We're right here for you, Adrite (Angie) - Appointment with new surgeon - Jan 28 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

We're right here for you, Adrite (Angie) - Appointment with new surgeon - Jan 28 We're right here for you, Adrite (Angie) - Appointment with new surgeon - Jan 28

Unread 02-03-2003, 11:26 AM
((((((((All of You)))))))))))))

Thank you all for caring. Thank you all for praying. And, yes, I can tell when I'm being "prayed for". I have a greater sense of peace and I can tolerate the pain better - because I'm at peace.

Well, no news was not good news.

I got a call from my GP at 8am (my appt was at 9am) and they double booked the appointments. It was either see a nurse or reschedule for a week later. So, I told them to forget it since I was supposed to see my health care coordinator doc at Vandy at 3pm that day. I took a day of Vac. to handle all of this. My employer is EXTREMELY concerned that I'm missing so much because of my health. They have a right to. But I would have helped it by now if I had any control over this situation!

But I digress....

Half way to Nashville, my cell phone rang. My HCCP (Vandy Doc I always see) said he had the flu and couldn't see me because he had to go home.

I broke down and cried. I had several attacks over the weekend and I cried alot. I've lost more weight.

My brother came over and wanted to take me to the ER but the more I thought about it, the more I realized they wouldn't do anything but look at me like a "druggie" and tell me to see a doctor on monday.

So, I tried to tough it out.

I was late for work this morning. I tried to make an appointment this morning. No luck. I hurt so bad...It's getting worse. I'm tired, worn out, and just plain exhausted.

My DH went on the offensive this weekend. He's tired of me being sick all the time. I can't help it. Just as my luck would have it, my ulcers started acting up again. <Ouch!> I'm tired of talking to him. And just like the lady in the NY Times article I posted last week, I'm ready to leave him just to "be alone with the pain" it's easier that way. No one to judge me! <He's not working right now - so I don't feel he has a right to complain about me needing him to drive me!> Sorry to rant here, just need to vent. No response necessary about that...I know what I NEED to do, its just a matter of finding the strength to separate.

I have no words to describe how tired I am. And scared. And Angry. And sorry.

My doc called this morning. I see him tomorrow at 3:30 pm. We'll see if it actually transpires.

The fibro flare is REALLY bad this time...as is the RSD. The burning pain is awful. I'm literally so exhuasted that I can't drive myself.

I look back over my life. I had such hopes, dreams, plans and definite ideals as to what I would tolerate and what I would not. I'm finding myself in the very place I tried so hard to avoid.

On top of this physical stuff, my life is in total meltdown.

Thanks for the prayers...I certainly need them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2003, 11:36 AM
We're right here for you, Adrite (Angie) - Appointment with new surgeon - Jan 28

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we'd all hoped to be reading you'd had some treatment. I cannot believe you're having to suffer like this. I also cannot believe you're having to take vacation days to see your doctor when you're clearly in so much pain - if your employers are being difficult they clearly have no compassion. Everyone is entitled to sick leave.

You're in my thoughts - I really hope you get something sorted soon - no-one should have to suffer like this

Unread 02-03-2003, 11:56 AM
We're right here for you, Adrite (Angie) - Appointment with new surgeon - Jan 28

Angie, I was hoping and praying that you were getting the medical attention you need. Are you seeing your local GP
tomorrow, or your miracle dr. two hours away at Vandy?
Right now, you need to concentrate on getting better!!! It
might be wise to put life changing decisions on hold right now
until you feel better. Then, you can make decisions with a
clear head.
Please keep us posted about your appointment tomorrow.
Prayers are being said for you, Angie!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2003, 12:17 PM

My dear, sweet (((((Anj)))))) I simply can't believe what I'm reading.... I'm sooooo sorry that, in this case, no news was NOT good news

(((((Sweetie)))))) if tomorrow, when you see your doctor, you don't get the answers that will lead to relief, please promise that you will go to the ER, OK? I'm sooooo worried about you, and I know I'm not the only one. Loosing weight at the rate you're doing is not good

((((Angie))))) We're here for you, we're ing for you and we've got our collective arms around your shoulders.... we'll see you through this... somehow....

Please take good care of yourself, in every possible way, OK?

Unread 02-03-2003, 12:38 PM
((((Angie))))

Sorry to hear of your continued problems, Angie. I'll be here thinking of you along with all the others

Joselle
Unread 02-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Thanks Guys...and esp you Locki...

I needed to hear that.

I have so many people telling me to "Leave" or get my DH to "Leave" as they witness his behaviour.

Well, that's my natural instinct as well. However, I've been through a major breakup before and it's tough to go through when you're well - let alone when you're and Which I have to think affects the relationship as much as my health.

This is something my family doesn't quite understand. I'm not strong enough to do this yet. I will be one day...just not yet.

Thanks for reminding me Locki.

I AM getting help tomorrow. Should the appointment fall through tomorrow (with my health care coordinator GP - Miracle Worker Doc) I'm going somewhere. I don't care where. Just somewhere. ER. Walk in Clinic. Somewhere. I've had it!

My GP set up an appointment and called me this morning for Thursday. I can't wait that long.

You're all s!
Unread 02-03-2003, 01:08 PM

Anj honey

I have no real words of wisdom here and can only continue to pass on the love and prayers for you sweetie.

I am so sorry to hear there are no answers yet for you....Let's pray real hard this doc doesn't cancel or switch.

And I know it's hard at this point not to take the attitude "they will think I'm looking for drugs" but I hope that if worse comes to worse tomorrow you DO go to the ER. I think I would have to sit there until someone did something. anything.

more to help you thru the next day dear....it just seems so inadaquite (sp)

Dawn
Unread 02-03-2003, 09:23 PM
many healing thoughts

Hi,
I've been following this post but haven't even found anything anyone hasn't already said to try and comfort you. Please know that one more sister here is sending you healing thoughts and hoping you can find the health you deserve. With all you have been through, no wonder other areas of your life are feeling the impact. Relationships and jobs do suffer when you suffer, and I know how dark things might seem. I can totally relate. Right now you have to do what is best for your health, and then you can address other areas of concern. I know they're all interconnected, but so many of us are praying here for you that surely you will come through this dark night to the healing light. My prayers are with you.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 02-04-2003, 07:07 AM
I cannot thank you all enough...

I've learned not to ask the question "What next!?" because something worse happens!

However, you all have helped me through those worst case scenarios. Here's hoping I make it through this one.

If I just had a glimmer of hope and just a tiny bit of health...I think other things would fall into place.

I, too, have prayed alot. I'm just hoping that this afternoon will be the start of some type of treatment. I can't go on like this much longer.

My brother is coming to drive me. I've just had it....

Luv Anj
Unread 02-04-2003, 04:49 PM

Angie
I've been praying for you all day today. I wish that I had some incredible words of wisdom to help you my friend, I am just hoping and praying that the doctor was able to help you today. Your sisters are all here for you Surely there's strength in numbers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register