Visit with radiation onc today went well | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Visit with radiation onc today went well Visit with radiation onc today went well

Unread 01-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Visit with radiation onc today went well

I had my visit with my radiation onc today and it went well. Wish that he could tell me that it was all gone, but I guess I will have to wait until March with my visit with my gyn/onc for that message.

I just wish that it was all over, and back to before I found out I had cancer. I just hate the fact that I had cervical cancer to begin with. I know that many of you have had it a lot harder than I have, and I wish that I had half the spunk that you gals have. Most of the time I am positive, but when I have a visit with the onc docs, it just brings on that old fear. The fear that I had when I was first told that I had cancer. I dont want to go back thru all the tx that I had, I tolerated them well, but just hated them.

I am sorry for ing on your shoulders, but I needed a place to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2003, 03:29 PM

oh Jane....

I am sure that we ALL have those feelings at one time or another. None of us ever asked for this to happen to us but we are a bunch of very strong women dealing with what life has dealt us.
Those lousy doctor appointments just seem to bring out the worst in us and make us remember and worry even more. I have an appointment in February and am already dreading it.
I also hate having had cancer, having had lost my hair, (it is starting to grow back in) and having to see soooo many doctors. My life has totally changed also and each good vist certainly outweighs the minor setbacks we all may have.
Keep your chin up and keep smiling. We all have lots to be thankful for. For one thing we are all here writing to each other!!

Rosalie
Unread 01-28-2003, 03:39 PM

's Jane!

You're entitled to feel bad for yourself periodically. Just go right on and let it all out. You'll feel better!

Doctor's visits are tough on a person when you're dealing with a problem that's not a quick-fix. Hang in there! You're going to make it through!

And come back and vent whenever you want. We're open 24/7!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Vent Away!

That's one reason we're here. Those Dr. appointments are hard--they bring it all back. We're here, now, because of cancer. Lots comes back. And we all wish we could go back to that before life...I wish I knew the moment that one cell did something to become cancerous and I could go in before and say "I know that on X a cell will become cancer." I have a Feb. 4 appointment again with carboplatin chemo #7 and I'm already squeamish just driving past the place. It's totally normal for you to feel this way. We understand.
Unread 01-28-2003, 07:53 PM

s Jane

I think we all identify with your feelings. As a matter of fact, I could have written exactly what you wrote. Even though ovarian cancer has brought some good things my way, I'd go back to my old life in a minsecond.
I too have appts and testing coming up in February. And I find comfort knowing you are all here for me. Truly a group that does walk in my shoes.
We are all here for one another.

karenann
Unread 01-28-2003, 08:58 PM

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer two days before Christmas. I went nuts and immediately thought I was going to die. I had to wait two weeks before I could meet with the oncologist. I had a CT scan done and a chest X-ray as well as blood work. Because of my weight (this is highly embarrasing, I was 318 pounds), I now weigh 298, my doctor said that I needed a radical hysterectomy. He said that I needed to have 6 weeks on radiation instead though because of my weight. He felt surgery was too risky. So I am working on my weight. I am meeting with my radiologist the day after tomorrow, and I am very nervous. I have heard all kinds of things about radiation. I am just really hoping to get this over with. I hope all goes well for you, and I will keep you in my prayers.
Take Care
Unread 01-28-2003, 09:13 PM

{{Jane}}

You are absolutely right, every visit brings it all back. Please don't apologize for what you're feeling, its natural and completely understandable.

There's not a one of us that hasn't felt the same at some point, you're right, most often before a checkup. Comes with the territory unfortunately. Actually I know exactly what you're feeling cause I have mine tomorrow (blushing since I forgot to add it to the calendar) so the nervousness has begun to hit big time.

I will tell you it DOES get a bit easier over time, the stress in between each visit. I finished my treatments almost two years ago (as of Feb 9th) and surgery was almost three years ago. So, alot of the day to day fear has subsided but the checkup nerves are still alive and kicking.

Give it a couple days and I'll just bet you're back to your own spunky self.

{{Luvanimals}}

There are several gals here who've experienced radiation treatments, I'm sure they'll be along to lend a hand. You might also want to do a search to find some of the old discussions. That might also help with some questions you may have.

I don't personally have any experience but wanted to send some 's your way. You might also want to seek out a second opinion regarding the different options if it would make you feel better. Better too much info than not enough.

Good luck at your appointment and please keep us posted on how it goes.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 01-28-2003, 09:52 PM

To VickiA

Thanks much. You are so right, I will be doing a lot more research on this and I allready have probably 25 questions for my radiologist. I was a little bummed because when I met with my oncologist, I never really got the chance to ask him many questions. All of the contact between Jan 8th and now has been between myself and his nurse. When I ask her questions, she seems unable to answer and unable to let me speak with him.

I can tell you that I will definately not be able to live without this incredible Hyster-Sister Site.

Take Care
Sonja

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register