Pain has changed? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain has changed? Pain has changed?

Unread 01-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Pain has changed?

well my groin pain has turned into a hot sharp stabbing pain that has moved up to above my incision now......I honestly can't remember if this is the same spot as before this surgery or not, all I know is it makes me catch my breath, turn all red and want to cry :cry:

I just can't believe this is happening again....and I"m not giving up hope.....hopefully it's just something weird but it does seem to be progressing and today is so bad I just want to go home

If anyone else has had this after their adhesion removal let me know and as always thanks for listening and just being there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2003, 02:16 PM
Pain has changed?

Awwww Gidge honey...

I'm so sorry your feeling this way...wish I could jump thru and give a real

I have a really dumb question...Did you have an ovary removed this time?

more Honey....

Dawn
Unread 01-16-2003, 02:31 PM
Pain has changed?

Nope, ovaries were out at hyst......they removed bowel adhesions on both sides (both sides were stuck down) and another area around my bladder.......biopsied some areas, looked and looked for a hernia (cause he was sure I had one) and never found one.......and put the intergel in.

this is the first pain that has me scared to death since then, there has been pain but nothing like this, I've taken my first pain pill at work since Sept 21 and am not happy about it at all.......I could use a few prayers if anyone is feeling up to it......I don't want to go back to the way things were!!! :cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Pain has changed?

I'm so sorry Gidge....

I'm blaming the fog I still have for not remembering about the ovary. Do you think at all it could be the hernia that he missed? Maybe femoral one hidden behind an adhesion? It's a thought...

I sure hate to see you in pain again sweetie...

more

Dawn
Unread 01-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Pain has changed?

I don't know this seemed sorta high up....say just above my hip bone? I don't know what it is but I want it gone.......thanks for being there I needed an ear bigtime!!
Unread 01-16-2003, 05:35 PM
I'm praying for you ((((Gidge))))

I have the too....Have you ever seen a Neurologist??? If not, perhaps it is time. I'm wondering if there is some nerve damage involved here.

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain

Sending you soothing S
Unread 01-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Pain has changed?

thanks Jude

No haven't seen neurologist......my GP prescribed some neurontin for it before this last surgery to find out if it was nerve related and it didn't help and I didn't tolerate it well.........I just don't know if it felt like a nerve "thing" .....it sorta felt like something twisted and then slowly let go, that's how I would describe the pain.........I took another pain pill last night when I got home and today it's back to the groin pain I've been having for about a week.......hope to see the GP tomorrow
Unread 01-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Pain has changed?

Gidge,

Hope you get to feeling better soon, sweetie. Make sure to let your doc know about this pain increase you are experiencing.

I have the same twisting/pulling sensation LRQ and am headed back to the OR on 24 Jan for DX lap and possible LSO (RSO done in 2001). My GYN suspects adhesion(s); this wouldn't be the first time for me having lysis of adhesion done. This would make round #2. Ya know.. I have read so many articles, etc that state some docs actually believe that adhesions do not cause pain... HA! Let them be in our shoes! Heck yes they cause pain; bad enough for me to be on 7.5 mg Percocet 3 times a day. Adhesion pain is real. I know you just had lysis done, but ya think it could be possible that you have another adhesion back so soon or that something was missed?

Hope you get some answers soon. Keep us posted.

Amy
Unread 01-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Pain has changed?

Hi Amy thanks for your reply

Yes I guess it's possible it's an adhesion returned.......although I can't imagine why it would take 3mths but then again why not, I don't pretend to understand this stuff anymore!!! Absolutely 100% an adhesion can cause pain, just depends on where it is I think!

Best of luck to you with your procedure....I have experienced relief from pain that has not returned so there is that to be thankful for!!!
Unread 01-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Pain has changed?

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Gidge}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

You are in my thoughts & ers always!

Patty,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register