new home, new gyn-onc | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new home, new gyn-onc new home, new gyn-onc

Unread 01-24-2003, 07:30 PM
new home, new gyn-onc

I'm finally back online after my move to Charlotte, NC! I had my first appointment with my new gyn-onc, and liked him very much. It was reassuring to hear from him that he agreed 100% with my original gyn-onc's opinion that radiation was not called for in my case, and that I should just continue with the checkups every 3 months. Will be glad to get the lab results . . . guess I have a case of cancer-head, and just want to hear that all is ok. He did prescribe fosamax for prevention of osteoperosis. Is anyone else taking that? I think it is what my grandmother takes.

The downside of the appointment is that my blood pressure was high; he recommended that I see a medical doctor and start a treatment plan for that. Not really surprised that the blood pressure is up--moving, being very busy and stressed at work, getting virtually no exercise, and eating out far too often has taken its toll. Got a recommendation for a new PCP, and have an appt for early Feb.

I am getting settled--moved from temporary corporate housing into an apartment while I get to know the city and try to find a place to buy. Think I'm going to like it here, but the weather sure is not what I expected. I moved from Denver, and there has been more snow here since I arrived (on Dec 29) than Denver has had so far this winter. Next thing is to start taking advantage of the fitness center in my new apt building, and start eating right. Hopefully by the time I have my appt with my medical dr in Feb, I'll be able to get the bp down, and he will be wondering what all the concern was about!

Glad to be back online, and I have a lot of catching up to do!

Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2003, 09:42 PM
new home, new gyn-onc

{{Cheryl}}

So glad your move went well and you're getting settled in. Its always nice to be comfortable with your Drs. I'm seeing my new Onc for my second visit next week, I still haven't quite made up my mind.

Feel free to send some of that weather this way, you sure aren't kidding on how dry and mellow the weathers been this year. We sure could use some moisture here.

I hope that you'll be enjoying yourself and soon be settling in to your new home. Keep us posted on how things are going.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register