Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning! Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning!

Unread 01-16-2003, 10:37 PM
Hmmm? Panty shopping?

That may be just what the DR ordered! I think to reward myself for....Oh what the heck, I'm a princess!
I deserve new panties!! So I am going shopping tomorrow!!!

Thanks again girls for a good laugh!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2003, 06:58 AM
Never tried thongs but..........

presently I am not wearing any but I love the Hanes hi-cut ones, when my son was born I kept wearing my maternity undies and when he was three, I took a trip with a friend of mine and we were going dancing, as I was getting ready she looked over at me and said what are you wearing? Maternity underwear? Your kid is three. Well we laughed so hard, and yes I did grow back into them. She never lets me forget the undies story. I think I'll go shopping too and try the thongs, no need to worry anymore about leaks, stains or whatever. Thanks for the laughs gals!

Monica, TAH 12/13/02 for cervical dysplasia, anemia, fibroids, and non-stop bleeding!
Unread 01-17-2003, 07:21 AM
Goldfish and Granny Panties - A Warning!

Pat, feel free to use the goldfish analogy if it will help to warn others to avoid my tragic fate!

Hmmm, maybe I'll try some panties that are too small and see if this will work in reverse. Alas, I don't think you can squeeze a goldfish to a smaller size once he's grown too big. But it won't hurt to try!!!

Personally, my favorite all time panties are called Love Pats. Feels like you're not wearing anything, especially if you buy them a size or two larger - which is what led to this whole problem to start with.

**sigh**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2003, 07:55 PM
LISA!!!!

The Granny Panties are hysterical!!!

Did you read the post I put in pre-op yesterday about what happened to me when I went to buy mine yesterday????? I'm not sure how to put the link in here, but it's under post op & it's titled "You guys aren't going to believe this....." I was so aggrivated when I was done shopping, but I've been able to laugh about it today!!!

If only, only we could reverse time & figures by the sizes we hang on to in our closets!!!! I would look wonderful for 43!!!! As it is, I've joked that I'm going to start telling people I'm actually 53, so they'll think I look good for my age!!!
Unread 06-29-2003, 11:03 PM
You Gals are Too Funny

Hey Sisters,

Well I was able to still wear my HI-Cut panties when I go out somewhere most of the time I try not to wear panites at all. They feel constricting...(LOL) But my finacee' has bought me bikinis and thongs I tried the bikinis after surgery not thongs yet.

I thought I was the only one that called my panties GRANNY Panties...(LMAO) And I think my granny panties are comfortable the Fiancee' Says YUCK all the time.

About the chocolate cravings am only 2 week post op and I wanted chocolate.....Fiancee' went to the store for me because I was crying and moody brought back about 4 candy bars to make me happy...LOL I now have had my chocolate fix and heading to bed. Good Night Sister's and God Bless

Huggs
Bridgett
Unread 06-30-2003, 03:46 AM

Thanks for bringing this link "back". I haven't seen it until now.
Lots of good laughs!

I wear grannie panties (cotton). The are more comfortable to me. However, now that I have read the previous links, it makes sense as to why they are more comfy... because my bikini undies somehow "shrunk". What I need to do then, is wear the bikini ones anyway--- to remind myself to suck in my gut and lose some weight.

Thongs---never tried them. Personally, I would rather see an underware line from grannies than an underware line from thongs.
Unread 06-30-2003, 04:54 AM
thanks shashi

thanks shashi and all the rest of you ladies best laugh i've had for a while. I too bought some big briefs but am back to my thongs and finding them a lot more comfortable, still got swelly belly but only 3 weeks post op feeling good today, fingers crossed even managed a little walk to the shops done me the power of good to get out. I agree laughter is a great tonic you have all put a smile on my face. Welshy

FAH due to large fibroid, cysts on ovaries also bladder repair.
Unread 06-30-2003, 06:34 AM
Favorite panties

I used to be comfortable in my granny panties and yes, I expanded to fill the gap. However, after having TAHBSO for large cystadenoma 12X8X6 inches and having a huge abdominal scar I was told by a relative that had had C-section to buy support undies by Vassarette. They were the most comfortable things I have ever worn. After follow up visit though was told to not wear at night because part of my scar hasn't healed all the way through. I did end up losing 20 to 25 lbs. between nerves and the loss of the cyst. Hope I can keep it off, I only have 45 lbs. to get where I wanna be. I hope I will be able to go to Victoria's some day after this whole thing is healed and treat myself to some fancy pants.
Unread 06-30-2003, 12:03 PM
Victoria's Secret - a girls best friend

Hey Girls,

I don't think I've laughed so hard since I had the surgery. Yes, I too bought the granny panties, after living in Vicki's "finest" for the last 4-5 years. Yesterday, I wore my 1st pair of Vicki's (thong) with a pair of unlined pants for church, and they felt wonderful. I'm 12 days post op, and oddly enough, they gave me more support in the front (horizontal bikini incision) than the granny panties. I'll be sure to continue wearing "the good stuff" as much as possible as incentive. DBF sure liked it, he's been teasing me horribly about the "g.p's" since coming home from the hospital - although he does like the "commando" idea, but the Vicki's definitely got his attention......lol (nice to know he can be "affected").
Unread 06-30-2003, 02:17 PM

okay ladies,,, here I sit 4 days Post op reading about panties, goldfish bowls and butts,,,,, Give a girl a break will you. I am holding my incision with tears running down my face,, laughter or pain????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register