Fallopian tube cancer update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fallopian tube cancer update Fallopian tube cancer update

Unread 01-23-2003, 07:33 AM
Fallopian Tube Cancer-Update

Well, the visits to the GYN-ONC have gone very well. I really like Dr. Kim. He tells me what he knows...no scaring me with "maybe this or maybe that."

I had a CT scan of the abdomen and some bloodwork, including a CA-125. All tests results have been normal. I will be having a staging laporatomy on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit to remove my ovaries and biopsy all tissues and organs in the abdominal cavity. Anything further treatment will be determined after the results of the lap. are reported.

I'm not scared...I'm relieved that the results are favorable so far. Hopefully the next surgery will reveal great results as well. We shall see.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. I will update as soon as possible after the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Fallopian tube cancer update

s Linda

Thanks for the udate. We will all be thinking of you on the 28th.
Hopefully everything will be clear. I'm glad to hear your ca 125 and CAT scan were normal. Is the gyn onc going to be doing the surgery?

karenann
Unread 01-23-2003, 08:11 PM

(((Linda)))

You sound so happy and comfortable with your doctor--what a wonderful thing! It sounds as if he is leaving nothing to chance. So glad to hear that your test results are coming back normal so far!

Please keep us posted! We'll look forward to hearing from you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2003, 09:31 PM

The GYN-ONC, Dr. Kim, will be performing the surgery. Although it will be a difficult recovery compared to the LAVH, he feels that the vertical incision will be better for what we are trying to accomplish.

He is particularly concerned because my mother had breast cancer 8 years ago. She developed endometrial cancer last year due to taking taxomifen for breast cancer. The disease took her life in only 8 weeks. So, we are being very cautious and careful. I don't want anything to be missed.

My husband is very worried, but our children are taking this news well. Losing Grandma last year was so very difficult for all, and I thought this would be devastating for them. We try to talk as much as possible and give them all every opportunity to ask questions and express fears and concerns. So far, so good!

Thanks to all for your prayers and concerns!
Unread 01-23-2003, 09:55 PM

(((Linda)))

Open communication is the best way for all of you to get through this together. I admire your ability and desire to allow your children to ask questions and express concerns. It will be so much easier on them in the long run. And when everything comes back normal, then you can all celebrate together, and everyone will understand the special significance of it!

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, but it sounds as if it has made you more aware of your own health and the importance of having this thoroughly checked out. I will keep you in my 'ers.

Unread 01-23-2003, 09:59 PM

Thanks
Unread 01-24-2003, 07:50 AM

Linda

So glad you have a solid plan to fight this cancer. I hope you get good news after surgery when all the path reports are in. From what I read about fallopian tube cancer, you have chosen the best way to confront this.

I'll be thinking of you next week. Take care. May recovery be gentle for you.

Ruth S
Unread 01-25-2003, 12:36 PM

{{Linda}},
You sound like you have it all together. Having a plan of attack is very comforting. Ellen always visualizes the cancer cells being killed (in the most gruesome ways ) which really emphasizes fighting the trespassers. Sounds like everything is going well and your family is with you.

I believe women are stronger than cancer *punch* and in groups we are an awesome power.

I'm glad you'll let your hystersisters fight with you.
es and s,
Laura
Unread 01-25-2003, 01:38 PM

Linda,

It sounds like you hav a great pla and a postive attitude. I pary all goes well and you have a quick recovery

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register