Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning! Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning!

Unread 01-15-2003, 07:11 PM
I like your way of thining sandra64!!

If only it were that easy! I have a whole closet full of things smaller than me and so far it doesn’t' seem to be working!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning!

OK ladies. Don’t be mad at me but I went home from the hospital, wearing my thongs.
I actually find them to be more comfortable than regular panties and they are high on my abdomen and cover my incision nicely.

I always thought thongs were uncomfortable but I had a sales lady tell me to buy a few cheep pair and wear them for 9 days, if I still hated them, to go back to my regular panties. Well after 9 days, was I surprised! They are the most comfortable panties I’ve ever owned. They don’t slip around and I never have any panty lines. And now that I no longer will be having periods
I don’t need the other panties in my dresser for wearing pads!

Now if I could just stop wearing my sweat pants…..
Unread 01-15-2003, 09:39 PM
You go Girl!!

Hey Whatever works!! I tried wearing them once or twice, just couldn't get used to it!!

And the smaller clothes thing in the closet, at what age do you think we will stop doing that?

Good Luck!!

lisak45
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2003, 10:31 PM

then that isn't good news for me! when i had an emergency c-section 18 months ago, granny panties became my new best freind and like you, i liked them so much that i just kept wearing them! unfortunantly, i woke up one morning shortly before i made the decision to have my tah and realized i was beginning to fill them out too well! i have noticed since i had my tah (won't admit this to dh) that i have craved sweets and have been tearing the house apart looking for them at times. i am afraid to see what the scales will say when i see the doctor next week for my post op visit!

sharon
(bad princess)

tah - 1/06/03, chronic dysfunctional uterine bleeding and severe cramping
Unread 01-15-2003, 11:39 PM
wait a minute . . .

that CAN'T be right. Grow to fit your environment? Since my TAH/BSO 4 weeks ago I have been revelling in the glory of going au natural! So, by your calculations, I have endless possibilities for butt growth. AAAAAAAHHHHHH! where's my Hanes?!?

Cheryl
Unread 01-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Ladies your killin' me here!

I don't think I've laughed this hard in a very long time. I worried that I might get a stitch in my side!!! Ha! Or at least bust my gut laughing!

Sharon I'm with you on that craving sweet things! Did you read my post titled Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate! That explains my current status on the sweet thing.

Oh Lula! Thongs!? I just can't do it. My best friend lives in them. She wore them through her whole pregnancy (don't know which bugged me more). I have tried and tried I just feel like the video game "Space Invaders". I have even bought the really nice expensive cotton soft ones, still no luck. I do wear them to go tanning but when my time is up I just can't wait to get them off! Hats off to ya girl, cuz I sure can't do it!

Oh and lisak45 as for the clothes in the closet thing, I don't think we ever out grow that!! You might just say that we are still in the closet!! LOL! I think that I hang on to them just because they remain a glimmer of hope (a very small size 7 hope, yeah in my dreams!). I don't even know what size I wear now because I don't look at the tags and I rip them out so I don't have to see them, that way I can deny the fact that stares at me in the mirror every day. *sigh* I have lost 20 lbs. from the surgery though, from before and after but I highly doubt its going to be a continuing trend (especially if I don't get the sweet craving thing looked after).

Oh ladies thanks again for the laughs! I needed that. You know they are right laughter is the best medicine, even if I have to grab my belly to do it!!

s to all my hyster sisters!!
Unread 01-16-2003, 07:50 PM

hi rebecca!

interesting that you mention chocolate since that is what i crave the worst. i had dh go to the store today to get me some. i am avoiding my normal street clothes because i have a bad case of swelly belly and i am not sure my fat jeans even fit me right now!! good thing i have bib overalls...thank god someone had the sense to invent those!!

sharon

tah 1/06/03 - chronic dysfunctional uterine bleeding, severe cramping
Unread 01-16-2003, 08:14 PM

Lisa,
That is one of the best analogies that I have ever heard. I am a trainer and group instructor and with your permission will use it to get a laugh and make a point. I too bought a few bigger sizes and due to being a "good girl" and not over doing it I have put on about 6 lbs. since my surgery . I guess it's time to get back on the wagon or maybe buy a smaller bowl? Thanks for the chuckle. Patt
Unread 01-16-2003, 08:52 PM

I haven't been wearing underwear most of the time since my surgery, just sweat pants, all by themselves! I can't stand having that much to pull down everytime I have to go to the bathroom, which seems to be every half hour with all the water I have been drinking! I do have a coupld pair of Hanes cotton panties, though, that I have slipped on when needed. Believe it or not, they are left over from my c-sections, which were 12 & 13 years ago! That shows how much I wear cotton undies! I am actually addicted to thongs, myself. I, too, was very hesitant to even try them at first, but once I got used to them, they became the only thing I will wear (in my real life). As for the smaller sizes in the closet, I think I could open my own consigment shop with all of my different sizes! In all seriousness, I have clothes that range anywhere from a size 3 to a 16. I have definately been from one end of the scale to the other! At this point in time I am closer to the high end, but still not willing to give up my skinny clothes. You never know, I may need some denim ankle warmers one of these days, since that is about as far up as I can get those tiny little jeans!
Unread 01-16-2003, 09:22 PM
PANTY-OLAS !!!

I just got home from getting wonderful TWEENs they are hi-cut and pretty but they stretch!!! They are called.......... BALI StretchStripe Skamp!!!! I think they may be just the ticket!!! I hope you all find the panties of your dreams...I think I just did!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register