Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning! Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning!

Unread 01-14-2003, 06:13 PM
Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning!

Like most new princesses, when I had my surgery in May, I bought some granny panties - you know the ones I mean - cotton, high waisted, two sizes too big. Well, they've been so comfortable that I just continued to wear them, even now 7 months later.

I've recently noticed, however, that they are no longer several sizes too big. They now actually fit!!!! Horror of horrors! My butt has expanded to fit the wretched things, much like how a goldfish, when placed in a larger bowl, will grow to fit its new environment!!

Ladies, beware and take my tragic tale (no pun intended) to heart!!! Don't wear your granny panties a moment longer than necessary or you too may find that one day your hiney has grown to fit its environment!!!

Sorrowfully yours,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2003, 07:12 PM

I'm sure glad I stored mine away as soon as I no longer needed them!
Unread 01-14-2003, 07:51 PM

Shashi -
While I truly share your pain, I have to say you also gave me a much needed laugh on a day (1 week post op) when I essentially hate everyone and everything (for no particular reason).

After all the swelly belly warnings I read here, I bought a *ton* of granny panties... and wore only 3 pair. I was back in my regular undies 4 days after surgery. But those grannies were comfy!

Thanks again for making me smile,
Babster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Guess I'm getting old!

Lisa, I started buying granny panties (Haynes briefs) about a year ago because I've gotten old I guess and I just can't stand those bikini panties anymore! Also gave up tight jeans about the same time. I'm 46 years old! I just find the briefs to be so much more comfortable under my clothes. BUT, I did not buy over size ones for my surgery. That would be too icky! ALSO, there are know pantie lines under my pants anymore! I love granny panties! Beth

TAH/BSO 11/25 Extensive endo/ Adhesions
Unread 01-14-2003, 10:35 PM

LMAO.... I'm 7 weeks post-op and was tempted to keep my granny panties but Vicky's had there semi annual sale and I couldn't resist. went in between..not granny but not bikini Gotta tell you gals they hide my swelly belly and give me encouragement.
Unread 01-14-2003, 10:50 PM
ROTFLMAO!

Oh my gosh! I know what you mean, but I do love those lovely large cotton panties! Oh baby give me comfort over style any day! I have bought some very pretty silky sexy panties for when I am all done healing because I never have to worry again about the oooopps stains!! So I plan on celebrating by opening all of my new under garments!!! I can't wait. I feel like I should have a sanitary napkin bonfire in the back yard too! (like the gals did with their bras in the '60's).
Unread 01-14-2003, 11:26 PM

I found some lovely microfiber undies that have smooth elastic and are in lovely colors...and are totally comfy, no "lines" anywhere.

They're by Jockey, and weren't terribly expensive. And they're VERY forgiving .

What I have to admit to is still wearing the control top panties, especially when I know I'm going to be on my feet all day. Before surgery, I NEVER needed control top panties: I've always been in pretty good shape. But, boy, NOW I do! :cry:

Hysteritaville for me, BEST, here I come!

Audrey
Unread 01-15-2003, 06:28 AM

I bought NO granny panties but did buy panties larger than I normally wore.
I knew I was going to have at least a 5" vertical incision. Bought hi cut legs, so
that I had a "at waist" waistband, but a more "youthful" look. I bought all
cotton and also some nylon ones w/ a nice wide lace band for comfort.

My incision wound up being 12" long and they constructed a new navel so that
a nice straight incision could be made. For about 1 week, no underwear was
really comfortable, but once the staples were out, the nylon ones w/ wide
waistband were great.

These look so good and are so comfortable, don't think I will ever go back to
buying my old styles. Even Victoria Secret carries this style in all most materials!

Cindi M
Unread 01-15-2003, 08:01 AM

Hey shirl,

Me too, I thru them away the day after I got home from the hospital, and wore my regular undies! Victoria Secret undies work great, they hit just below the belly button, it actually helped hold my tummy in!

lisak45
Unread 01-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the laugh!

Hi Lisa and ladies,

I have worn granny panties (the cotton kind) forever, but with the high cut legs. I wasn't planning on buying any larger for my surgery next week as I figure they have enough expansion room (I've lost almost 10 pounds with the pre-surgery stressors).

Anyway, I love these undies and will probably wear them 'till I die. Thanks for the warning! Do you think if we bought them a size too small we'd lose weight?!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register