Unread 01-20-2003, 11:17 AM
fistula surgery

Hey Louise,

Hope you are home and resting well-and not too tangled up in catheters. Hope you are getting the royal treatment and lots of love from your family. REST REST REST!!!

How is every one else doing? I've put off my last gyn appointment for another week since other stuff has come up (non-gyn related)

MaryJulia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2003, 06:18 PM
fistula surgery

Hi Everyone.

I am ok. Really tired.
I will post more later in the week with the details. Thanks for all your prayers-keep 'em coming!

Love to you all, Louise
Unread 01-21-2003, 07:51 AM
fistula surgery

Louise - so glad you are home. Please rest and post when you can. My prayers are with you.

MJ - things are good here, just fighting a constant yeast infection. Maybe my hormones are screwed up? Hope you are doing well.

Love, Jocelyn
Unread 01-21-2003, 08:19 AM
fistula surgery

Hi Louise,
Glad you are resting. That is all you can do at this point. All is fine with me. Just counting the minutes until next Tuesday when this cath comes out. Dreading Monday with another IVP & Cystogram. Hopefull the last! Drink lots of water.
Terry
Unread 01-21-2003, 10:02 AM
fistula surgery

Good morning!

I am finally feeling almost alive this morning, so I thought I would post. Here's my story as brief as I can...

As you know, they went abdom. Dr said not enough room to do it vag. Lots of adhesions (no surprise) put a fat pad like Terry's between bladder and vag. Dr said good blood supply, so all should be well. Dr said if I ever need another abdom surgery, make sure I get the BEST surgeons, my insides are a mess! Came out of surgery much more alert than last time, felt good Wedns night. Had the supra cath, no foley?

Thu, had NO appitite, the smell of food made me sick. Had fluids drip, morphine pump, and thordall(sp) Couldn't eat, kept vomiting.
Got staples instead of sutures this time(like them better!)

Thu nite, lots of problems! Couldn'y breath right (O2 really low) Couldn't stay awake. Had a fever of 102. They sent me for a CT scan and chest xray (both negative) Dr now think I have sleep apnea and are sending me later for a sleep study(great!) They were loading me with fluids, which I think, combined with the thordall, was causing most of my problems!

Friday, better, no vomiting, but still didn't want to eat. Had a cough which was scaring the h--- out of me, I was sure I would rip out every stitch! Drs not too worried. Staying another night.

Sat, still had the cough, ate a little. They sent me home with lots of meds(the usual)

I feel so much worse this time, I can't begin to tell you! Can't sleep, feel like I'll start leaking any minute. The bms are the worst-I get wicked bladder spasms and think (hope) a little incontinence

Kept coughing so much that on Mon had dh took me to the er. They gave me chest xray and I waited 4 hours in the waiting room to see a doc (what a nightmare!) never did, went home since I hadn't coughed in 4 hours and figured if I was dying I'd rather be at home! Cut out all dairy and cough is almopst gone.

I still feel crappy, but am determined to get better. I retained so much fluids that my output is twice as much as intake! I would never reccomend this to anyone and if this doesn't work, I'll wear diapers forever!

Thanks so much, I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. I love you all!

Louise
Unread 01-21-2003, 10:55 AM
fistula surgery

Louise,

So glad you are home. I know it seems like you can't bear another thing but believe me things will get better.

You are in my prayers and just think in a few weeks you will be as good as new.

Barbara
Unread 01-21-2003, 11:01 AM
fistula surgery

Oh (((Louise))), it's just got to work! It sounds like you've been through the wringer this time... do they know what caused the coughing? It sounds like maybe the dairy products were causing the phlegm (sorry to be so gross) to thicken up and get stuck maybe? Are you getting plenty of water, and of course chicken soup? The best thing to get rid of retained fluids is... more fluids!

I can't imagine what you must be feeling like right now... I wish I could reach right through and give you some real big s (gently of course!).

When do you see your DR again? I'll be thinking of you and keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that you start feeling better and better. I'm looking forward to hearing about how you're catheter free and dry!

-Linda
Unread 01-21-2003, 11:16 AM
fistula surgery

Glad to hear from you Louise. Everything you described is just like my experience except I didn't have a cough, thank God. Can't imagine that, must feel like your insides are coming out. I also didn't have a supra or staples. Both times they glued me which is great because I didn't have to have them removed but did get a minor infection. I agree it was worse then the hyster and I felt crappy for a lot longer but I am feeling a lot better now and finally see the end of the road I hope. Keep us posted and try to rest. I still take a sleeping pill and have to take darvocets for the bladder spasms. I should still be on Detrol but ran out and don't feel like calling the doctor. I leak a lot but hopefully that will stop after cath is out. I will know in another week.
Hang in there,
Terry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register