Fistula Recovery - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fistula Recovery Fistula Recovery

Unread 02-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Fistula Recovery

30 Days already! Time flies. Glad you are feeling great. It won't take long to get back into shape. Happy Valentine's Day to you and all of you. I am feeling strong everyday and my urine is completely clear. Thought it would never look normal again.

Love

Sherry xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Fistula Recovery

Happy Valentines everyone!

Sherry, how good to hear from you and what great news!! Just think how wonderful you will feel a month from now!

And Louise, I understand the huffing and puffing up the hills. Now my huffing and puffing days are gone. If you are like me, you have a long way to go to get into really great shape, but we have all been through so much. It is just so fine to be alive and dry and feeling good. I'm coming up on my 30th highschool reunion and plan on looking good for that. So glad that it is this year instead of last.

Ya'll take care,

Mary Julia
Unread 02-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Fistula Recovery

MJ-my 30th is this year, too! haven't heard about a reunion yet...

I am tired! Hope everyone has a great weekend-I'll try and post tomorrow!

Hugs,

Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Fistula Recovery

me too, me too! My 30th is also this year. I haven't heard anything either, but don't think I could make the 2500 mile trip anyway

-Linda
Unread 02-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Fistula Recovery

Just checking in...

I totally wore myself out yesterday-went shopping, lunch with dh, more shoppng, dinner with dh and friends, movie, then hope at 10:30-WORE OUT!!! My whole body aches so today I am a couch potato!

Hope everyone is doing well-I'll check back after my nap!

Louise
Unread 02-16-2003, 04:41 PM
Fistula Recovery

Louise!

Isn't it wonderful how much you can do without a diaper and having to worry about changing it. Get your rest and keep on truckin. I'm looking forward to my cystogram this week and hopefully the removal of the supra.

Take care all.

Sherry xoxo
Unread 02-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Fistula Recovery

Hello Everyone!

I go in today for my return to work check up, and I'm feeling pretty good. I still have some twinges now and then, but for the most part, not too many complaints.

My dh is hoping I get cleared for "everyting", but I am not so sure. I am so worried that something will go wrong, and it doesn't help when I read a post on another thread about a sister's vag cuff tearing 4 months after her hyster (after intercourse)-who would've imagined that happening!!! I continue to be amazed at the things women have to go through after a hysterectomy, I never knew so much could go wrong till I found this site...What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

I'll post when I get home from my check up,

Louise
Unread 02-18-2003, 12:09 PM
Fistula Recovery

(((Louise))), sending you positive thoughts... hoping your checkup goes smoothly and you are cleared for takeoff! I read that post, too. Those things do happen. I'm sure, though, that your DH is a special guy who will be extra gentle and you two will just sail through the 'first time' and get back to enjoying your relationship together.
s,
-Linda
Unread 02-18-2003, 07:30 PM
Fistula Recovery

Home from my exam...

Saw all 3 of my wonderful drs, (it was like I had my own group of cheerleaders!) Everything looks great they said, I am cleared for everything (in moderation!) Still no heavy lifting for a couple of months. Told me to stop taking the detrol and prescribed 10mg Ambien to help me sleep since I am having some problems 'cause I'm worrying about everything! I go see my gyn next week to get cleared for work.

I am off to Vegas for 3 days tomorrow, so you won't hear from me. Hope all of you continue your recovery, and I'll post when I come back!

Hugs to you all...

Louise
Unread 02-19-2003, 06:44 AM
Fistula Recovery

HI Louise,

Hope you had a great time in Vegas- that sounds just wonderful.. glad you got the OK from the Dr's.. now you are FREE.. I am off to Dr tomorrow for IVP and visit for what is next!!

I am sure I will be as happy as you are real soon.. glad you got the Ambien- I have been on it since the Hyster and it is great- you drift off to a nice peaceful sleep and feel good when you get up- otherwise I think I would never sleep..

So happy for you!! talk to you soon..
Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register