Soon off to Gyn Number 8? 9? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Soon off to Gyn Number 8? 9? Soon off to Gyn Number 8? 9?

Unread 01-29-2003, 10:00 AM
Soon off to Gyn Number 8? 9?

ahhh Jude, sending the biggest emergency hugs possible sweetie!!!

I too get the mid month cramps AND discharge, my GP just laughs and says I must have an ovary in my back pocket and leaves it at that.......so you're not alone with that one, I think we both have more endo, they just haven't looked in the right place for it!

This dr did not seem very well informed at all, but I've been told the very same thing by my Gyn's (about the endo being impossible) and two appointments later they suggest the very thing and say it's all the more reason to get in there and have a look Who can figure doctors out?

Rest, regroup, and don't give up, we're all behind you whenever you need us, and you're not alone with your symptoms.....so it's very real........remember that, I do and it helps!!! 's & 's!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2003, 10:21 AM

(((((((Judy))))))),
I am so sorry you had to go thru this When I read these type of posts about Dr appts I keep asking myself where is the compassion these days? The desire to help another get to the bottom of pain? I'm mad for you!!! As far as the Ovarian Remnant, the others are right, it can be missed!! Just like everything else such as your Endo..for her to say it is impossible was wrong...

Hang in there Judy Please know your Sisters are here for you & praying that those answers will come soon!!
(((((hugs)))))
Unread 01-29-2003, 11:04 AM

(((Jude))) just wanted to pop in and give you some s, and suggest that if you want to get some more input on the fistula idea, you might try posting a separate thread here with the word "fistula" in the title (like "could this be a fistula?" or something like that) and I bet some of the ladies who are dealing with fistulae here now will spot it and contribute their

-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Thanks ((((((((((Sheri))))))))))

Those links and the info are very helpful to me right now (FYI, the last 4 links re: ORS would not work for me. Perhaps it is my 'puter).

I know, for her to say it was impossible made me mad. But perhaps I was there for a reason. Because I am mad, it makes me want to fight harder for answers. God does work in mysterious ways I have another app't with the Uro-Gyn in a few weeks, and I plan on discussing all of this with him. Thanks my friend

((((((((Linda)))))))) Yes, I have been reading many of the fistula posts. I just haven't posted a separate thread on it...perhaps it is time. It seems to me that those ladies had it really bad. My 'leaking' is more like a dribble. Thanks to you my dear sister

I guess most of my frustration lies in the pain and not knowing. I do know about many of my conditions...but I just know that there are others, that could be fixed. All I want is one day without pain. I am grateful to the pain docs, they are helping me in that department (pain level is better then before). I just want one day. What would all of you do with that?? I think I would go dancing with dh. He loves to dance - I have two left feet, but I'd certainly be willing to try! I'd also be intimate with dh...a day without pain...what a concept!

Thanks for listening...you are my 'S on earth.
Unread 01-29-2003, 11:34 AM
The worst thing about it is...

The whole process empties your pockets, robs you of your time, and adds to anguish. Eventually it's like a very slow steam roller. The process of finding a GOOD doctor with a fair and balanced opinion is EXAUSTING in and of itself. When you're REALLY sick! You just don't have the energy it takes to deal with all of that crap. Or at least I don't. I'm exhausted from being angry/hurt/upset/dismayed. And I shouldn't be by now. I've experienced it SO much. You'd think I'd get used to it...but as Miracle Worker Doc says: "It's a character flaw of mine. For some reason, I think people should be served not talked down to". Oh what a treasure....
Unread 01-29-2003, 03:08 PM
If I lived in the U.S.A...

I think I would have gone bankrupt a long time ago. I couldn't even begin to count the number of dr's or appointments I've had over the past few years.

I agree ((((Anj))))...."robs you of your time, and adds to anguish. Eventually it's like a very slow steam roller. The process of finding a GOOD doctor with a fair and balanced opinion is EXAUSTING in and of itself. When you're REALLY sick! You just don't have the energy it takes to deal with all of that crap. Or at least I don't. I'm exhausted from being angry/hurt/upset/dismayed." You said it so very well my friend. I think I may have the same character flaw...

I want you to know that I love you with all of my I'm here...albeit, far away...but if you ever want to talk, please call me sweetie.
Unread 01-29-2003, 06:49 PM

Jude.

I am one of the "fistula ladies" from the other thread. I had hardly any leaking too-it took 3 exams for my gyn to send me to the uro!
The only 100% way to find a fistula, is an IVP and Cystoscope done by a uro. The tampon test you COULD do on your own as long as you have clearance for sex-(don't do it if your vagina is no man's land!!!)You could get an otc drug called Uristat-it turns your pee orange-take the med, insert the tampon, wait a couple hours, and if the tampon comes out orange, you might be dealing with a fistula. The test doesn't work for all fistulas, but it's a start.
Good luck to you-if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help if I can.

Louise
Unread 01-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Doctor Impossible

Dearest Judester,
I'm so sorry to see your hopes dashed. Why does this road seem more and more like a roller coaster? I can totally understand how you must feel. It just doesn't seem fair does it? I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I've been lurking here again for a few months, too sad and tried to actually post, going through urologist hell, but that's another story. I'm scheduled for bladder sling surgery Feb. 26. Another year, another surgery... Please don't ever give up. You do have the love and support of the many wonderful women here. The long timers on this roller coaster will certainly find the off ramp soon.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 01-30-2003, 06:57 AM
Hi Druid! Long time no see - and I'm so sorry Jude...

Hang in there Jude If you need to talk, give me a call anytime. I'll be home all day Sunday. I'm usually up 7am CST to 11pm CST.

Druid! Long time no see :eyes: Good to 'see' you again.
Unread 01-30-2003, 08:08 AM

Hi ((((Louise2)))), & Thank-you so very much for the info. I'm feeling quite confused at the moment LOL! You have helped clear my mind. I believe that my Uro-Gyn will be running more tests in the next couple of weeks. Please excuse my ignorance, but it a Cystoscope when they look in your bladder? If so, the Gyn that I just saw seems to think that I'll be having one of those done by the Uro-Gyn (she looked down on her report from him). Would you mind explaining what IVP is?! Thanks so much...you see I'm fairly new to this whole bladder thing. I also appreciate the advice regarding the tampon test and the Uristat-it . If my doc doesn't do something soon...I just may try it. My neuro doc told me to do a tampon test (without anything to color my urine) and the tampon was soaked after a couple of hours So again, please know that I truly appreciate your help on this dear sister

((((Druid)))) My old friend. It is so good to see you...but I'm so sad to see why you're back. I was hoping your absence meant that you were doing better. Please know that we are here for you...and when you have the energy, please lean on us for support. I'm so sorry you are looking at another surgery Hun. I will keep you in my prayers too. Thanks for yours

I am blessed to have the support of some of the bravest/smartest/strongest women in the world. I thank God for each and everyone of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register