I'm getting Scared! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm getting Scared! I'm getting Scared!

Unread 01-11-2003, 08:31 AM
I'm getting Scared!

{{Tammy}}

Please don't be so hard on yourself!! Its perfectly natural to be scared, this IS scary!!! Especially so when you're dealing with a recurrence, but keep in mind, you've beaten this twice already, you'll do it again!!!! There is NO right or wrong way to feel, each of us is going to handle things in your own way and don't let anyone tell you how YOU should handle it.

Same as above, there is NO time frame that says you WILL feel better by such and such a date, tissues take time to heal especially ones that have been worked on more than once. BUT!!! If something doesn't feel right or I guess, "seem" right, be sure to ask your Dr or have them check it out.

I had two different rounds of Chemo, first one was the Taxol/Carbo combo, same as the other gals, one day every three weeks. I scheduled it on Fridays so I could recooperate over the weekend. This way I only missed one day of work every three weeks and was able to work throughout.

My second round was with a drug called Topotecan, this was administered again every three weeks but every day during that week. Each session lasted about an hour so I scheduled it before work where possible. Again I was able to work throughout without too many troubles.

I think my main problem was the anti nausea meds, mind you they worked well but...... they did cause constipation which in turn caused me to feel hmmm, fairly icky after a few days. Not too sure how to describe it but just in case this type of problem is bothering you. The problem was is that due to the effects of the anti nausea meds, I wasn't able to get things "moving" so to speak so it just "sitting there" was making my physically ill. Anyway, once things started moving again (normally with help from MOM), I always felt much, much better.

I hope things will soon calm down for you and you'll begin to feel better. Just concentrate on healing and take things one step at a time. Keep us posted on how you're feeling and if you need to vent or needs some hugs, we're here for you.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2003, 09:57 AM
I'm getting Scared!

did your doctor not suggest a total hyst because you want children? I dont know why they would have put you through all that . Im curiose. also your boyfriend, does he really say that to you? because if he does, there is no love or friendship there, I know Im married to a man who often would say things like that.
and I wish sometimes I wouldnt have married him,
dont panic, our attitude twords things can definately control the outcome, Im living proof that being overly worried leads to emotional tiring which then cases a physical reaction ,yes we can make ourself sick.
you are normal to be in pain, and anxiety is miserable.I just hope you are a strong willed person, and boot your boyfriends attitude right out the door. tell me is he less that 35 years old? if so thats typical, hes not mature yet.
tammeo
Unread 01-13-2003, 04:39 AM
Thank you for all your responses....

I must say I feel much much better. I think, not only was I not feeling well, but I'm sooo used to being with other people, that I also was having cabin fever very very bad.

I went to my friends store on Saturday for a while, and when I started getting tired, they took me home. But... I had a blast, and actually forgot about all my "problems" I've been having. I had alot of FUN!!
I'm still having problem sleeping, it's 5:30 a.m. right now, and here I am... haha

Although, at least, when I do sleep, I sleep longer than an hour or two before waking up now. so that's waaay better.

I'm so glad you guys are here to help me, and to let me know that I AM NORMAL!!!! I also talked with my sisters and mom about my problems, and they all yelled at me about it also. They kept telling me.... HEEELLLOOOO! you DID have major surgery, and it WILL take some time to recover. So that made me feel better also.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, but I just wanted to let you guys know that you are the best!! and now I feel way better than before. I'm also going to call my dr. later today, and get a prescription for some sleeping meds.

I'll let you know, what type of chemo I will be receiving and when I will be starting. I'm anxious to hear your stories about this treatment.

I'm also hoping, that if I DO loose my hair, it will come back curly. Wouldn't that be great, I'm tire of my straight as a board hair!!! haha

Thanks again!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2003, 06:06 AM
I'm getting Scared!

Hi Tammy,

I am soo happy to hear that your feelings about everything are more upbeat now. Things can only get better from here on out. Take care.
Rosalie
Unread 01-13-2003, 10:59 AM
I'm getting Scared!

Quote:
I had alot of FUN!!
's, Tammy..........I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself!
Unread 01-13-2003, 07:06 PM
I'm getting Scared!

(((Tammy)))

I'm glad you had fun with your friends! You certainly sound better right now. But remember to keep getting plenty of rest--you're still recovering.

What a great attitude about your hair! I hope you don't lose it, but it sounds like you're already planning, just in case. Remember--the grass is always greener on the other side. You might be tired of straight hair, but sometimes (i understand) curly hair can be difficult to manage.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register