Sore Boobs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-14-2003, 08:49 PM
Sore Boobs

I had a vaginal hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. Got to keep one ovary. The other one has been long gone (tubal pregnancy). Yesterday my boobs were super sore. Today they are still sore, but not as much. Never had tender breasts during my periods so this is kind of new for me. Is this normal after a hysterectomy if you still have an ovary and some hormones floating around. I haven't had any hot flashes, not before of after the hysterectomy. And my moods are still fine and steady so I know my ovary didn't go into shock. Will this happen monthly during the time I "would have" had a period. Does my ovary still function completely? My only other complaint are dizziness/an off balance feeling, like I'm on a boat, and constipation. I thought I was over the constipation, but yuck, it's back again. Drank some prune juice yesterday and twice today. Not much luck. Just took a small dose of Milk of Magnesia. Read about these remedies on this site. Thanks for the advice ladies. What about the boobs being sore? Anybody else out there having this problem? Dorothy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Sore Boobs

Hi Dorothy,

I'm sorry about your sore boobs! I was not able to keep either of my ovaries, so I do not know if this is something that will cycle each month or not.

I just wanted to pop in and give s and hope that all begins to balance out and improve for you very soon!
Unread 01-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Sore Boobs

I have VERY sore boobs about 2 weeks after my TVH! It was worse than when I was pregnant.I attributed it to ovulation.

Weird.

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Sore Boobs

Don't fret over the sore boobs, I'm almost 6 weeks post op and still experiencing the same thing! I've only had about 5 days without the pain. Kept my ovaries so I would imagine that it's a sign they are working. Have my appt. next week with dr, will ask then if this is normal. Relax and have a speedy recovery, it does get better even though now you think it'll never happen, it does! Take care. Bertha J.
Unread 01-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Sore Boobs

I had TVH and kept my ovaries also. I noticed that just a few weeks after my surgery my breasts were becoming horribly sore and tender and my nipples were also. It hurt to let water run on them in a shower or to wear a bra. So I figured it was my ovaries waking up. It lasted for like two to three weeks a month and was worse than before my periods began. I was started on progesterone cream, otc for now, about a month and half ago and I have not had the breast pain since then. I was told I had the estrogen overload and that's what was causing it. You may want to talk to your Dr. and see what he/she has to say about it.
Unread 01-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Just started for me yesterday

I just love this site... every week is it something new with recovery...

My husband just put his hand on my boob in the kitchen.. you know a little hug,.. and I hit the roof... I have NEVER had sore boobs... not when I was pregnant, or before periods or anything.. I have my appt tomorrow and this will be a question of mine.

I had a LAVH kept 1 ovary on 12-30-02...

Angee
Unread 01-15-2003, 03:05 PM
sore boobs

Mine too! but mine were always sore before so it's nothing new. So glad I don't have to have period with those sore boobs. I just want my stomach to deflate. It has been four weeks and I still can't wear all my pants and when I do, I look like I have a basketball in there.
Unread 01-16-2003, 02:10 PM
Sore Boobs

I'm 6 weeks post-op and also have sore boobs! They really started hurting this week and I am wondering if it's PMS or my ovaries are waking up. I'm not sure. Next week I have to go in for my annual mammogram -- OUCH! Hopefully the pain will be gone by then.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register