endo cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-29-2003, 04:57 PM
endo cancer

I have been diagnosed with well differentiated endometrial adenocarcinoma my surgeryis 1/31/2003 I would like to know if anyone has had this and how it turned out also what can I expect with this type of surgery it will be abdominal surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2003, 08:29 PM
endo cancer

(((((Casey)))))

Although I don't have any experience with your upcoming surgery, I do want to give you a BIG

The ladies here are WONDERFUL!! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love & Hugs
Unread 01-29-2003, 08:45 PM
endo cancer

{{Casey}}

I don't personally have any experience with this type, mine was Adenocarcinoma but was Ovarian not Endometrial. There are some ladies here who've dealt with this type of cancer themselves. I'm sure they'll be along shortly and will share their experiences.

I did have my surgery done abdominally with a vertical incision. It did take time to heal and I did have to be careful and take things nice and slow for a while. It was still however, not nearly as painful as my imagination had conjured up. Not saying that when I coughed or sneezed (especially) that it didn't hurt, it DID! but was still not what I expected.

Its now going on almost three year later and my "zipper" is doing just fine.

I wish you well on your upcoming surgery and hope that you'll let us know how it went when you can. Sending lots of prayers and warm thoughts your way for a swift and uneventful surgery.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2003, 10:04 PM
endo cancer

Casey
I was dx with endometrial adenocarcinoma last July. I had a tah, bso a week after dx. It was a stage 1a, no lymphnode involvement. I am 44 and was not expecting this. I went in for a d and c to have a uterine polyp removed that the gyn thought was causing my abnormal bleeding and to all of our surprise it was ca. My gyn said I didn't have the typical profile for this type of ca....There are a bunch of ladies on this site that didn't fit the typical profile either....How did you get your dx....through a d and c or a biopsy? i know you are scared out of your wits.....Is a gyn/onc doing your surgery? I hope so....Be sure that the surgeon plans on doing a lymphnode sampling. If you have any questions or if you need some moral support all you need to do is ask. You are welcome to email me if you would prefer.
Unread 01-30-2003, 01:24 AM
endo cancer

I had my TAH BSO for what turned out to be endometiral adenocarcinoma on 1/15 (knew there was a slim chance of possible but mostly the biopsy had shown the atypical hyperplasia which is precncerous cells). It wasn't until the final report came back that I knew what actual stage and the grade it was in and have to go back in for the lymph node sampling on 2/28. Please make sure they do this at the time of your hyst, especially since they already know it is the adenocarcinoma. They did a frozen section at time of surgery but that doesn't show the grade and that is what made all the difference for what treatment I have to do. i did a search online about endmetrial carcinoma and just about all of the sites (especially the National Cancer Institute and the American Cancer Society sites) have it listed exactly the same what needs to be done for each stage and the grade of the cells.
Unread 01-30-2003, 01:09 PM
endo cancer

{{Casey}},
I know it's hard, but try not to worry to much. Same as Chris, I was Dx with endometrial adenocarcinoma in July 2002 and had surgery Aug 2002. Everything went smoothly, I loved the six weeks of rest (my kids are grown so I didn't have any children to take care of), and have been doing great ever since.

Like Chris, I was also told I didn't fit the profile, but I insisted on further tests. I left two red-faced docs in my wake. They're embarrassed, but I'm healthy.

This is a very curable cancer (AMS site said 98%) and as my gyn/onc said, "if you have to get cancer, this is the kind you want."

Be sure to post again after surgery.
s,
Laura
Unread 01-30-2003, 03:11 PM
endo cancer

Hi Casey,

I just wanted to let you know I also have had this kind of cancer. My hyst was Nov. of 2001. I needed only surgery to get rid of it.
As the others have said, do make sure they take a sampling of the lymphnodes while your on the table.
Also as the other ladies said, this is a very curable cancer.

good luck, you'll be fine.

Let us know how your doing.
Unread 01-30-2003, 09:57 PM
endo cancer

Casey,
If you happen to read this before surgery, hope all goes well. I too was diagnosed with endometrial adenocarcinoma last May, and had surgery the beginning of June. My diagnosis came after outpatient surgery to do a D&C and remove a couple small fibroids and what the doc thought was a small polyp for abnormal bleeding and painful periods. Was a big surprise, as an endometrial biopsy had come back clean about a month before. Had the surgery, was off work for 4 weeks, and am feeling great now. No further treatment recommended besides the hysterectomy, cancer was stage 1b, grade 3--the grade really terrified me. I recently moved, and saw my new gyn/onc about a week ago. Was reassuring to hear that he was in complete agreement with the recommendation from the gyn/onc who did the surgery.

My recovery from the surgery went pretty smoothly--was amazed, though, at how weak I was at first. Went from doing 50+ mile bike rides training for a bike tour to barely able to walk to the corner of the park near me--a couple of blocks. Take it easy, and listen to your body, but easy walks are important to your recovery. Start small, and make sure someone is with you! Getting in and out of bed was tough, too, and it took a while for bm's to get back to normal. All to be expected, but don't hesitate to call your doc if anything seems out of sorts. I was lucky to have great support from my sister, friends and co-workers . . . found that people often didn't really know what to do to help, but were anxious to do something, and came through with anything I asked for. Hope you have the same kind of great support from friends and family.

This is a great web site with lots of info and support from ladies who have experienced what you are going through. Was (and still is) a lifesaver for me. Don't hesitate to ask about anything--or send an email if you are more comfortable with that.

Best of luck . . . my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Cheryl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register