Had 2 week post op doc appt. - bathroom pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had 2 week post op doc appt. - bathroom pain Had 2 week post op doc appt. - bathroom pain

Unread 01-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Had 2 week post op doc appt. - bathroom pain

Having severe bowel problems - history IBS. Had me down and back in pain from straining and hemmriods - couldn't sit for a few days. Started Colace, tucks and fiber drink just before dr. appt. Should have started right when I got home from castle especially with IBS history!!

Doctor says need to get regular and 4 more weeks off work to take time to heal - otherwise things look good. .

Can't sleep, having cramps?? like period - but am sure it's my IBS. I have been taking my bentyl since the day after surgery or otherwise I think things would be worse.

Thanks for all your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2003, 10:47 PM

((( Linda Lou )))

I sure hope you feel better really soon. Not being regular and having IBS can really be intolerable. I remember having "cramps" after my TAH/BSO and I don't have a hx of IBS. I believe it's part of the healing process with everything falling into it's new location (afte all there's a lot of empty space that needs filling).

Best wishes to you and hope everything go more smoothly from now on.

Melissa
Unread 01-24-2003, 10:52 PM

((( Linda Lou )))

I sure hope you feel better really soon. Not being regular and having IBS can really be intolerable. I remember having "cramps" after my TAH/BSO and I don't have a hx of IBS. I believe it's part of the healing process with everything falling into it's new location (after all there's a lot of empty space that needs filling).

Best wishes to you and hope everything go more smoothly from now on.

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2003, 01:36 PM

I too have IBS and am still taking Colace six weeks post-op. It has really helped. I too have had alot of cramping like period cramps, which I assumed was from the IBS, but with no other IBS symptoms, and no acute IBS attacks since 4/02. I thought the cramping was strange, but thanks Melissa for clearing that up. I'm sure it is one of those things others have experienced too. Any comments on this cramping?

KelleyS

TAH/BSO 12/17/02
Unread 01-26-2003, 05:22 PM

Ladies

Just a further note. I am sure there will be other replys to this question, but I have seen it noted before about the "cramping" after hyster. If you do a search you will come up with all the posts that have mentioned cramping in them. You can do it a detailed as you want. Simply click on the "search" term at the top of this page above the drop down menu. Happy hunting.

Just an FYI - I did get "cramping" sometimes rather disconcerting for the first few months - figured it was my bowels trying to get re-aligned. And I actually got vague cramps from time to time up to a yr post. The doc told me it would be an entire year before I felt 100% back to normal. He was right. Now at 17 mos post, I occasionally get the vague "cramps" when I have done some very heavy lifting and strained my abdomen - probably shouldn't do that, should I , lol.

Dont' worry ladies they will go away, but if they persist and are really bad - see your doctor and have it checked out. Better safe than sorry.

Melissa P.S. Linda - by today I hope your feeling a bit better!
Unread 01-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Things are getting a little better.

I think that the colace is kicking in better. I still have some cramping sometimes I know that it's gas Thanks for all your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I felt totally exhausted today. My 3 year old is here on the weekend so I'm sure contributes he's full of energy. He goes to daycare during the week as if I am working - it's expensive, but it helps me get the rest I need. Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register