Good News and Thanks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good News and Thanks Good News and Thanks

Unread 01-27-2003, 08:55 AM
Good News and Thanks

I know this site gets kudos every day for the information and support all the participants provide. It is truly amazing. Now its my turn to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I was told I needed a hysterectomy after my LEEP confirmed CIN/CIS, etc. in September. After second opinions (by other gyn and gyn oncologist) and reading this site and doing tons of research, I decided to hold off and get retested in January -- which I did and all is clear!!!! I'm going to keep a positive outlook, try my best to take better care of myself (emotionally and physically) and hopefully in another 3-4 months when I am retested again, all will be well again!

I feel for all the women on this site who are going through the procedure and have been recovering. Take care to all, I wish you the best and although I am hoping never to have to use this site again (I mean that in the best of ways), I will check back to see if I can be of any help to someone else who was in my shoes.

Again, many many thanks!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2003, 10:24 AM
Good News and Thanks

Hi Nappy,
Glad to hear that your decision to go with a wait and see worked out wonderfully for you. I too, on the advice of the gynecolgist/oncologist decided to put off the hysterectomy. I go next week for my first check up since the Leep and am praying that my results match yours. I wish you well.

Take care,
Carol
Unread 01-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Good News and Thanks

s Nappy and Carol

It's great to read that the wait and see approach is working for you both!!! I wish you both all the best. Stay in touch!!!

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2003, 04:58 PM
Good News and Thanks

Great news, Nappy. Take good care of yourself!
Unread 01-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Good News and Thanks

(((Nappy)))

That is such awesome news! I am very happy to hear it. May you have many more negative PAP's in the future!

(((Carol)))

Good luck when you have your PAP. I hope it comes back negative so you will feel a little more comfortable about things.

Unread 01-28-2003, 06:24 AM
Good News and Thanks

Hi Ladies
Karen, Jeanine you were the first ladies to respond to me when I first found this site....you were filled with wonderful advice and your comforting "shoulders" were much needed...thanks for being there for me and many others. I appreciate the well wishes and everything crossable is crossed for next Thursday's visit I will let you know how it goes...
s and ers,
Carol
Unread 01-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Good News...and bad

Carmanni, good luck on Thursday!!!!

A word of advice....I spoke too soon. I just spoke to my doctor, again. On Friday she gave me good news regarding biopsies done during the colposcopy...unfortunately the pap wasnt in until today...it came back atypical cells...of undetermined significance. She is recommending that I see the oncologist in about a month for yet another colposcopy....not sure if they will do biopsies again. Do they always? I just never predicted that a pap would conflict with the biopsy report. Has anyone else gotten this type of result? What can it mean? My doctor always sounds so nervous and unsure of herself, it makes me anxious. She feels the oncologist is the expert, so why didn't she have me see him in the first place for the follow up???? Its frustrating, sorry -- need to vent. I am rambling.

Well, hopefully when I check back in again in March, this will be final!!

Again, take care and best to all!
Unread 01-28-2003, 07:37 PM
Good News and Thanks

Can you help me get a better picture of this, Nappy? I'm a little confused.

Did you recently have a PAP and a colposcopy/biopsy? Or were they done some time apart?

Sometimes you can get conflicting results, depending on the areas examined. It's frustrating, but it does happen. You might like to ask your doc what area was biopsied--the external cervix? the endocervix? It's possible that the PAP included a scraping from the lower end of the cervix where it might have picked up some endocervical cells, and if there are abnormal cells there, then an external biopsy would not pick that up. If the biopsy was from areas of the outside of the cervix and there are no problems there, then it would come back negative.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Unread 01-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Good News....

Jeanine,

That makes sense. I will ask my doctor to clarify. I thought the biopsies were endometric and cervical and she took many (painful) samples so I thought she was thorough but don't have an exact answer. I'll find out before I speak with the oncologist. Thanks for bringing it up.
Unread 01-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Good News and Thanks

{{Nappy}}

I hope you can get this all clarified and I'm really gald you'll be talking to a Oncologist. Since this is their specialty (especially a Gyn Oncologist) they'll be able to share alot more information and most likely clear up alot for you.

I hope the next results are better. Please keep us posted on how it goes.

{{Carol}}

I hope all goes well for your visit and testing. We'll all be praying for negative results for you. Keep us posted kay?

{{Hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register