Fistula Recovery - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fistula Recovery Fistula Recovery

Unread 02-04-2003, 06:29 AM
Fistula Recovery

Glad to hear Sherrie is out of surgery doing well. Hope her recovery is a smooth one.
Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2003, 08:16 AM
Fistula Recovery

So good to hear that Sherry's surgery is over and everything went well. That first week is hard, but after that...sooooo much better.

Note to Barbara - I noticed the catheter in my purse at the airport - said an Irish blessing over it - and chunked it in the garbage! It was a great feeling.

A fistula reunion sounds wonderful.

God bless us all, everyone! Joce
Unread 02-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Fistula Recovery

Good Morning!

Angie, thanks so mch for keeping us posted on your mom's progress. We are all sending lots of hugs her way!

Terry, just a couple more days for you! Hope you're getting lots of good rest.

Barbara, Joce, Kim, Mary Julia, none of us would have made it without your guidance and support. It shows how great you all are because you continue to support us even after you're all healed and back to normal lives.

I had a great day yesterday-I wore myself out shopping! Today I am going to stay home and do nothing-just rest.

I hope everyone is feeling well today. Take care,

Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Fistula Recovery

Well it's so good to hear how good everybody's doing. I'm hoping for the best for everyone.

Me, I think I'm healed. Thank God. Will be released on the 12th to go back to sex. It's been so long since this whole thing started. I'm really nervous because I'm afraid it might mess something up. Or it's going to be really painful. But we will work through it.

Sounds like Joce and Barbara had a good time. I wished we all could get together. Found a big pad in the bottom of my purse the other day and it took me back for a minute. Then I thought I hope I never see one of those again.

Well everybody take care.

Kim
Unread 02-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Fistula Recovery

Hello again. Angie here. Just thought I would let you all know that mom sat up for the first time today. The nurses gave her a spunge bath and changed her sheets. She sat up for 2 1/2 hours! WOO HOO! GO mom! She's doing great! She called me today, told me to stay home and get some rest because the weather was bad. She also told me not to forget to watch American Idol and to keep her posted! That's about all for now. You are all so kind hearted. Your posts keep me cheery and thinking great every day. Albert (my dad) said that the incision looked good. The doctor told her "We stitched you over 3 times you'll never be leaking from there again" That was wonderful to hear. Hopefully she'll be home by this weekend. Keep praying for her.

~Angie

Unread 02-04-2003, 05:38 PM
Fistula Recovery

((Angie))

Thank you for all the posts about your mom. We love hearing the blow by blow account. Go Sherry!!!! I thought the 'stitched 3 times over' thing was great. I'm glad they are making sure it doesn't ever happen again. Tell her to get lots of .

Now we just need to get Terry and Anita repaired.

((Louise)) you sound great. Why are you still wearing the poise? Are you still leaking or is it just in case? Shopping is one of my LEAST favorite things to do until I lose some of this extra baggage.

((Kim)) Isn't it great to feel FIXED!! I still have twinges-like you Louise. Now they don't scare me any more. Hope all goes well on the 12th. If you have concerns, ask your doctor.

((Joce and Barbara)) Hey, I was all up for the catheter burning thing. Actually I threw mine in the trash the moment after I pulled it out. (after deflating the bulb thingy, of course) I still have some of those lovely white stretchy stockings left over from the hospital. I bet they would burn!!!!! Maybe I have a leg bag hanging around in the guest room somewhere. What fun to hear from you two. Maybe we really can all get together some day and enjoy not wearing diapers. I mean really, who else can so appreciate what that entails. How about the beach?

((Terry)) hang in there. I'm so glad your heart is well enough for this surgery.

((Linda)) thanks for taking care of all of us.

Has any one heard from Anita?

All in my prayers,
MaryJulia
Unread 02-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Fistula Recovery

Hello,

Angie, glad your mom is doing well. I loved the fact that they told her they made sure they "stiched her three times"!

MaryJulia-bite your tongue! No, I am not leaking-I am just too chicken to leave the house without a pad! Besides, my dh bought me a huge pac of them while I was in the hosptal (he was trying to be helpful!), and I don't want to hurt his feelings! I'll get brave one of these days! I didn't shop for clothes, that would be way too depressing...

Has anyone heard from Anita or Ariel?

Have a great night!

Louise
Unread 02-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Fistula Recovery

Good Morning!

Another sister has posted on Terry's "fistula" thread-her name is Karen-she found out she has a fistula and is on her way to the uro for the cath! I told her about the old threads and let her know we are here to help.

It makes me mad that this keeps happening!!! Statistics say that this is not supposed to occur this often-think about all the women out there who don't know about this website-what's going on?????

Hope everyone is doing well today-I'll post later when I'm not so MAD!!!!!!

Louise
Unread 02-05-2003, 08:02 PM
Fistula Recovery

Hi Ladies -

Louise you sound A W E S O M E !!!!

Barbara and Joce - I was thinking of you guys the weekend you got together !!!! How fun !!!

MJ - Thanks for your endless words of encouragment.

I'm hanging in there. Some days I feel like things have healed for me and then I have a bad day. My fistula's are a little different from yours and they still have me on antibiotics and waiting. I will keep you guys posted.
Thanks for thinking of me. I will write more when I can.

It would be so fun to meet all of you!

THANKS for being here for me.

Anita
Unread 02-05-2003, 08:55 PM
Fistula Recovery

Hello all, went to visit mom today. She's doing well. She said her cathedar out of her tummy is still really (bloody). She's worrying about it but I keep reasuring her just as the doctor's have that it's perfectly normal. I'm worried but I try to be strong for her sake. They're planning to take her IV tomorrow (Feb 6) hopefully. She told me to inform you all that the doctor said to fiz her bladder they had to cut it in half because the hole was in a tunnel. So sorry for the details but she told me to tell you. So I'll keep updating. Bye for now!
~Angie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register