its official........... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

its official........... its official...........

Unread 01-14-2003, 11:42 AM
its official...........

i'm in cleaning mode!!!!!!
i have cleaned my entire house, washed everything in sight and took the blinds down, cleaned ceiling fans. then was fixing me a drink and spilled some on the counter and bent down to wipe it up and low and behold there was dirt all over my cabinets i missed somehow... so, i have spent the last few hours scrubbing the cabinets and walls!!!!!!!!! lol!!
then opened the frig and thought well... i could clean it a well .. cleaned out the frig, washed down the applinces and now im looking for things to do! thinking i might go next door and see if i can clean my neighbors house ...
well at least my house is clean.. but if hubby and the kids come home and don't recognise it or make a mess i might just lose my kool..
i'm usually a clean freak but i guess i'm edgy cause i have a large house and usually takes days to really clean it but i did it all today.. i guess getting up at the butt crack of dawn and getting started helps! thing is i've run out of things to do to occupy my mind. i've spent most of he day crying and cleaning and jst can't muster another tear.. so. i guess the garage is next!!!
i feel so out of control.. be sooo glad when this is over!
ya'll take care and have a great week (how i feel right now!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2003, 12:32 PM
its official...........

AngelWings, If you have that much energy then get your little behind up to Kentucky and come clean my house!! I still don't feel like doing much (almost 7 weeks Post Op) and am thinking of calling Merry Maids!! Best of luck to you and hope you feel as energetic after surgery as you do today.
Unread 01-14-2003, 02:20 PM
its official...........

And when you are done in KY, stop by PA

Actually, I do the same thing. Anything to take your mind off of what is coming. I am busy working 60 hours a week, bugging my kid's soccer coach about upcoming schedules, cleaning, doing laundry, eating ... you get the picture. Luckily I've found that I can waste hours on this web site and don't gain weight

Tami: definitely call Merry Maids. I had a cleaning lady in the past, and I always said that they may not do the same job as you would do, but whatever they do is better than the NOTHING that I was doing! I think some agencies will do a one time cleaning, so you don't have to get locked into a long term commitment.

Take care,
April
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2003, 05:49 AM
its official...........

I'm keeping myself busy too. Both with house cleaning and seeing friends & family. If I don't keep busy, I may go nuts! lol

I think it's better to keep busy then to dwell on what's about to happen. My surgery is Jan 20th - 5 more days. Argh..... The day before I'm getting together with my hubby, son, brothers, sister-in-laws and 9 nieces & nephews. Whew, they'll help keep my mind off of things! I'll just take a darvecet & ignore the pain. LOl

Anyhow, good luck & my house is very clean or else I'd invite you here too! lol

Michelle
Unread 01-15-2003, 10:31 AM
its official...........

Anglewings,
Ever been to Canada? I don't need any cleaning done as I've been going through the same cleaning frenzy as you, but I'll offer you a pot of peppermint tea and a comfy chair!

Next week I start shopping for a once a month cooking session. Are you much of a chef? I could use a prep cook who can chop onions, LOL!

Wishes for speedy and full recovery, you are in my ray:
Unread 01-15-2003, 12:16 PM
i love it....

nope never been to canada.. but woud love to go, thing is i'd prolly wanna stay and not get my surgery...lol..
i've bought run outta stuff to clean and am starting to slow down but i gotta keep going. my dh and mom are on me to SLOW down but i just can't seem to...
thanks for the well wishes and your prayers are greatly appreciated and welcomed...
Unread 01-15-2003, 02:00 PM
its official...........

Well there is always shopping since you've run out of things to clean. Bought new skippers (tazmanian devil) and a body pillow today.

Best of luck!

april
Unread 01-15-2003, 03:01 PM
ok........

hate to sound totally stupid but what are skippers???????
Unread 01-15-2003, 07:20 PM
its official...........

Thanks for the chuckle, Angelwings!
I've still got 2 weeks, but I can relate to all the cleaning and tying up those loose ends - my husband says I'm "nesting" again. I just know that once I'm out of the castle, I don't want to be looking at all those things that need to be done still...
Now, if I can only line up a quilting project or two I'll be set.

I'll be thinking of you next week!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register