Wednesday's Child - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wednesday's Child Wednesday's Child

Unread 01-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Thank you all

I AM overwhelmed, speechless. A million thoughts going through my head, a million emotions swallowing me up till I can't seem to express any of it. It's all a muddle. But I am SO glad that I found this site and have all of you to lean on and listen to!!! My gratitude is tenfold to you all.

Tomorrow at 11 I go see my doctor who will tell me the good the bad and the ugly. He requested that I bring my whole family with me, parents, siblings, kids. Is that a normal thing or should that request make me expect the worst?

He told me while I was in the hospital that he was refering me to an onc, but whether or not it's a gyn/onc I don't know yet. I just keep thinking about all those horrible cancer treatments and having a second surgery to remove my ovaries! Have any other ladies here had surgury to remove only the uterus then have to have their ovaries removed soon after? Do they reopen the incision or cut somewhere else? Oh this is agony!

I am terrified!

Noelle
(I am in Hemet Ca., does anyone live nearby?)

P.S. Doc said my cervi was three times as thick as it should have been but from the outside looked perfectly normal, pink & smooth, but inside was the cancer. He said the cancer cells were also on the tip of my uterus. I'm assuming it spread from the cervix to my uterus. ??? I'll find out tomorrow. Ug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2003, 04:27 PM
Wednesday's Child

(((Noelle)))

I'm glad your dr plans to refer you to an Oncologist. As far as having you bring the family....maybe it's a normal procedure for him so that everyone will be on the same page. It sounds like a good idea to me.....you'll have other "ears" there. Sometimes I'd be so nervous that I would forget what the dr said by the time I got home.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and will keep you in my prayers. Let us know how it goes.

's
Unread 01-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Wednesday's Child

The word cancer is very scarey especially the first few days. This is a wonderful group of supportive women who understand your fears. We have all been afraid at some point. Hang in there. We are with you.

You are in my prayers.

Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Wednesday's Child

s Noelle

It will be great to have a full support team with you. My first visit with the onc after being diagnosed with ovarian cancer consisted of hubby, two sisters, and one son. And this was perfectly acceptable. Like we said, more ears can help you remember the details.
If you need more surgery please request that a gyn oncologist do it. A medical onc can treat you afterward, but for now get the gyn onc surgeon.
We are all with you tomorrow in spirit and will be waiting to hear how it goes.
Expect to feel numb tomorrow, and just allow your body to go through the motion of this doctor visit. Tomorrow will be your first lesson in courage: Doing what we have to do inspite of great fear.

karenann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register