Dealing with depression, stressful job while awaiting bladder sling in Feb. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dealing with depression, stressful job while awaiting bladder sling in Feb. Dealing with depression, stressful job while awaiting bladder sling in Feb.

Unread 01-31-2003, 07:17 PM
Dealing with depression, stressful job while awaiting bladder sling in Feb.

Hi Dear Sisters,
I'm a long time road dweller, off and on, for almost three years. My surgery date for a bladder sling is Feb. 26. I had a Burch with my hyst in 2000 and obviously it didn't last. In 2001 I was back on the road with a posterior repair for a rectocele and a lap for adhesions. Another year, another surgery it seems. I'm feeling depressed about the upcoming surgery, even though I've been going through urologist hell with the tests and the waiting, then seeing a different urologist since the one I was first referred to was leaving our area.I started back at the urogyn last April with this nasty incontinence and it has taken until now to finally be able to get something done. I struck out on all bladder meds and even an anti-depressant, imiprimine, which was suppossed to possibly help my bladder but didn't. I started a new job at the end of Feb. last year as well, and one reason for my wait is I found out I have to be with my company for a year until I can take a leave and build up enough time to even be off for surgery. AHHHHH sorry I just felt like screaming for a minute. I've had to also work overtime since I found out about my surgery even being a possibility, so I could build up some more time to be off. It's been so hard to deal with all these female problems and work for the past 3 years in the meantime trying and finally getting a new job. The only breaks I ever seem to have has been for surgery. I'm a social worker and I coordinate foster care programs - talk about stress. I work with teenage girls and I love them dearly and I'm worried about being away from them for 4-6 weeks since we have an intensive program and I see my clients once a week. And then of course the stress this puts on my family, my wonderful husband, two daughters, stepdaughter and stepson. WILL I EVER BE HEALTHY? I'm scared about the recovery from the bladder sling. I will have a supra pubic catheter and from what I understand the sling is being done with my own tissue - pubo vaginal fascial sling. My urologist said my urethra has dropped and I totally lack support for this and my bladder. Tell me about it - I'm the one peeing my pants if I even walk fast up the steps, God forbid if I sneeze or cough. He felt my past history with the adhesions and the rectocele would make the sling with the bikini incision the best option, he didn't think a TVT may be enough to fully get to all my problems. I also deal with IBS and diverticulosis like many of us here and then of course pain it seems sometimes everywhere - maybe even fibro and arthritis too?. Sorry I am rambling dear sisters. I haven't even had the energy to post much but I've been lurking and reading and trying to help some others here when I can. Any words of encouragement or insight about the sling or anything else would be most welcome. Thank you all again.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2003, 08:36 PM

big s to you dear sister. It sounds like you are on your way to another shot of getting off the road. I would be preaching to the choir if I tried to give you advise but I will send my biggest cyber possible your way. I'm also sending a your way maybe you will get a glimpse real soon. Please keep communicating, having someone understand and listen goes a long way

Prayers for you and your family,

DLK
Unread 01-31-2003, 09:27 PM
BIG, BIG, BIG PRAYERS FOR YOU!!

AND A WHOLE LOT MORE PRAYERS.. I AM SO SORRY YOU ARE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS.. I SURE DO UNDERSTAND.. I HAVE NOT HAD TO HAVE ANYTHING DONE TO MY BLADDER YET!!(AND I MEAN YET) BUT HAVE HAD TONS OF INFECTIONS AND WHAT NOT!! NOW FOR THE IBS.. I HAVE GOT THAT SEVERLY AND HAVE BEEN MISERABLE.. FINALLY GOT A EXPENSIVE MED FOR IT..

BUT JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW I AM HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED A FRIEND.. THAT SURE IS ALOT ON YOUR SHOULDERS SO IF YOU NEED ME TO TAKE SOME OFF AND WANT TO VENT YOU CAN..

