One year later-- | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One year later-- One year later--

Unread 01-28-2003, 04:45 AM
One year later--

Everyone told me I would feel better after hysterectomy, "best thing you will ever do" they said. Then why have I had such a terrible year, physically? I went thru severe depression after surgery. After I went back on hormones the depression and terrible night sweats stopped. Felt okay for about 2-3 weeks, then the bladder infections started. I've had 3 since. Now I have dull pain on my left side (as though the ovary is still there), around to my lower back. I can't sleep on my side or stomach for the discomfort. I am now waiting to have a sonogram. Until I found Hyster Sisters, I thought there was something drastically wrong with me. And after reading your messages, I am wondering, why weren't we told all this before the operation? No one told me. I thought I was doing, "the best thing I would ever do". I said something to my doctor about post-op talks & he said there lots of books out there. He never once mentioned that to me. Just wanted to let you know that I am thankful for Hyster Sisters! I feel better. Now to go after my doctor------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2003, 05:34 AM
Post-op Pain

PATTY 13....Hi, just read your post about the pain you still have on your left side. I too have this, and there is no ovary there. Have you gotten ANY answers from your dr.? I have an appointment w/ mine tomorrow for this reason. It has been bugging me for awhile, so I'm having it checked out. I'm only 11 weeks today. I'm sorry to hear you've had pain for over a year. Maybe a 2nd opinion....just a thought. Take Care....Pam
Unread 01-29-2003, 09:57 PM
to Patty13

Hi Patty 13, I too have the pain in the abdomin. I had a total hyster last Jan. 2002. I thought this was just my imagination or muscle tone, but, i am still feeling pain. It feels like my ovaries are still in there. ( but they arn't ). When i am sleeping and i go to move i wake up with horrible back spasams. I have just gone and had a pelvic and an abdominal ultrasound done and i am awaiting the results. I hope everthing goes good for you. It is nice to know that i am not alone. Take care. Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2003, 11:01 AM
Question to "one year later'

My hyster was in April of 2002. For the last 2-3 months I too have, and I can't quite call it pain, in my right side when I am sleeping. It is annoying to have to wake up and turn over and get yourself settled on the other side for a good sleep, is this supposed to be my remaining ovary (that is "atrophied" anyway) acting up? I am going to a different Gyno in April 2003 for a follow up, so maybe I should mention this? Through the day, no problems!
Thanks
Jazz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register