My appoinment with rheumatologist | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My appoinment with rheumatologist My appoinment with rheumatologist

Unread 01-24-2003, 07:44 PM
My appoinment with rheumatologist

I appreciate all the support and encouragement from everyone. My DH went to the appointment with me and I'm glad he did. I was diagnosed with BOTH types of arthritis. She said A LOT of inflammation shows up in blood work that wasn't there 6 months ago! She said my right knee, lower back show deterioration. My neck is in bad shape. (Oh, and I still have several cute little kidney stones that showed on the x-rays.)
I also have fibromyalgia, to what degree she is not sure.
I have to take Prednisone (steriods) for a few weeks.
After that I let her know how much relief they gave me and then I have to undergo a lot more blood work.
She is a very caring, gentle and understanding person.
Even though she says I am in bad shape she says she is going to help me and that I won't have to keep suffering.
(good new is that she doesn't think I have lupus and I don't have cancer.)
Thank you all for caring. I will keep you posted as to what developes.
Thank you!!!!!

Stacey (SPR)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2003, 06:54 AM
glad you got a diagnosis

but I am concerned about bone health when women are taking long-term steroids like prednisone. Something you will have to have watched carefully and do calcium to counteract. Can't remember if you are ovaries or no ovaries.

Please discuss this risk factor with your docs so they can make appropriate treatment possible for you.
Unread 01-25-2003, 10:28 PM
My appoinment with rheumatologist

Hi Stacey

I am also very happy to here you have a kind careing dr.....I also see a Rheumy who I love and helps me so much........I have sjogerns syndrom and RA also fibro so I understand pain...........

It takes time and test for her to really get to the root of things....So hang in there and take the meds....I go on prednisone as I need it.........And it helps me so much.........I also take joint support and it helps so much.....Talk to her about that as well.......

s Sis

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register