path report from vaginectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

path report from vaginectomy path report from vaginectomy

Unread 01-21-2003, 05:54 PM
path report from vaginectomy

Well, got the path back yesterday. I should be used to it by now. They didn't get it all. No clear margins. Cancer cells. The doctor was really sure he got it this time,bla, bla, bla. Same old, same old.
Had to go there today so they could check out the arm that they messed up with the IV. Nurse at the hospital put some kind of meds in it for vomiting and it burned the vein from the hand to up over the elbow. That feels lovely. Should be healed up in a couple of weeks.
I go next monday to find out for sure what the doctor wants to do, but his assistant said it will be radiation next and told me to get a list of questions ready about it. At least she thinks I should be able to have it done at the local hospital. It shocked me a little when she told me they sometimes do chemo with the radiation to boost it. From everything I've read, it said that chemo wasn't effective with vaginal so that was a surprise that I didn't need.
Oh well, here we go again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2003, 06:12 PM

s Pam

I am so sorry it did not work out like you had hoped. You have been through so much already!
Somehow you will pick yourself up and continue with the other options. You already know you are a fighter.
Please let us know how the appt. goes.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

karenann
Unread 01-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Keep Fighting!

I know this is a major disappointment for you. Hopefully women on this board who've had radiation can give you some sites to check, some questions to ask, some reassurance. Hopefully the radiation will blast the rest of any cancer cells hiding in there.
Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2003, 06:52 PM

(((Pam)))

I'm so sorry that you got bad news! I was so hoping that this would take care of it for you.

As far as the chemo, well, there have been some studies that show that adding cisplatin along with the radiation has better long-term results. Now, those studies were done on cervical cancer patients, but I'm guessing that since yours is an extension of your cervical dysplasia that has now turned cancerous, that they consider it worthwhile for you. It essentially makes the cancer cells more vulnerable to the radiation so that they die off easier.

There are several women who have been through radiation, so if you do a search, you should turn up some good threads on it. If you need help locating some good threads, let me know and I'll be happy to help!

I'll be keeping you in my 'ers, Pam. Take care of yourself. Remember to eat well, get plenty of sleep, drink lots of fluids. You want to be in tip top shape when you start your treatments.

Unread 01-22-2003, 01:01 PM

Pam,

I'm sorry that you got even more bad news. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

's
Unread 01-22-2003, 01:02 PM

Thank you ladies for the support, it means a lot to me.
I called my Gyn and told him what was going on yesterday. He reassured me that the onc was doing his job and offered to help in anyway he could. Asked me if I needed anti-depressants, told him no, not yet, then he asked if I needed booze. Duh, he knows me so well!
Jeanine, as usual, you are a wealth of info. Keep it up, everyone needs you. (Hoosier girls rock!) It helped me research in the right direction and get my list of ?'s ready for next week.
Will give an update next week.
Thanks again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register