Fistula Recovery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fistula Recovery Fistula Recovery

Unread 01-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Fistula Recovery

Hello all!

I am feeling pretty good today, just bored to tears! If my eyes hadn't gotten so bad I could get lost in a book, but all I have is TV! I swear I've seen every home improvement show at least twice over the past 4 months! I could build a house!

Joce & Barbara are visiting this week-make a toast to all us fistula gals- have lots of fun!!!!

I go back to the dr on Thu, maybe to get the supra removed. I haven't had any leaking but my bladder is sure sore! I can pee on occasion so hopefully everything will work after the cath is gone.

Everybody have a good day I'll check in tonight!

Love,
Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Fistula Recovery

Morning all!

I go in today to (hopefully) have the supra cath removed. I am feeling pretty good except that I have a bad head cold.

I am off all pain meds as of 3 days ago, but I'm going to take some vicodin for the cath removal-I'm a wimp!

I hope everyone is well and I'll post again after I get back from the drs.

Louise
Unread 01-31-2003, 08:53 AM
Fistula Recovery

I will try this again (I lost my last post...)

I had the supra removed yesterday. it didn't hurt and I felt soooo much better after it was out!
I don't go back to the drs for 3 weeks-I just need to rest and pray this heals right. I got the ok to go to Vegas in 3 weeks, so I am excited about that! I have a bad head cold, otherwise I feel pretty good.

Joce and Barbara-post and let us know how your visit went!

Sherry, just a few more days till your surgery. You're in my prayers.

Terry posted on her fistula thread that she will need another surgery next week. I know she would like to hear from all of you.

Hope everyone is well and staying warm. Weather here has been great but we could use some rain (It was 85 here yesterday!)

Have a good day!

Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2003, 09:02 AM
Fistula Recovery

Hi Louise,
Glad things are going so well for you, hope you heal! I have a question about the supra. Do you think the supra was worth it or is the foley better. The foley is a pain but I know I will have both for awhile. Maybe I didn't heal because I didn't have a supra. So many questions but I am terrified of the supra. I will let you know how things go. I have to start getting ready for my dr appt this afternoon. It takes me hours these days just to bathe.
Terry
Unread 01-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Fistula Recovery

Terry,

The supra is SOOOOOO much better! I had no irritation from it at all and it really didn't hurt to have it removed. I had the foley for 7 weeks and I hated it. I only had the supra after my surgery, so maybe you won't need both.

Let me know how your cardiologist appt goes.

Louise
Unread 01-31-2003, 11:45 AM
Fistula Recovery

Louise,

So glad to hear you are feeling better! Did you have the foley in for as long as the supra? I will have both but not sure if they will both be in for 10 days.

The time is getting closer, I am terrified! I can't believe I am doing this again -- 3 months later. I try to keep busy so not to think about it.

Sherry xo
Unread 01-31-2003, 01:24 PM
Fistula Recovery

Sherry,

I had the foley only during the time they were trying to see if the fistula would heal without surgery-7 weeks! I had horrible bladder spasms the last two weeks I had it and when they discovered that the fistula hadn't healed and I needed surgery, my dr said I could do without it as long as I could stand the leaking-so the 2 weeks before my surgery I wore diapers! I liked the supra much better-hardly any irritation at all, they inserted just to the right and above my pubic bone, it was attached with a suture. I had the supra 2 weeks after my surgery till they removed it yesterday.

I won't lie to you, the surgery is rough-my biggest problem was that I had gained 20lbs after my hysterectomy and had basically sat around for almost 2 months with that darn foley-I was in lousy shape! You will feel like crap for a couple of days, but just be patient-you'll start feeling better. I feel pretty good now and have to keep telling myself to take it easy and heal right!

I will be thinking of you-just remember to take it easy!

Louise
Unread 01-31-2003, 02:44 PM
Fistula Recovery

Hey Ladies,

Go Louise!!!! and headed of to Vegas!!! Wow. That's great. So glad to hear you are doing so well.

Would love to hear from Barbara and Joce about their weekend. I hope they post for all to see.

Terry, prayers are so with you
and you too, Sherry. Good that these things are finally going to get resolved.

Mary Julia
Unread 01-31-2003, 05:21 PM
Fistula Recovery

Hello,
Got the OK from cardiologist. Tough time with the echo cardiagram. They tried to shoot contrast in my veins and they collapsed but they kept digging until I begged them to stop. They threatned to cancel my surgery until I said great, fine with me. I didn't want it anyway. They decided they had enough pictures. It didn't help that the dr was from Kansas City but was married to one of my husbands classmates or that another classmate was in the waiting room and wanted to gossip. I got a little excited because I was leaking all over the place and the stupid receptionist just kept asking so many stupid questions. Afterwards my dh told me that the woman in waiting room was the biggest gossip in town. I know I said something snotty to her but I don't remember or care what it was. I have really been a pill today. The last 2 surgeries I have been told what a model patient I was. Well my PATIENCE has run out! I even snapped at the X-Ray technician that "started" all this as she calls it with my first sonogram. She wanted to know why I still had the cath in while waiting for the elevator so I again wasn't very nice. Louise I hope you are right about not having the foley. That would be great even though dr said I would have both for awhile. I have quite a large hole so that means a large repair and a lot of leaking. Anyway time to head for bed, been a long day. Cardi guy tried to give me a stress test. I just asked him if he was out of his mind! He wanted me to get on the treadmill until I told my uro would have a heart attach himself if I did that. I can barely walk up my stairs.
Good night,
Terry
Unread 01-31-2003, 09:50 PM
Fistula Recovery

Terry you sure went through a lot today. No wonder you're feeling cranky! Who wouldn't?

I'm glad they didn't cancel your surgery. I know you're tired of all this and that's why you need to get it over and done with. Hopefully today they got whatever information they needed, and that's just one more obstacle out of your way.

Hang in there sweetie , tomorrow is another day, and then there's another one after that... just take it one day at a time, don't let anyone else get to you (what they think doesn't matter a whit!) and you'll be home resting from a successful repair surgery before you know it.

We're all pulling for you!
s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register