Excellent info on *Break-thru* pain... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Excellent info on *Break-thru* pain... Excellent info on *Break-thru* pain...

Unread 01-25-2003, 10:45 AM
Excellent info on *Break-thru* pain...

Quote:
Breakthrough Pain
a transitory flare of pain of moderate to severe intensity occurring on a background of otherwise controlled pain.
Breakthrough Pain Fact~
There are 3 types of breakthrough pain: spontaneous, incident, and end-of-dose failure.
http://www.pain.com/drfiles/cfdrfile...IN%20DIAGNOSIS

http://www.pain.com/breakthrough/btp_interview.cfm

http://www.pain.com/breakthrough/btp_res_main.cfm

http://www.pain.com/painclinics/searchclinics.cfm

http://www.pain.com/breakthrough/abstract2.cfm

Breakthrough Pain Treatment Chart:
http://www.pain.com/breakthrough/Wallchart.cfm

http://www.pain.com/breakthrough/btp_library.cfm

http://www.pain.com/breakthrough/abstract.cfm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2003, 01:51 PM

Thank you Sheri!
I'm having a big problem with break thru pain. I'm going to read thru the links and hopefully will have something to discuss with my pain doc next month. Somehow, someway we will find the answers and put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

Unread 01-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Yes, thanks ((((Sheri))))

The links are great I've only managed to go through a couple of them so far, but plan on 'diving' in a little later.

Thanks for always looking out for all of your sisters on the road...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2003, 07:17 AM

Your very welcome ((Kim)) & ((Judy))
I have days where this is a big problem as well Some Experts will say your initial dose needs to be increased?!? I take a strong, short-acting med for Break-thru pain 3 x's a day & yet still have some pretty severe pain episodes...I'm glad these were of some help! What did you all think of the *Breakthrough Pain Treatment Chart*? Could be a way to help our Drs in treating this pain better for us??

I also wanted to take this chance to thank both of you for being here I cant believe how much time has went by & yet here we still are I continue to hold on to that *hope*! My travels here have been much easier having the 2 of you by my side! The thing that hurts me most is your understanding of this pain...it's just that you *understand* all too well...
(((hugs))) my friends
Unread 01-26-2003, 07:26 AM
((((((((((Sheri))))))))))

Your words have filled my heart, and I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. Happy, as well as sad tears. You are such a good friend to me, and the other sisters here.

I know...I can't believe how much time has passed. I too do not know what I would have done without you both. We are blessed to have eachother as we walk/stumble down this long road. The understanding (of the pain) that you both have, also breaks my heart. I know that you 'know' it all too well.

That pain treatment chart was very enlightening. I wish docs would use it! I still haven't made it through all of the links. DH and I are having a tough weekend. I feel that he is at the end of his emotional/supportive rope. I pray that this isn't the case...as he has been my rock for the past few years. It's been a weekend of tears and So when I came here and read your post...it was just what I needed...to feel your love.

Thanks so much ((((((((((Sheri)))))))))) You help me more then you know.

Love,

Jude
Unread 01-26-2003, 08:28 AM

(((Judy))),
I'm saddened to hear about you & Dh. It is hard for them tho, some just dont understand the toll it takes on us, & boy the toll it takes:cry: This is what bought an end to my relationship. He got to the point where he just couldnt take it, I also couldnt fathom the thot of his lack of compassion towards what I'm suffering. He was never big on hospitals, Drs ect..Each surgery & times I was hospitilized he was only there for a brief period. I thot that if he really *cared/understood* he would set aside HIS feelings to be there for me, I guess not...
I'm praying that you two can work this out but you need support in what your going thru Judy Please know I'm here when you need me...anytime!

BTW-It seems your closer to that off ramp & since you dont drive, I'll be more than happy to chauffer you down the exit We do need to let Kim & Angie know which milemarker to be waiting at so they can catch a ride too
((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
Unread 01-26-2003, 02:29 PM

{{{{Sheri}}}} I know just what you mean sweetie. I still remember vividly my first visit to the Road. Never in my wildest dreams, or should I say nightmare, did I think that I would become a permanent fixture here. :cry: But it has been the support of my friends here that keep me going. When I am down y'all pick me back up and I'm ready to fight another round.

Being able to give a little bit back of what I have received helps me also.

It's so sad that just when I think I have things under control, something new will be added to my list, or the old stuff decides to get worse. It seems like it's neverending. I rarely even say anything to dh anymore when I develop a new pain. I know he cares, but I'm afraid he'll just roll his eyes and say "now what?". He has been there for me thru all this, but I do know that it puts pressure on him too. So far, things are still good and he has been very understanding. But I do constantly wonder when he will reach his breaking point.

{{{{Judy}}}} My dear sweet friend. I hope you and your dh are able to work thru your problems. I know how much he means to you.

Sheri, I am so sorry that things didn't work out with your dh.
Unread 01-27-2003, 08:30 AM

Dear Kim I know....who would imagine, that on your first visit to the road, that years would pass. You give back ten-fold - do you know that??? It's true...you have such a beautiful heart my friend.

As it turns out I over reacted about dh. It was strange, but over the weekend I felt like I was having really bad PMS...and I was crying a lot. I actually had a hissy fit - something I'm truly not known for. Oh well...we were able to have a really good talk. I think it was a build-up of tension, and frustration between us. We are usually really good at picking this up between us, but I guess things happen beyond our control sometimes. There's a lot going on in our lives right now...with family and friends. People always seem to turn to me, and I don't think dh likes that - especially when he knows that I don't feel well. He see's what a drain it is on me, and I guess it pushed me beyond my limitations this time. Sorry to ramble away here....

Sheri, I am so sorry that your dh didn't support you in the way you truly deserve You are an amazing woman....

Love,

Jude

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register