collette made it through #1 chemo ~*~ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

collette made it through #1 chemo ~*~ collette made it through #1 chemo ~*~

Unread 01-07-2003, 04:38 PM
collette made it through #1 chemo ~*~

time is moving sooo fast as well as freezing in the weirdest times...i wrote a few weeks back to get advice as to where to send my hair before treatments ..
Thank you everybody soooo sooo much the encouragment and advice .. setting fears i had {have}in perspective has been half the battle.
1st ... i sent off almost 3 feet of hair to locks of love an feel great about it .. i sent a letter of encouragement along with thanking them for puting my hair to the best use ever ... ~ ...
2nd ... i began taxol treatments thursday jan 2nd... the first few days i felt fine .. i had a lot of energy and was releived that starting this so well would help the days to come .
and then came those days. Sunday and Monday day 4 and 5 i felt like a MacK Truck ran me over ...i slept on and off and kept ativan and compizine close to my side... i cried alot and i felt like this was how it is going to be from here on in. eating is fine ... sleeping is fine ... its just this kinda raw blahhh feeling that seemed to take over ... i slept on the floor ... i slept in bed ... i slept next to cats dogs and in the car ~i told my husband that it feels like sanding wheel rolled over me and through me ...when he touched me i cringed ... he cried ..when he tried to make me laugh ...i cried ...but he reminded me everyday is new and that tommorrow will be a different day ~
Tuesday day 6 ... i got up ... made my own bagel and eggs and sent him off to work smiling ...well crying... but happy crying}
each day is truly a blessing ~ and a new ~
thank you thank you ladies for your support ... i see people come and go off this site intimes of need...and return to evolve with all the new questions and concerns.. advice and love that
we all cherish in eachother ... its never over foranyone ... but sharing makes all the difference in the world ~
al my health wealth and happy wishes for you all this new year ~

collette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2003, 04:44 PM

Best wishes to you. You sound like such a strong person I know you will be fine. Keep your head up and I hope that your bad days are out-weighed by the good.
Unread 01-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Each Chemo Can Be Different

I found out by personal expreience that reactions from each chemo would be different. Your energy comes from the steroid they give; the Mack Truck feeling follows and things get better then. I'd get treatment on Thursday, be up and at 'em thanks to the Decadron (to which I'm really sensitive) and the on Friday and Saturday and sometimes Sunday be flat down or up and down. Back to work Monday. Sometimes I felt a lot better than others. Each time I kept thinking that I felt so bad because the chemo was working at killing off any remaining cancer cells. Before you know it, you'll be doing chemo #6 and walking out--time does move fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2003, 06:27 PM

Congrats on getting through the first chemo -- the first one is hard because you just don't know what to expect!

I just wanted to say hang in there == when I had chemo, I usually felt good the day of and most of the day after. Than, like you, I would start feeling like I had been run over by a truck. This would last for about 3 days. By Friday evening, I was usually feeling somewhat better so that I managed to have a reasonably normal weekend before chemo again on Monday. i also slept almost constantly -- my husband said he was so lonely during this time! You will have some good days and some not so good, but you seem to have a great attitude, and that is indeed the most important thing you can do for yourself.

BTW, I also existed during those bad days on compazine and ativan!

Keep up the positive attitude! I mostly just wanted you to know that I have been where you are and am here (happy and healthy) to tell the tale!

Joanie
Unread 01-07-2003, 08:03 PM

s Collette

You are already a third of the way done!!!! I found out with six chemos that my worst time was always day two and three after the treatment. Like I said, not pleasant, but so doable.
That is wonderful what you did with your hair. Very unselfish.
Yours was the long curly hair?
Get ready for possibly straight hair in the future.
Keep in touch.

karenann
Unread 01-08-2003, 02:59 PM

Collette,
What a beautiful post - it was poetic. With that poetic heart you'll make it fine. The world needs more poets. We're all pulling for you.
Remember, women are stronger than cancer *punch*, and in groups we are an awesome power.
Keep posting and I hope it's always so poetic.
s and es,
Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register