Pain spots on Abdomen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain spots on Abdomen Pain spots on Abdomen

Unread 01-26-2003, 03:30 PM
Pain spots on Abdomen

Have given up on finding an answer, thought I'd try here again. I have two spots on my abdomen, both to the left and right of my navel.
These spots are sore and look (to me) a little puffy. I've asked EVERY dr. I've seen and they don't seem to concern. One said it may be my nerves reconnecting another said it could be adhesions. Is it possible to still have sore spots almost a year later? (I am still numb around incision and about 1/2 inch above).
I had alot of adhesion/endo removed that was around my bowels etc... I was told to have a colonoscopy first before another lap, because of the adhesion problem. I just dread putting myself thru the prep for the colonoscopy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2003, 06:37 PM
I have the same problems.

I am over a year from my surgery and I have sore spots on the left side of my stomach. What is so weird about that side of the stomach is that it is much larger that the other side of my stomach. My stomach is still numb. I did talk to several doctors as well and got different answer. The answer were the same as you doctor. Adhesion or nerve damage. I just switched health plan and I do plan to seek some advice from another doctor. At times those sore spots can be very unpleasant. I hope you find a answer. If I get one I will certainly let your know. Take care.
Unread 01-27-2003, 04:41 AM
Pain spots on Abdomen

So I am not the only one, I have company. I am three years post and on my left side from the scar I have about six spots that are very touchy. If I lean on a spot when I am washing up I nearly go through the roof. My left side is also larger than the right side. I can not decide if it is swollen or not. I was going to mention it to my Doc. tomorrow I am going to get a referal for a colonoscopy. Just when you think you are the only one you find someone else living a parallel life. I dread the colonoscopy prep as well. I have convinced myself it won't be the 3 litre prep. mine will be a couple of glasses. This will be my 4th one coming up and they don't get any easier, at least you get over the procedure quickly.

I will let you know what opinion I get on the tender spot tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Pain spots on Abdomen

I got told the same thing. It is from cut nerves. If your pain is like a lightning bolt all the time they will do something about it but if it comes and goes they leave it be.
Unread 01-28-2003, 07:37 PM
You said your 4 one?

Fourth colonoscopy, wow I only had one and dreaded the prep. As a matter of fact I was really sick behind that stupid prep. Oh well good luck on your test.
Unread 01-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Pain spots on Abdomen

As bad as I hate to say it, I'm a little relieved that I wasn't the only one with this problem. I get the old colonoscopy about every 3 years and that darn prep is awful! Which is why I keep putting it off! It will be a year with the hyster in March and I said to myself if I still had these sore spots I would go ask him AGAIN about it, they are just so tender some times I have having on zip up pants! If any of you ever find out anything on why you have the sore spots, please let us all know!

Take Care!
KGRACE
Unread 01-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Pain spots on Abdomen

Gracie,
I am almost four years post op and have an extremely tender abdomen. I've been thru all the GI tests, have had numerous surgeries and they tell me it's from nerve damage.

I did ask the doctor if the swelling could also be caused by the nerve damage and he said "possibly", so I guess no one really knows what's causing this for me. I did have a lap in November to look for adhesions and none were found.

I have had days where the tenderness has been not as bad, but the last 2 weeks have been really awful again. I have very rarely worn zipper pants since my hyst. Every now and than I decide to brave it so that I can feel normal for a day.

It really does help to know that you're not alone in your pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register