Dealing with depression, stressful job while awaiting bladder sling in Feb. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dealing with depression, stressful job while awaiting bladder sling in Feb. Dealing with depression, stressful job while awaiting bladder sling in Feb.

Unread 02-01-2003, 10:13 PM
DRUID,

ITS OK TO FEEL THE WAY YOU DO.. I FEEL THE SAME WAY FOR YOU.. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU PREPARE FOR SURGERY IT IS STILL THE MOST SCARIEST THING IN THE WORLD.. ESPECIALLY IF YOUVE GONE DOWN THAT ROAD SO MANY OTHER TIMES..

I SHOULD BE HERCULES ALSO LOL, BUT WE KNOW SOMEONE IS ALWAYS WATCHING OVER US AND THATS THE MAN UPSTAIRS.. AND WITHOUT HIM WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE ANOTHER STEP. JUST KEEP YOUR FAITH, AND KNOW I AM SAYING A PRAYER EVERY NITE FOR YOU AND ALL THE OTHER SISTERS GOING THREW THIS LONG ROAD WITH US..

LOTS OF HUGS NICKY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Bladder Sling

Hi Druid: I had a bladder sling with my hyster in Nov. My gyn did the hyster and my urologist did the sling. I too had a problem walking fast, running (God forbid), coughing, sneezing, etc. I too lacked support for bladder and urethra. But I am happy to report that it worked great!! My cath came out the morning after my hyster. So far I've been dry. I told my DH it was wonderful to be able to exercise (trying to lose weight) and not have to wear a pad. I still wear a pantyliner cause I want that security blanket, lol. However, I have been totally dry since my surgery!!! I will be praying for good results for you as well. Keep your chin up and you will be fine.

LaDonna
Unread 02-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Dealing with depression, stressful job while awaiting bladder sling in Feb.

sorry your having such a hard time with all this. I too had a burch (bladder sling) operation to stop me leaking.
I dont know how to help you , but be sure my prayers are with you for a speedy recovery and a resolution comes for your other problems soon.

http://www.kgxnz.orcon.net.nz/smilies/bearhug.gif

chelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Dealing with depression, stressful job while awaiting bladder sling in Feb.

Hey Druid, just wanted to pop in and say hi to another "2000" sister.....sorry to hear you too are having a rough time of it....all I can say is come here lots, we have lots of 's still and you can count on us to be here for you for support!!!

(oh and that I can totally relate to trying to work through all the pain and keep your plates spinning when all you want to do is lie down and cry) 's!!!
Unread 02-05-2003, 05:18 PM
2000 Club

Dear gidge,
Thank you so much for the hugs and kind words. Yes, I know you can certainly relate with all you have been through. We are long-time road dwellers here, and hugs are so appreciated. I'm now about 3 weeks away from the surgery and I have to work a 12 hour day tomorrow - which mean another four hours saved for recovery time. I'm worried I may just fall over into the hospital for exhaustion by the time I'm ready for that ever popular place, the operating room. I've realized I've had surgery every year since my hyst, and the surgeries seem to go along with important world events - in Nov 2000, after hyst and bladder repair, I recouperated watching Bush and Gore fight about the vote counts. In Aug/Sept 2001, I recouperated during the awful Sept. 11 attacks. Not to make light of this or anything, but my co-workers are actually saying the US will probably start heating up the war with Iraq at the end of Feb. when I am having this next surgery - YIKES. Anyway, thanks again gidge and everyone. I continue to keep you all in my prayers.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 02-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Another thank you

battyjunior and chelle,
Thank you both for your encouragement and kind words. batty, if you read this - how did you get to have the cath out the next morning? - my uro says I have to have a suprapubic cath and it may take a while? I had the cath out the nex day after my Burch and hyst cause it was laprascopic, but I guess this sling will be more involved? I'm still scared. Chelle - had the Burch been good for you - mine was fine until it failed and I am now worse than ever. Thanks again ladies.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 02-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Bladder Sling

Hi again Druid: I don't know why I didn't have to keep cath..maybe just lucky. I didn't question it when urologist came in that am after surgery and said everything looks good.....cath can come out!!! I was ready to dance, lol. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to e-mail me [email protected]

LaDonna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register