Pain has changed? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain has changed? Pain has changed?

Unread 01-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Pain has changed?

Thanks Dawn

By late yesterday afternoon my tummy was distended and it hurt on both sides just like before the surgery.....so I guess it's my bowel......and then when I was on the bus on the way home I started having the pulling/stabbing pains vaginally on the left side that I had prior to the adhesion removal...............:cry:

Sorta feels like as something passes through the area it pulls on it or something.......this morning is slightly better but still have pain on both sides.......tummy has gone down abit..... I honestly don't know what any of this means but it is freakin me out, so if anyone is out there today and they have a clue let me know!!

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2003, 09:34 AM
Pain has changed?

Just a wee update in case any of you are out there........you are out there aren't ya? Haven't heard a peep from some of my good sister friends.........??

Pain is still there although not as severe as Monday......still don't know what to make of it and would be interested to know if anyone else is having this same type of pain...........for now I'm just pluggin along!!! 's!
Unread 01-22-2003, 11:31 AM
Gidge...

I'm sure no doctor, but based on your past experience...
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...?threadid=5531

Maybe your IC is flaring up? I mean, you've been having problems with your bladder and you already know you have IC, so maybe that's causing the pain? Is there medication other than what you're taking available for these attacks?

Also, I remember you said you were diagnosed with IBS before your hyst., maybe it's flaring up? I've said before, when my IBS gets really bad, it feels just like adhesions (per descriptions I've read here and at the IAS site), the burning, tugging and pulling. I even had a pelvic ultrasound recently because all of my symptoms mirrored a gallbladder gone bad. But it's fine! Doctor explained that IBS can cause so many different pains and symptoms. If I'm
being a 'good girl,' I religiously down some Metamucil every nite...(supposed to do it 4x a day) whether or not I'm having symptoms. Maybe try Metamucil?

Just some possibilities...don't want you freaking out about adhesions when it could be something not related to those evil creatures.

Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2003, 11:40 AM
Pain has changed?

Wow Sheila, that is one old post you dug up there......that's when I was first posthyst.....where on earth did you ever find it and who knew you could do that???

It's not my bladder, it is hurting but is a completley different area.......and am pretty familiar with it by now...

..as far as the IBS dx.......well I don't' know that's what it was, I did have some bowel "crankieness" prehyst but it was mostly with my periods and I would be inclined to think that was endo but who knows.....the pain I'm having now is not accompanied by any diarehea or constipation either, and does feel alot like the adhesion pain I've had previously so that is why I'm thinking along those lines......

I guess only time will tell!!
Unread 01-22-2003, 11:48 AM
Pain has changed?

Bwahaha...I have my ways of finding things! Actually, you can just do a search, cuz I remember you describing this pain from way back and just went hunting.

As for not having the dia. (can never spell that) or constipation, you don't have to have either to have pain (gee, enough "haves" in that sentence?!) I feel jabs of pain daily from it because my colon is extremely spastic.

I sure hope it's not adhesion pain but, maybe, like you said, time will tell. Maybe you need some more healing time...fingers crossed for you....
Unread 01-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Pain has changed?

I have heard my GP say before that he thought my colon might be spastic so maybe that's what's going on.......part of me just wants to play turtle and pretend it's not happening again ya know? Thanks for the input though!!!!
Unread 01-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Pain has changed?

But, hey, IBS could be a GOOD thing, in a way. You can follow the dietary recommendations and have SOME control over it. It won't go away, and you can have flareups like Dany is having right now, but you can take control and possibly get your life back. So don't rule it out if following a sensible anti-IBS diet might give you extensive relief.
Unread 01-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Pain has changed?

Oh I wouldn't dare rule anything out at this point....its just that food doesn't seem to effect it......it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, it just decides to happen!!
Unread 01-22-2003, 12:19 PM
Pain has changed?

and the other thing that is similiar to prior to this last adhesion removal and has been gone up to this week is that left sided vaginal pain that feels like something is pushing and pulliing and poking (particularly when I"m sitting).....it was gone and has now returned as well (just thought of that so figured I'd add it in here for the complete picture)
Unread 01-23-2003, 06:30 AM
Pain has changed?

{{{{Gidge}}}}
I'm sorry I'm late coming around to lend you some support. It's been one of those weeks.

I'm so sorry that the pain is rearing its ugly head again. It could be soooo many things. I guess we're hard nuts to crack. As much as my pain stays the same it also changes. As you know the doc say nerve damage, but I don't think that's the cause of all my old problems nor the new ones. It would be nice to know the whole story wouldn't it?

Hang in there sweetie I do wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom to tell you. Just know that we're here for you, you're not alone in your pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register