Pets | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Pets

Hi Ladies!

I was wondering how many of you have pets, and if they behaved differently when you came home from the castle?

I have a 96 lb. Airedale Terrier, who, bless his heart, is not the most well-behaved dog. But, he seems to sense that I am not well, because from the time I came home from the castle and went straight to bed, he has been very good. (well, it's all relative, I suppose, he has made a couple of attempts to steal food from the table, but he hasn't been jumping on me or acting generally incorrigable (sp?) ). He has been hanging out with me, laying on the floor beside my bed, and acts sort of "tender" toward me.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in behavior in your animal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2003, 04:14 PM
Pets

Yes my cat seemed to be avoiding me until this week. When she did jump up on the sofa or whatever she never once tried to sleep on my lap for the fear of getting her claws into me? You are not alone with that thought, take care, get better and your dog will soon be back to normal I am sure.
BerthaJ.
Unread 01-24-2003, 04:36 PM
Pets

I have a full time 9 to 5 job so I'm not home for my pets during the day. They only see me at night.
For the whole time I have been home from the hospital, my 3 cats have stuck close to me. They walk me to the bathroom and wait to walk me back to bed, they sleep anywhere close to me, they seem to be watching over me. Like little guardian angels.
My little parrot, who can talk up a storm, seems to cry out in excitement when he sees me, even if he can't see me, but he hears me coming down the stairs, he starts talking very quickly, saying a mumble jumble of all the words he knows.
I think animals can sense when you're not feeling normal.
I can't wait to get out to see my horse, who is boarded out at a stable. He is a big pet, and everyone loves him, so he is getting attention. But I really need to give him a big hug.
Love and appreciate your animals - they ask for nothing and give you everything. They can even help you heal.
Take Care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2003, 04:54 PM
hi

i have not had my tah yet but i have had other surgery and my cat has always laid where i have pain it is like she knows i hurt and the heat from her body does fill good lol .i have know for about a mounth about my tah and she has been all over me lol i am like look i love you but i have ting to do like clean house she will cry if she want to lay on me and i am up doing something lol she is my baby my kids say that she is a brat lol i love animals i think they are one of gods greats gifts i hope you fill better soon angie
Unread 01-24-2003, 05:37 PM
ANIMALS....

They sense when we don't feel well. My kitten, Spencer was de-clawed and snorfleed 2 weeks before I was...LOL!!, and when I came home we re-couped and rested together. My older cat Silver was cautious around my belly. He usually just wraps himself around my shoulders or would lay at the top of my pillow. They're great. They are "my" kids. <^..^> <^..^> Pam
Unread 01-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Pets

Hi!! Yes,my little dog(Shih Tzu/Lhasa mix)did avoid me for a day or two upon my arrival from the castle. Pets ARE sensitive to their human's condition,especially after being away from them. The dog or cat can tell that the human they live with is in pain. My dog would not lie on the couch with me,but would lie next to the couch,on the floor. Now I'm back to walking him,and it's like I never stopped,almost!!! He's got a mind of his own,of course. He walks when he wants,and tries to pull me along. When I want him to stop,he keeps on trying to pull me. Then,he digs his paws into the ground when he's not in the mood to listen to "mommy" anymore!!!!!
Unread 01-24-2003, 10:50 PM
Pets too

I came home yesterday and my puppy (Poodle x Silky) has been fantastic. He will not leave me alone, sleeping with me and following me wherever he goes.

I truly believe that they sense we are ill and in pain and act acordingly. I have heard of this before but this is the first time that I have owned a dog and yes its very true.

Lisa from Australia
Unread 01-25-2003, 05:10 AM
pets

My 3 cats have been different. At first they wanted to be the same as usual but quickly realized I wasn't the same and stayed off me. I had to "talk" one o my cats into finally cuddling up close with me a couple of days ago. A few days before that she had tried to jump up on my side and I wasn't prepared for it and put my arm up to stop her and she was very wary after that. They do sense when you are in pain though and try to give ocmfrot where they can.
Unread 01-25-2003, 07:29 AM
Pets

Seems like a lot of people of had a similar experience as I did as well. i have a Beagle mix (50 lbs) and a Blue tick Coonhound Mix (95 lbs) and a cat. All of whom have learned to be very patient around those who are not well. The funny thing is my parents live with my husband and I and they are both disabled. When my dad came home from the hosptial after a month (open heart surgery) both dogs would check on him throughout the day and nudge him, but that was it. When I came home, both dogs who are usually very excited to see either my husband or myself, came in jumped on the other side of the bed and just smelled. The big girl now stays on the floor (unlike before) and the little one stays next to me!

Most animals are very sympatetic to things like that and when something is wrong. So if they start going haywire as well you might want to think about how you feel, they will know before you do!
Unread 01-25-2003, 08:39 AM
Pets are so aware......

I have a 15 month old Rottie(160lbs) that still thinks he is a ten lb baby and yes he is immature and playful........I was really worried that he would jump and want to play when I got home from the castle.........he was incredible..........as soon as I was in bed laying down he came in with my cat who instantly jumped on the bed smelled me and layed down on the pillow..........Apollo smelled me and very carefully climbed on the opposite side of the bed and layed down stretched out beside me ..........they both have been extremely gentle and caring since I have been home..though I could swear I see in their eyes they can't wait till "mom" is better so we can go back to "war games" between them........(which Raz Kitty always wins).........Enjoy your four legged children as they love and care so much for their Moms

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register