A Blessing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-22-2003, 11:48 AM
A Blessing

"A blessing," that's what my doctor called my surgery. "Someone up there is watching out for you." I was told I had cervial cancer two days after my surgery (Jan 15th) though my pap tests came out clear. It was an internal growth cancer and doc said it would not have shown on a pap until it was far along & then I would have been in serious trouble, but because I had the surgery performed NOW, it was caught in the first stages. Whew!

I am soon to face radiation which scares the bjeezis outa me, but I will press on. I would really like to hear from ladies who have been through radiation therapy, I need to know from real people & not just cancer sites, what I am in for.

I guess that is the biggest & most important news. Though I am frightened and in dread of the treatments, I am relieved that it was caught in time.

Thank you God for watching out for me.

Noelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2003, 12:58 PM
A Blessing

Hi Noelle,

I want to join you in thanking God for watching over you. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. I haven't had radiation but I know others will come along and share their experiences.

's
Unread 01-22-2003, 04:16 PM
Cervical cancer, chemo, & radiation

I had my surgery 9/12/02, for possible ovarian cancer, due to enlarged ovaries(or cysts), amoung other things and an elevated CA-125. Woke up from surgery, and doc (gyn-onc) said that the ovaries were clear( no cancer). Well, that following monday, the doc called my home, and told me that I had endocervical adenocarcinoma. My heart sank, well, to make a long story short I ended up going thru 6weeks of cisplatin, 25 radiation tx, two boosters, and one internal radiation implant. The radiation itself was not too bad, some diarrhea, (well more than some, but controled with lomotial) and some bladder irratiation. I finished the regular and boosters before Christmas, and felt great for the holidays, tho I drove most of an 8hr trip home and got ill. I guess it was just too much too soon. The worst part of the radiation was the sizing of the field (1HR flat on back). I wish you well and if you want feel free to email me at [email protected]. I am sending you 's and ers your way.

Love & Blessings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2003, 12:14 PM
A Blessing

{{Noelle}},
Early detection whether by accident or planned tests is the key to successful treatment.

Doctors found kidney cancer in my Dad during an xray for something else. Doctor told him by the time he had any symptoms it would have been to late. Luck is a great partner!!

I haven't had radiation treatment, but I'm sure you'll do great. Afterall, you have luck on your side as well as a bunch of hystersisters.
s,
Laura
Unread 01-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Not to worry Noelle

I had radiation mon-fri for six weeks, then the internal implant for three days a week later. It wasn't bad at all. I agree with the other post the sizing of the field is the worst, although mine didn't last an hour. I had radiation on all four sides, the front, back, and each side. It doesn't hurt, or uncomfortable, you just have to lie still. The side effects didn't start affecting me until about three weeks into the radiation. I was alittle fatigued, and diarirha, which immodium took care of. Just eat right, take it easy, and you'll do just fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register