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU... LOTS OF HUGS AND PRAYERS NICKY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2003, 10:08 PM
thank you

Dear DLK and sadly,
Thank you so much for listening and your words of encouragement. I can see by reading your other posts both of you have had to deal with a lot too. Sometimes I just don't understand why we have to be so strong and go through so much. I am a spiritual person, but it seems I have to encounter so many obstacles along the way. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 01-31-2003, 11:23 PM
THANK YOU BACK!!

I THINK ITS THESE OBSTACLES THAT MAKES US STRONGER.. I GUESS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE LEARNING SOME KIND OF LESSON DURING THIS LIFE TIME.... DONT KNOW WHAT BECAUSE IT SURE IS A PAIN..LOL (PARDON THE PUN)

HUGS AND PRAYERS NICKY
Unread 02-01-2003, 07:33 AM
Dear Druid....my friend...

I am so sorry that life is so painful and stressful. I had hoped that you were doing well - since I hadn't seen a post from you in a while.

You have been through so much...It is time for you to lean on us. We you my dear...

I wish I had some insight to share with you regarding your up-coming surgery. I've just started down the road regarding my bladder. I've had a couple of tests done, but nothing is certain yet.

I wish I could make things easier for you. It sounds like your stress level is very high right now...understandably so. I will keep you in my prayers. And in the meantime, vent/cry/scream here anytime. It is at times like this when you need your sisters.

Sending you gentle, soothing, loving, S
Unread 02-01-2003, 08:44 AM

I'm know what you're going through! Sorry!!! It's so tough to get through all this XXXXXX when you have work and family. It really is the pits.

My husband just got a job after being out of work for 1 1/2 years
and I have had to carry the responsibility of everything on top of not feeling well with all these medical problems. Now that he's back working, I can't just "take it easy". I have people that depend on me also. I had had GB surgery two weeks ago and am expected to just "pop" right back. It is not fun.

Hang in there....a take care of yourself. Sometimes you just have no choice but to think about yourself for a change, before there is nothing left to give at all!

Take care,

Nel
Unread 02-01-2003, 11:25 AM

(((Druid))),
I'm so sorry for all you've had to go thru over the past 3 years Pain on top of stress & worry about your upcoming surgery can wreak havoc on our mental & Physical well-being I've thot about you often & was hoping your absence here meant all your ongoing problems were resolved...

Good Luck Druid My thoughts & prayers will be with you! Hopefully this surgery will finally bring an end to your continuing problems! Please post when you can & let us know how your doing....
((((hugs))))
Unread 02-01-2003, 11:31 AM

I can tell by your post that God is an important part of your life dear. I don't believe He puts obstacles in our way, our bodies are just human and there is so much that can go wrong with them. I do believe though that He will never let me down and He has given me peace over and over again.... I don't know if you know about the Biblical story of Peter walking on the water. But I am definitely him, I am fine just as long as I keep my sight on God but it's when I start looking at the waves(my problems) I really start to sink.

With that said, I will keep you in my prayers, that the people God has put in your life will reach out his hands to you. Even DRs are tools He uses to help heal us.

I know it is easier said than done but there are people at your work that will understand your circumstance and step up to the plate for your girls... With the kind of work you do, your co-workers must be giving people(at least for the most part)

My ers for you, please keep us posted. You can PM me anytime.

S
DLK

BTW: I have been through lots but have been fortunate that I have never had to deal with a life threatening disease. To those ladies that have, my thoughts and prayers to you and your families. Thank God for medicine that has come so far and the miraculous interventions they have made in saving lifes.
Unread 02-01-2003, 05:10 PM
thank you again

Dear Sisters,
Your support means a lot to me. Judester, I am praying for you all the time. You and I have been such long-time road dwellers, we surely will find an off ramp! nel, I appreciate your kind words. It does help to know someone understands. Sheri- thank you so very much for taking the time to offer so much support and also give me all of those links. DLK and sadly, you are both so kind to write to me. I have felt really lost on the road lately. I suppose the obstacles do make us stronger, but at this point I should be Hercules! Thanks again everyone. I'm still really scared about this surgery, since my first bladder repair didn't work. But, living with this awful incontinence doesn't seem to be a choice either at this point. I will continue to pray for all of the sisters on the road.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register