Fistula Recovery - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fistula Recovery Fistula Recovery

Unread 02-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Fistula Recovery

Angie,

I'm so glad your mom is doing well! Tell your mom they also had to open my bladder up (or as one of the residents said "fileted it") they said that was the only way to make sure they got a good repair. I had a little blood in the castle from the supra, but by the time I got home, it was all gone. Tell your mom to drink lots of water, it made me feel so much better the more water I drank!

Anita, so good to hear from you. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you all better! You are such a strong woman to go through this for so long-good days are ahead for you!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers, and I REALLY think we need a get-together, maybe not in the near future, but one of these days...

Hugs to you all,
Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Fistula Recovery

Good morning!

23 days post repair and I'm still hanging in there! I think I might be over the worst of my cold, so maybe now I can get out and get some much needed excercise (walking)

Terry's surgery is today, my prayers are with her.

I have a wierd little twinge over on my right side and am feeling a little PMS-y, I cried at a commercial last night (and it wasn't even a tear-jerker!) I need to remind myself that my ovaries are my friends...

Karen, if you start your own thread, please let us know.

Hope everyone is well...

Louise
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:43 AM
Hi

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note- I am the new member of the club(unfortunately)..got to the Uro yesterday and am at least more informed and feel better with the cath.. I am mad also at times that this happened as Louise said and will focus on why exactly at a later time- but seems strange to me that there are so many of us..

I feel OK today and am actually off for a nap- I think I will start a new thread for me as I am not exactly at the same point as all of you and you can help me and maybe I can help someone else- I will do that later after my nap..

Anyway glad to hear most are feeling better and Angie I am praying for your Mom- she will be well and be up and at it soon.. Well of to bed AGAIN..

Cyber s to all
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Fistula Recovery

Morning all!

Went for a good long walk yesterday and feel pretty good today. My cold is pretty much gone so it's time to get off my butt and walk to try and lose some of this blubber before I go back to work. I am being very careful still, I don't want anything to come loose and start leaking!

Hope everyone is doing well. I said a prayer today that Karen would be the last "fistula lady" this site sees, at least for a while. There have been too many women facing this situation the past few months!

Have a great day, stay warm!

Louise
Unread 02-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Fistula Recovery

Morning!

I probably did too much yesterday and now I'm feeling tired. I keep forgetting that I am still recovering and need to rest a little now and then. I feel pretty good except for my intestinal problems, which I HOPE will settle down one of these days!

I would love to hear how Sherry is doing-Angie are you out there?
I e-mailed Terry to see how she's doing-I'll let you know if I hear anything...

Have a great day everyone!

Louise
Unread 02-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Fistula Recovery

Hey Louise,

Please keep taking care of yourself and rest when you do too much.

MaryJulia
Unread 02-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Fistula Recovery

Mary Julia,

It;s great to hear from you! How are you feeling? Are you back to work 100%?

I am feeling pretty good-I'm supposed to return to work in 3 weeks and am actually looking forward to it. I am still paranoid about leaking-I hope I can get over that soon! I will be 4 weeks post repair on Wednesday=WOO HOO!

I got an e-mail from Terry's husband last night-he said she is feelinf much better than after the last surgery, which is great news!

Hope everyone is staying warm-I know there's been some bad weather back east.

Louise
Unread 02-10-2003, 06:11 PM
Fistula Recovery

Hey Louise,

So good to hear that Terry's surgery went well this time. I hope she knows that we are still here for her if she needs us.

I'm about as back to work as I can get. Since my dh and I work together, he is really pretty good about watching out for me and making sure I don't over do. I'm back exercising and have just GOT to do something about these extra pounds.

I still get some twinges on that left side but that may just be adhesions or something. I only leak when I sneeze (despite the fact that the doc did a bladder tack. When I mentioned that fact when I saw him a couple of weeks ago, I followed it up with the statement that I didn't want to do ANY THING about it. )

Are you doing hormone therapy? I use the Vivelle dot and it may sound strange, but I don't like putting the dot on the side where the fistula was. I know that estrogen makes endo grow and I'm just worried that it may grow back. Sounds silly, doesn't it?

Here's to our dry future!!!!!

MaryJulia
Unread 02-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Getting the hang of it

My poor daughter. She is the one fixing my dressing. Since I came home today, twice I started to bleed from the site. She can't take blood too well. It seems that there is quite an art in taping the catheter in just a correct way that there is slack and allows the bag to drain.

My dh had to come up and help her out. I hope this gets better, feels like I have to sit completely still. Also, I have the odd discomfort of the stitches being absorbed in my vagina.
Unread 02-11-2003, 06:23 AM
Fistula Recovery

Sherry -so good to hear from you. The dressing situation gets better and soon (hopefully) you will only need a little gauze over where the catheter comes out of your stomach. I kept neosporin around the tube...I had lots of problems with the stitches anchoring the tube and have markings from them. I kept adjusting them with tweezers and taping, taping, taping. There is an art to it.

Hang in there and rest as much as possible. You (and your little bladder) have been through a lot.

Tomorrow I will be 3 months post op for the V V F and I still have a few problems...some bladder spasms and feeling of fullness in my lower abdomen. I still have some periods of worry, but mostly I try not to think about it. I am back to walking at the gym and feel better because of that.

Everyone take care, Joce

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register