Cravings--Do You Get Odd Ones During Chemo? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cravings--Do You Get Odd Ones During Chemo? Cravings--Do You Get Odd Ones During Chemo?

Unread 01-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Cravings--Do You Get Odd Ones During Chemo?

I was all prepared this time with my usual stuff I like and...blah. Even Dairy Queen right now doesn't excite me. What I really want is raspberry Crystal Light and orange sherbet!

Fess up--what have been some of your "must have's" right after chemo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2003, 01:25 PM

s Ellen

To tell the truth, I craved absolutely nothing for four days after my chemo treatment. I remember trying to force all the decaf liquids they insisted I drink for four days, and even that was just nausea provoking. My problem was the huge appetite that kicked in on day five. Thanks to the steroids. Then I craved any food known to man for the next two and one half weeks. And treated myself quite well in that regard. Unfortunately here I am 15 months post chemo bigger than I've ever been.
I hope you treat yourself well and indulge those cravings. You deserve it!!!

karenann
Unread 01-09-2003, 01:32 PM

Yes!!!!!!! Mine was milk and ice-cream...and it had to be vanilla ice-cream!!!!! I don't think I have had ice cream since finishing chemo either now that I think about it. I ate so much of it then.
They were the only things that tasted good to me. I lost my taste buds the last round, and nothing tasted good to me. They came back with a vengence though....I think the 40 pounds I have gained in the last 2 years is proof of that.

Ellen did you get your CA yesterday? I have been waiting for your post with your new low number!!
Hugs
M. xoxoxox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2003, 10:33 AM

I crave different thing after each chemo. I am in a brain fog for the 1st 3 days after chemo. I sleep, take my nausea meds, and drink and eat crackers. Then on day 4 my steroids also take over. I can eat anything that is handy. I made the mistake of going to the grocery store this am while I was in one on my manic eating modes. I bought 5 cans of fruit: fruit coctail, peaches, pears, plums, and apricots. This is my new craving--at least for today.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with cravings.

Ruth S
Unread 01-10-2003, 12:30 PM

I not craving anything yet after this weeks chemo except sleep;rest; After the first chemo I craved persimmoms. Our neighbor had given us a bag of them and I couldn;t get enough!
Usually I just bake them in bread and never eat them. After the second chemo i craved tomatoes.
Unread 01-10-2003, 01:50 PM
Haaa thats soooo funnny*~

Hi to everyone ...
This post is making me laugh...ive been really hungry.. same thing like fruit salads ...canned cocktail ..mini little mandarines with icecream .. mmmm i went t cold stone icecream out here in california and had peppermint with fudge chunks....OMG....theres d*****itley those days that i cant stand food ... but seem to be making i up fine on the days i do .
its one of the Best things In my liFE right NOW~*~ keep a scoopin~*~
:
collette
Unread 01-10-2003, 06:18 PM

I always crave anything with whipped cream or that thick, sweet bakery frosting -- I always especially crave peanut butter cup pie -- have you ever had that? They serve it at Dennys -- yum...

Hugs,

Cyndy
Unread 01-10-2003, 07:22 PM

MY craving was tomato juice.. sounds silly but that is all i wanted. Do not know if it was the salt or the tomato I was craving.
Now i am onto V-8 juice.
Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register