Fistula Recovery - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fistula Recovery Fistula Recovery

Unread 02-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Fistula Recovery

Terry,

What an amazing day. Bless your heart. So sorry that you had to go through all that but at least it is now over and done with. One more thing to put in the past. What did they say about your heart?

If your nosy classmates know your situation at all, I hope they are saying how courageous and strong you are.

Hang in there-prayers are with you.

((Louise)) how are you doing now?

MaryJulia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2003, 03:46 AM
Fistula Recovery

Hi Mary Julia,
My heart is strong enough for surgery. Doubled my aetenol for my blood pressure and will change my antibiotics I take for a heart murmur. My problems don't seem so bad today. My heart is aching for the families of the space shuttle Columbia. My dr called right after I heard that news so he thought I was upset about my cardi visit at first . It is 4:30 AM, my dh just left for work and he asked me if I would make this my last surgery even if it fails. I am not sure what he means by that. If I would learn to live with a cathater or live in diapers. I suppose I could except I leak with both. I just told him I didn't want to think about it right now. I know he is exhausted too. I think I will start planning a vacation like Louise. How fun Las Vegas would be right now! Course I would even take being at work over staying home like this. Right now the biggest excitement for me is my sister sent me a new nightgown in the mail. Yipee! My dh thinks I am loosing my mind because I told him before my surgery I want to get my haircut and he said why would you care about your hair. I told him it would take my mind off of the surgery and we will be in the city anyway. Actually I am thinking it may be a while before I can get it cut again.
Everyone take care and I appreciate all your prayers and good thoughts.
Terry
Unread 02-02-2003, 09:03 AM
Fistula Recovery

What is it with dh's? *punch* Everytime before surgery mine decides to eat everthing in sight and then pick a fight with me . Thought this time would be different, but no. It is very stressful going into surgery like this.

This is probably my last post to you all, surgery is tomorrow and I am terrified. Thank God for my dd. Her name is Angie she is 17 and I will show her how to post my progress while I am in the hospital.

Think of me and I will talk to you when I return home (leak free)

Thank you all and thanks to such a great website which I don't know what I would have done without it.

Love,

Sherry xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Fistula Recovery

Good morning!

Terry glad you're feeling a little better. I know you're surgery will go well, all the stats say that the success rate for the repair first time is 90%, and 100% the second surgery, so the odds are all in your favor! (I'm in my Vegas mode already!)

Sherry, try not to worry about the surgery-the days before are misery I know, but soon you will be on the mend. DH's just can't handle stress-he's probably dealing with his worries the best he can! Aren't dd wonderful? I'm glad Angie will be posting after your surgery.

MaryJulia, thanks so much for all your encouragement and prayers!

Linda, you are our guardian angel-what would we do without you?

I am feeling pretty good. I stopped by my work place last night and they still know my name, so that's good! I am looking forward to getting back to work-it has been 4 months and I am sooooo bored!

Where are Joce & Barbara? Recovering from too much partying...

I know the loss of the Columbia crew puts all of our problems into perspective-my prayers go out to all their families.It seems our country has more than our share of tragedies lately, and I fear more to come...

Everyone take care rest-it's the best medicine we've got!!!

Louise
Unread 02-03-2003, 09:54 AM
Fistula Recovery

Morning ladies - It's Joce and there has been so much going on over the last week or so. Everyone sounds upbeat and on the mend - or at least headed there.

Louise - you sound good and I'm glad. The passage of time is a good thing.

Barbara and I had a wonderful visit. She (and her family) were so gracious to me, perfect hosts! We stayed at the beach one night, ate, ate, ate, went shopping, dinner out with Barbara's lovely dh, more eating, pedicure, exploring the lovely town of Mt. Dora, then the flight home. We had a blast. Barbara's daughter (12 year old Lizzie) was so precious that I wanted to take her home with me! I think my baby girl (16 yrds old) got a little jealous because I was carrying on about Lizzie so much! Our connection was so good, it was like visiting with an old girlfriend. We have a lot in common, but look different! The visit was grand.

Enough about me, my prayer is that each of us continue healing, continue getting repaired and continue counting our blessing. My heart, as all of ours, goes out to the Columbia's families...such a terrible thing.

Here's to fistula free living and good friends! Joce
Unread 02-03-2003, 10:11 AM
Fistula Recovery

Joce,

So good to hear from you! I'm glad you and Barbara had such a great time-hopefully you had a drink to all us fistula ladies!

I am doing pretty good. I get occassional pains that startle me, and my intestines are still pretty gassy(sorry), but other than that-I'm on the mend.

Sherry is having her surgery today, all our prayers go out to her for a speedy recovery!

Terry, I hope you're feeling ok today. I know your thoughts are focused on your next surgery, but try and get some rest.

MJ, Barbara, Anita, Kim, Ariel,(I'm sure I'm forgetting someone!) Hope everyone is well!

I'm off to Ikea (my favorite place) with a friend, and then we're meeting another friend for lunch. My first outing since the surgery without my dh! I wish I had the confidence not to wear the big poise pads, maybe someday...

Have agood day!

Louise
Unread 02-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Fistula Recovery

Hey Girls,

Know that we are not suppose to tell personal things on this sight other than what relates to our heath problems but Joce and I had a really good time together. She is just the Southern Lady with that real thick accent. Just fit right into our family, after all we have all been though a lot together. I sure hope that one of these days we can all get together and meet on better terms.

We had always talked about burning our foleys and Joce brought hers. Trouble is that I wasn't feeling all that great with other problems the last day and it slipped my mind. Well there is always the next time. I do still have one left!!!!!

Hope that this finds everyone in better health and looking forward to hearing from Sherrys daughter about how she is doing.

Terry, just keep thinking postive. Good things will happen with this support group and with all the prayers you need not worry.

MaryJulia, for sure next time we will invite you to our little party as well as anyone who would like to come.

Lousie, You are the leader now and doing such a fine job, keep it up.

Good Karma for the week to come,

Barbara
Unread 02-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Sherry's Surgery!

Hello, this is Angie...Sherry's daughter. Just giving you all an update on her surgery this afternoon, February 3rd. Thank goodness all went well! They took her in early and were ready to rock and roll. She was in recovery for about 2 and half hours, but for her it must have seemed like 5 minutes. Of course I worried the whole time and had to shed my tears. But she stayed strong just like I told her to, and she just couldn't wait to get into that operating room and have this nightmare finally over with. My father and I went to visit her around 5:30-6:00, she was looking great. She was talking and doing well. I couldn't be happier. That's about all for now. Thank you all for your support you've really helped her. Hope to hear from you all soon!!

~Angie
Unread 02-03-2003, 09:36 PM
Fistula Recovery

(((Angie))) that's great news! Thanks so much for letting us know your mom is doing so well. Please give her lots of s from everyone here and tell her we're all thinking about her.

-Linda
Unread 02-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Fistula Recovery

Hello again! Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I know Mom couldn't have done it without all of your support. I'll give her lots and lots of HUGS! I don't know how you guys do those little smiley things, so I'll stick to the basics . I'll keep you all infomed. Thanks again!
~Angie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register