Sooooo depressed! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sooooo depressed! Sooooo depressed!

Unread 01-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Sooooo depressed!

Well I am 4 weeks post-op and am so depressed it's scary. Saw the Dr. Monday and he prescribed some hormones to help with the depression. He says the ovaries stop working for a while after surgery but they will wake up and start producing hormones again? I sure hope that does the trick cause I can not live like this for a long time.
I also have had a very nasty yeast infection, has anyone else had this problem?
To top everything off my boss called yesterday and told me he had to lay me off! Isn't that illegal? I am out on disability with a doctors note!
Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

take care,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2003, 08:19 PM
depression

Talk to your dr about an antidepressant-I'm on Paxil cr for panic attacks but it also helps with my depression.

s and more s to you Susan Lockard
Unread 01-15-2003, 09:23 PM
Hang in there!

Hi sister! What an absolutely awful thing your boss did! I just wanted to stop by and give you a As far as the yeast infection, it probably won't help now, but if you have to take more anitbiotics, try taking acidophelus 3 times daily. It's worked really well for me, and I've heard others report great success as well. Anyway, hope tomorrow is a better day for you hon.
blessings,
catherine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Sooooo depressed!

I am 4 wks. post op and have been having a difficult time keeping my spirits up the last week or so :cry: I was going to call my today but was to tired, guess I'd better get on it right away. It makes sense that the ovaries would shut down for a bit, since everthing else does as well. Any time my dr. gives me any type of antibiotic I take the acidipholus. It really does work, my mom always had me eat a ton of yougurt as a kid, this is a much easier and quicker method : If I was you I'd call my human resources dept on your:dragon: boss. You are protected go getem' girl!!! take care and heal well

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register