I could kiss you ladies for these posts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I could kiss you ladies for these posts I could kiss you ladies for these posts

Unread 01-30-2003, 11:32 AM
I could kiss you ladies for these posts

Even though I know the pain is real, I can't help but sometimes wonder if maybe I am just being a big baby. All of my life, well, since I started my period, I have been told that I wasn't being strong, that I was weak, that I was a baby, that I should just suck it up and live with it, that I shouldn't complain and *all women have pain* with their cycles. UGH! Why is that such a widespread belief? Being a woman shouldn't mean having to live with pain! Yet I am always amazed when someone never shows any sign of having menstrual pain. Mine knocks me to my knees, sometimes very literally, but gosh, these other women must be *really* strong to go on with their day as if nothing hurts! That's the way I have felt all this time. Hearing from other women who have the pain, who know what I am saying and who aren't telling me that I'm just being a baby.. omg, it is SO fantastic!

This place is such a blessing to me. I feel so much more able to deal with everything that goes with my body's problems because I can read here, know I'm not alone and face the day with some kind of hope.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Here here!

Ditto Beanlet. I actually was one of those women who had virtually no trouble with my periods...only bled for 3 days and it was very light, never had any cramping. I always sympathized with those who had so mnay problems, but really had no idea what they were going through...until I had my second child. After my first son was born my periods did get a little heavier, and lasted longer, but still weren't really that big of a deal. Then I had my second child via emergency cesarean, almost died, and had a tubal less than two months later. Ever since I have been on "this side of the fence" - constant pain and severe cramping, bleeding about 10-15 days out of the month, and getting worse by the day. Thank goodness I have a great who is kind and gentle. He couldn't possibly understand the pain, because he is a man, but he is compassionate, and willing to help in any way he can.

You're not being a baby at all, Beanlet. Some people just have no sympathy in their bones; try to overlook them. You're the only one who could possibly know how you feel, so what others think means nothing.

I agree...this place is truly a blessing, and my DH and I both are thankful I discovered it.

s to you!
Unread 01-30-2003, 11:21 PM

(((Beanlet)))

You are NOT being a baby! I remember having incredible cramps when I was a teenager, and my father insisting that if I cleaned house they would cease (how would he know ?)

My pain was simply solved by Anaprox, so I feel fortunate. But I've known plenty of women who have gone through what you're experiencing.

Just wanted to give you some support!

z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2003, 01:36 PM

Lynda, that is what my mother used to tell me. Housework seemed to be the cure of all aches and pains! UGH! My first husband told me that sex/orgasms would make me feel better. Umm.. him maybe, but certainly not me!

My period showed up today.. finally! It's such a build up and then when the hag finally shows up, it's relief. Or maybe it's vicodin..? hehe either way, I am currently only in half of the pain I was in before she arrived, so I'm happy!

Thanks ladies.. I am not sure what I would do without this place. I was on a site for infertility before, but seeing people getting pregnant around me was NOT what I needed.
Unread 01-31-2003, 07:42 PM

It's interesting to hear how our mothers/fathers tried to convince us that our pain wasn't real. My mother used to say I wouldn't have cramps and pain once I'd had a baby ... WRONG!

The bad part about this is that when my own DD started having terrible cramps at age 16, it took me awhile to believe her too. I did come to my senses, however, and she has been on bc pills for several years now to control her pain and periods.

Yes, Beanlet, this site has been a blessing to many of us who were taught that we needed to just "tough it out." So glad you are finding support here!

Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register