Dr. Going for 8 Chemos Vs. 6--#6 is Now Over | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr. Going for 8 Chemos Vs. 6--#6 is Now Over Dr. Going for 8 Chemos Vs. 6--#6 is Now Over

Unread 01-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Dr. Going for 8 Chemos Vs. 6--#6 is Now Over

I had NO cancerhead for this at all. Instead, I felt oddly good. Can't explain it--NO cancerhead? Am I happy about 8 vs. 6? No. Did I want to go into "limbo" again of waiting? No. But he feels 8 should be the protocol and then we decide what to do--there are two options and I'm already leaning toward the one I think will be best in the long run. Tomorrow I'll have the CA125 result. So I will get to see the new facility they're moving to (across the street) in mid January on 2/4. Feels funny--I was prepared for this, that he'd go 8 and I was also prepared for "limbo" but right now I sit kind of numb--maybe when he said 8 I got the cancerhead. Who knows. But when I was through, having missed lunch here, I went to Dairy Queen (even though I gained 5 pounds over the holidays) and then went and got four pretty carnations for myself. Odd--just now as I was typing, and after I've been to the prayer board praying for others, and thinking about why I feel numb, I got the message out of the blue: "This is to be." Look out any lurking cancer cells--and I'm going for a cyberfriend's CA125 of 4 (which will be down from last month's 6.5).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2003, 01:54 PM

s Ellen

You go for it dear friend!!!!! Eight sounds good to me. And I'll say a little prayer for that ca of 4 you are hoping for.
You sound wonderfully strong and upbeat these days. And those extra pounds look great on you.

karenann
Unread 01-06-2003, 04:40 PM

(((Ellen))))
Sounds like things are going really good!!! Excellent! Well, 2 more treatments isn't too too bad, and your doctor sure sounds like a good guy!! If he feels the protocol should be 8 then he must have some knowledge to back that up and thats good.

That CA is dropping so wonderfully!! You are giving a whole new meaning to the wish for a "single digit". Even if its stays the same its still a really good reading!!

In my prayers as always!!
M.xoxoxoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2003, 05:27 PM
gotta love dairy queen

You have an amazing attitude...and I totally believe in the strength of an M&M blizzard. I will keep you in my thoughts and send lots of good energy your way. I liked your analogy about the CT contrast and Liquid Plum'r. Thank you for your replies!
Tarah
<== in case you need it.
Unread 01-06-2003, 06:02 PM

Good Going Ellen!!

Two more...what the heck...you have gone this far already. Two more will be a piece of cake. And the low ca125 numbers!!! Don't you just love them.

Keep smiling and no one will know what you are up to!!

Rosalie
Unread 01-07-2003, 07:04 AM

Ellen,

You'll breeze right through those 2 more!! Looks like more Dairy Cream and flowers are in order!!

Sending you healing thoughts and prayers.
Unread 01-07-2003, 10:24 AM

Good Luck on 2 more Chemos. Does this mean you will be in the new area of your clinic? Praying for you for the best.
Unread 01-08-2003, 03:28 PM

Lots of s, Ellen.
Two more sessions should kill off even the lousy little coward cancer cells hiding and thinking their home free. They heard six and will be fooled. Crush them!! (that felt good)
Laura
Unread 01-08-2003, 06:57 PM

(((Ellen)))

You have a smashing attitude about this. I'm so glad that you got your message that "this is to be". It's got to be right--it wouldn't have been sent otherwise. It must have given you some peace.

I just know you can make it through 2 more treatments. And then you should continue to treat yourself to dairy queen and flowers--you deserve it!! If I were there in Wisconsin I would certainly treat you (and treat myself at the same time ).

Go number 4!!

and 'ers

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register