Tomorrow is my BIG DAY! Yikes!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is my BIG DAY!  Yikes!! Tomorrow is my BIG DAY! Yikes!!

Unread 01-29-2003, 04:01 AM
Tomorrow is my BIG DAY! Yikes!!

Well, I'm on the home stretch now. I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 5:30 a.m. My kids are being picked up today to stay with their aunt & uncle for a couple days. I've got my recovery room set up downstairs in my home office with a bed, night stand, t.v., stereo, basket of goodies, etc. House is clean. Fridge stocked. Laundry "sorta" caught up. Ha! I've cried myself to sleep every night for 4 days now and have been so nervous. But when I woke up today in pain, all I can think is how wonderful it will be to be pain"less" after this is all over with. I found out yesterday that my DR has me down for a 2 night stay at the hosp which suprised me. Fine by me though. I'm going today to get a manicure & pedicure and pack my hosp bag. I bought a cute little wire basket and got candy to fill it with, as suggested on this site, to take for the nurses & doctors at the hospital. One question, with an LAVH - should I go ahead and "shave" down there today?? I have found this site to be so helpful this past month. Many times I've been scared to death and turned to it. Other times with simple questions, or just for some inspiration. Thank you all so much for your caring words and commitment to the unseen faces here. Any good advice for today?? Thank you so much. My desk is only 4 feet from my bed, so I'll touch back in as soon as I can after the surgery. Love to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2003, 04:14 AM

good luck at the castle, I hope all goes well.

Amanda
Unread 01-29-2003, 04:28 AM

My castle date is tomorrow as well. I have to be at the hospital at 6:00am.

It sounds as if you are well prepared.

I think that I am going to try to stay as busy as possible today. I purposely left some errands for today so that I would not be able to sit and dwell on the surgery. I have to go to the drug store for my mom......a last minute stop at the grocery store.....and maybe a little shopping this afternoon.

Good luck to you. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that all goes well for an uneventful surgery. Look forward to hearing from you on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2003, 05:21 AM
Shave down there??

Hi Michele: I had a LAVH/BSO and bladder sling and asked the same thing and was told hospital would shave me in the holding area of OR. I didn't even know they shaved me as I was sound asleep. Best wishes on your surgery. You will do fine. The wait is almost over.

LaDonna
Unread 01-29-2003, 06:16 AM
tomorrow's BIG DAY!

Michelle,

Good luck tomorrow!!! I went for my pre-op yesterday (I am scheduled for Monday...is it time already??) and learned a few things about my particular surgery that willhelp me get thru this even better.

I have to tell you all that without this site, I wouldn't have been prepared at all! I wouldn't have understood things the Dr told me, or had the proper questions to ask. I felt so ready and I think she was pleased with how prepared I am.

My thoughts are with you and the rest of the LIW!

Good luck, stay busy today and don't worry (easy for me to say, it isn't Sunday yet!!)

's
Laura
Unread 01-29-2003, 06:25 AM
Thank you -

Thank you all for your comments and good luck with your upcoming surgeries, as well. We will all do fine. Have a great day today!
Unread 01-29-2003, 07:23 AM

Hi Michele, good luck tomorrow. Just think you will be a tomorrow after the surgery. You seem to be prepared and keeping busy. Be careful with the manicure, I had a surgery done and had my nails done just before. They had to remove the nail polish in order to keep any eye on my oxygen level. I would hate to see you waste a good nail job.

Keep us informed after your surgery.

Charlene
Unread 01-29-2003, 07:34 AM
good luck!

I had my pre-op yesterday and they said that the nail polish didn't matter any more.

I have "fake" nails so there isn't any way to see the nail bed and I was told that it doesn't matter any more.

Obviously, every place is different... I can eat up until midnight which is different than some, too.

I guess we need to listen to our Drs and do what we are told, regardless if it varies, right?

Good luck!
Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register