Pain has changed? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain has changed? Pain has changed?

Unread 01-18-2003, 09:46 PM
Pain has changed?

thanks Patty

I saw my GP this .am and he says no more situps.....possibly forever, he says I may have a weak spot from the two open procedures that just won't take it, or it could be scar tissue either way he said stop........I told him that it's been happening even since I stopped the situps and he said to try and keep cool that I could still be healing and we'll just keep an eye on it........and gave me a refill on my pain meds.....I told him how this was effecting me emotionally (am I fixed or not darn it?) and he said that was natural after everything I"d been through and that unti we get another 3-4mths down the road we really won't be able to tell........

As far as my bladder goes he thinks the anthistamines the allergist prescribed could be making it worse so I have to stop them for a week or so and see if it helps, once again I pointed out that it was still flippin out before that just not as bad......and he said he knew that and figured it was still from the laparotomy......and to keep on with the ditropin plus we did a urine culture for the lab (weird my urine was almost orange??)

so it's a wait and see, I asked how I was supposed to get rid of my swelly belly with no situps and he told me that "spot training" doesn't work anyways?? So much for that $50 Pilates program I bought before xmas it's all "core training/based".......

that's the update, thanks for listening girls.........I don't know that I feel any better but what can you do??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Pain has changed?

((((Gidge))))) I'm so sorry you're in pain again Hopefully, refraining from doing the sit-ups will do it and it's all part of healing... sure am keeping my fingers crossed for you, sweetie

Regarding the Pilates sessions you invested in, it might be possible to mention your issues to the instructor and find something that adapts to your situation. You never know and it might be worth a try

Sending tons and tons of your way.
Unread 01-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Haven't had time to post much but......

Gidge, I'm soooo sorry you are dealing with this again. But as far as it possibly being adhesions....being the adhesion queen I am I would say for SURE it's possible. I had a lapararoscopic done 12/01 for adhesions, then the SAH 2/02 then just 6 weeks post op KNEW I had a problem...waited a liitle bit to recover had another lap. and was loaded with adhesions again (had to take left ovary as it was shot from being bound to the bowel and pelvic sidewall). I will pray for you...for me it's no more surgery...just pain management unless I get a bowel obstruction. No Dr. wants to touch me otherwise as they all feel I will only get worse(no thanks, it's bad enough!). But, though I felt like it was not something I could do, it has saved me... I can do things again....feel like living again (believe it or not....at times I could have cared less if I did except for my two little ones) and I have decided not to let pain rule me...I will rule it. So, no matter what happens...you are so strong, you will be o.k. and I'd be happy to help you through in any way possible....Love to ya, Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2003, 09:27 AM
Pain has changed?

thanks so much for your replies Kathy and Dany

I am just so discouraged ....I had all these hopes for the brand new me....and instead here I am dealing with pain again......what my GP said doesn't add up in some ways, I haven't done any situps since before xmas and the pain continues.....and if it's healing pain why didn't I have it a month ago?

I'm finding myself very emotional about this, I guess I just thought it was over and apparently its not......and I don't know who to talk to about that because my friends don't seem to get it (before this surgery or now)........I guess I"m just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best........and take my pain pills when needed although I never thought it would come to that again

As far as the Pilates it was a home program I bought.....and it's all based on your core (abdominals) so it will pretty much be useless I"m going to try and return it.......

this all feels like giving up to me, but I did tell myself if this surgery didn't end up working that's what I would do.....
Unread 01-20-2003, 09:59 AM
Pain has changed?

Awwww Gidge..

I'm so sorry your feeling like this and I sure wish there was more I could do...

Please don't think of giving up...I know it's so hard not to sweetie, and it is so much easier sometimes. But I know your stronger than that and you will come out fighting as you have in the past. You don't deserve to live in pain anymore than the rest of us and someone somewhere will help you. You have to believe that.

I know I'm not giving up for you!!!! We'll be here for you holding your hand whenever ya need it...

lots of love and a few more

Dawn
Unread 01-20-2003, 11:18 AM
Yes ((((Gidge)))) We are here for you....

I understand how you are feeling. After each surgery, I was sure that the Endo monster would be gone for good. I tried to stay positive, but the pain always returned so quickly (and in fact never really went away). I guess that's because there is a lot more then Endo going on with me.

Sorry to ramble away here my dear. I'm just trying to say that it is hard to keep plugging away. There are times when I just want to give up...and I do for a while Just remember that we are here for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

S
Unread 01-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Pain has changed?

Have you considered consulting a psychiatrist? You said you "don't know who to talk to" so maybe this is worth a shot. Healing your emotional self can better equip you to handle the physical pain. My MIL was dealing with chronic pain issues, surgeries, depression, etc. and we finally convinced her to see a psychiatrist. I am happy to report that she is a much happier person now and she is much better at handling her medical issues. As a matter-of-fact, many of her maladies have dissapeared! She's even working part-time!
I truly think this is something that could help you, Gidge, and I hope you'll consider it.
MB5
TAH 8-16-00
Vaginal cuff repair & adhesion removal 8-29-01
Unread 01-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Pain has changed?

thanks Jude and Dawn

Your hugs and kind words really help right now......I guess I was just so sure it was over.......I just have to figure out where to go from here and I just thought that was going to be.......losing weight, exercising and doing all those things I couldn't do before......

I just have to rearrange my thinkin' right? Thanks so much for being there and just listening......it means the world!!!
Unread 01-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Pain has changed?

Ok well as we speak that pain that happened last week is starting again and I thought I would describe it while it's occuring so if anyone else has had it they might know?

It has started with a tightness in my tummy around my belly button and across to the right and then it turns into this strange twisting pain on the right hand side, I don't know if this is my bowel or what.....it hurts to touch my tummy or bend over or sit certain ways right now......and I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary?

let me know if this sounds familiar to anyone, thanks girls !!
Unread 01-21-2003, 02:54 AM
Pain has changed?

Hey gidge sweetie....

Has anyone checked your Gallbladder lately???? Do you still have it? it almost sounds like a gallbladder attack...

I'm wracking my brain babe!!!!!!

it's a thought and might be worth looking into ya know. My GF just had to have her gallbladder taken not that long ago and the symptoms you decribe sound similar to hers...I'll have to ask her more later on today when she gets home from work and see if she can tell me how she felt in a little more detail.

Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register