putting on the pounds | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

putting on the pounds putting on the pounds

Unread 01-22-2003, 07:46 PM
putting on the pounds

I had my surgery 1-17-02, I am now 33. I take premerin. I was wondering if anyone on HTR has put on pounds? I have gained about 20 pounds in the last year. I was at the DR. the other day and the nurse was telling me that she gained alot while she was taking the HRT and as soon as she quit she was able to loose.
I have been thinking about quit taking the premerin But I do not know what to expect and what the risk are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2003, 08:12 PM
putting on the pounds

I had my TVH on Sept. 9, 1999. I am 38. I actually lost weight after my surgery, but in the last 13 months I have gained 15 pounds. I am taking the premarin, every other day. I have tried different things, not taking it at all, taking it every day, every two days, etc. I'm not really sure what to do.

When I quit taking it, I seemed to be depressed, but it could have been the winter blahs.

I'm also worried about the risks of breast cancer. My mother has had breast cancer, and so has my grandmother and aunt. The nurse said the risks of heart disease and bone loss would be greater than getting breast cancer. I don't know about that. I think my chances are pretty high right now.

What are your thoughts?
Unread 01-23-2003, 09:01 AM
putting on the pounds

ladies, please do some heavy duty reading on this site. there are many alternatives to premarin and different combo of hrt will make you gain weight. check out the pull down articles, especially too much/too little estrogen, at www.hormonejungle.com also the fyi posts at the top of this page. i know you want to get htis under control before it gets too out of hand and unhealthy. and post here with any more of your questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Weight Gain

Hi all,

Well I am so glad I started coming here. Some ladies know me from the chat room and know that I've been battling my weight. Six years ago today I started a diet and after 14 months I lost 103 lbs. I pretty much kept it under control for about 2 years. I always assume if I gain weight it must be my fault. Well since I've been on hormones I've gained 40 lbs. That would be about 4 years ago. I am so relieved to find out that maybe it's not always me.

I just got on the the Climara patch yesterday. Today I am so hungry, could it be that? Maybe it's the Sarafem? God I hope I don't stay this hungry. Maybe it's the frigid weather here in Jersey.

Well only one other thing. This morning I looked down at that patch. Amazing how thin the thing is, I can see my stretch marks right through it. So I am looking at it and there is a reddish color ring around the outside of it. I'm sitting on the throne and wondering if I'm having a reaction to this patch. I then looked down at my legs and realized that my undies were hot pink. It was the fuzz sticking to the rim of the patch. Isn't that funny?
Gotta go to lunch, see ya later. Paula
Unread 01-23-2003, 11:56 AM
weight gain

hey ladies- just a quick note and if anyone has any suggestions- I too had my surgery june of 01 and have gained aprox 15 pounds since. I have been excersizing and mostly watching what I eat but the weight keeps comming on. Any suggestions. I am on Cenestan 1.25 every night. prozac too for a little depression.sure would be nice to find a hrt that made me lose weight instead of gaining.
Unread 01-23-2003, 08:02 PM
putting on the pounds

I had my surgery in April '02. Have gained about 6 pounds in 9 months. I have increased my workouts significantly, but it is not helping. I just had my thyroid checked this week at the doctors, to make sure that the thyroid (slower metabolism) was not the cause. The test came back within the normal ranges.

I have been on the Vivelle Patch 0.1/mg day since surgery. The doctor has just changed my therapy and lowered my Vivelle dose to .05/mg day, and is now supplementing that with Estratest HS to see if it will help my low sex drive (another story). I am not sure if the weight gain is from the hormones, but I know that I am doing more workouts than before and still gaining???? Very frustrating . . . . Now my next concern is how bad will the acne get from taking the Estratest ??? Everybody hang in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register