water retention &weight gain after chemo?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

water retention &weight gain after chemo?? water retention &weight gain after chemo??

Unread 01-17-2003, 05:15 PM
water retention &weight gain after chemo??

Maybe i am getting a little paranoid because at this time, last year, i was not feeling too well and did not actually know what was wrong.
Anyway, as you all know, i finished chemo in september and around the end of October noticed that one of my ankles is a little puffy. At my oncologist visit in November, she told me that sometimes this happens after chemo and to keep a watch. I see her again in February.
About 3 weeks ago I went to my regular doctor for something unrelated but did show him my ankle. He changed my blood pressure medicine. He said that sometimes, no matter how long you have been the medicine, one of the side effects could be swollen ankles.
Well i go back to him tomorrow for a pressure check and he wants to do blood work. (everyone seems to want to take my blood and I hate it). VAMPIRES!!!
MY ankle is still puffy and i have noticed that even though my clothes fit, the scale is going up.
Anyone on any good diet pills to ask for???
Oh well, guess I will find out tomorrow what the story is.. Just wanted to see if anyone had a similiar situation.
Thanks for listening.
Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2003, 05:32 PM
I Haven't Had That

They do look at my ankles/legs a lot but I've never had swelling. Clothes fit although the scale went up over the holidays abuot 5 pounds... So I guess I should do something about that. I hadn't heard of this--interesting. I wonder if you have some lymphedema? Ellen
Unread 01-17-2003, 06:26 PM
water retention &weight gain after chemo??

s Rosalie

Ellen raised a good point with the lymphedema. We always think of this with breast cancer patients, put it can occur with radical pelvic surgery and lymph gland removal as well.
I gained weight during chemo and have continued to gain over the past 16 months since I completed chemo. I just this month decided enough!!! And I am trying to eat in a more healthy way.
I really wouldn't recommend diet pills for a cancer survivor.
Check out the weight watcher point system.

karenann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register