Weight Loss Support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Loss Support Weight Loss Support

Unread 01-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Weight Loss Support

to all my sisters!! Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend! Are there any of you out there struggling with weight issues that would like to talk about these issues with someone else in the same boat? E-mail round-robin maybe? I hope I'm not breaking any Hystersister site rules by posting this. I have gained 50 lbs. since I started the journey on this road (early September) and have been unable to be very active due to ongoing health concerns. This is a MAJOR issue for me and I have got to turn this truck around!! I think having a support group or just chatting with others on what they are doing, how they are feeling and what has worked or not worked is helpful. Anyone else? Feel free to contact me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Losing weight...

Hi VB...

Just posted a message to you on the back pain issue.

Yes, I've had weight gain too over the years, but since my hysterectomy I've lost 27 pounds. 10 went to pathology the same day and the other 17 I've lost since last June through Yoga, Weight Watchers and working out. I've still got another 20 or 25 to go...it's slow, but steady.

Since this back pain started up again 2 months ago, I have not been nearly as active as I was. I do find that the Yoga helps to relieve the stiffness in my lower back but I can't do Yoga non-stop, can I???? :

Lori
Unread 01-25-2003, 05:24 PM
Weight Loss Support

Hi sweetie!!!!!

Wait till you find Hysteritaville!!!!! It's a forum all about support for getting in shape, excerisie, healthy eating, daily programs and lots of fun sisters you probably already know and some new ones to meet...

Here's a link that I think will help you find what your seeking...

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...s=&forumid=112

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2003, 06:37 PM
Weight Loss Support

Thanks for the link Dawn! Just keep finding more wonderful things on this site! I'm headed over there in just a sec.

Lori -- WTG on the weight loss! Sure wish I had came out of surgery with 10 lbs. sent to pathology. Several years ago I lost 90 lbs and was able to keep it off for quite a while. I swore I'd never find myself in that position again -- but here I am just 25 lbs. away from being there. And lately it seems it's either pain or weight gain -- guess that's why I'm so depressed.
Unread 01-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Join us on the B.E.S.T. Board, too

There's a support group right here for women who are on a weight loss program. Come join in!

I joined Weight Watchers exactly a year ago and have lost over 40 lbs with NO exercise because of other health issues. My husband has lost 70 lbs and doesn't do any regular exercise either. Hopefully we both will move into that phase when I am recovered from upcoming surgery for hernia repair. In the meantime, I continue to lose. (DH is now a Lifetime member of WW and just comes along to keep me company and himself on track.)

Good luck in finding something that works for you!

Joselle
Unread 01-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Weight Loss Support

WTG Joselle!!!!!!!!!

How do I get to the B.E.S.T. site?
Unread 01-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Weight Loss Support

Vicki !!!!!!!

I just pm'd you, but the info I gave you about the drop-down menu was wrong (oops, sorry). I'm with ya, sister... as you know, in more ways than one. Can't wait to hear from you.

Unread 01-26-2003, 04:23 AM
Weight Loss Support

Hi again!!!

here's the link to B.E.S.T.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...s=&forumid=156

Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register